UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

house placement help

Reaves

Wanderer
house placement help

i get the ghosted house right where i want it and it still says its unplaceable.

basically i need to get lucky to place... i just click all over the place and hope that i get it.

im using razor, have tree hack, have transparency turned off.

any suggestions?

thanks.

a lawyer

Sorceror
Re: house placement help

Get with me, pedro, or bimba and we can show you.

Make sure your game screen is in upper left corner. Space it out to ensure the spot meets all the spacing rules and you're good to go. If you aren't sure, start with 7x7 and keep going up.

i have the same problem placing.. I can sit there and watch my friend put from a 7x7 up to a 11x10 all day long, and when i try to place even a 7x7 in a space large enough for a 11x10, it never goes.. but other people can fully place right where i was at. I think theres some kind of broken code in placing, either that or something with my client is malfunctioning

yoshi0520

Sorceror

I have a horrible time trying to place houses with razor. IF you have the option, I suggest using sallos to place houses. I've not once had a problem placing houses with the sallos client, the ghost is right where you intend on placing a house.

Reaves

Wanderer

yoshi0520;1963137 said:
I have a horrible time trying to place houses with razor. IF you have the option, I suggest using sallos to place houses. I've not once had a problem placing houses with the sallos client, the ghost is right where you intend on placing a house.

wow, yeah i loaded up sallos and am now a placement master.

Hydrofiend

Knight

Problem is probably tree hack. You click what looks like clear ground, but the client knows there is tree leaves/branches there and the server chooses your target location as the base of the tree. Stand in the correct location and use target self hotkey.

yoshi0520

Sorceror

No the main problem I have is that the ghost of the house is not true to the actual placement. I've confirmed this by clicking the exact same tile in sallos and having success.

Even if I don't touch the placement of the UO game window, it doesn't seem like the ghost house is a true representation of the one I'm trying to place.

Quiet simply, Sallos saves much headache in placing a house, I never have any problems anymore.

Sophist

Wanderer

Im using Razor (soon to switch) seems sallos is the better from what I have read. I seem to find that placing with Razor I always have to place like 2 tiles east of the proper location.

yoshi0520;1963386 said:
No the main problem I have is that the ghost of the house is not true to the actual placement. I've confirmed this by clicking the exact same tile in sallos and having success.

Even if I don't touch the placement of the UO game window, it doesn't seem like the ghost house is a true representation of the one I'm trying to place.

Quiet simply, Sallos saves much headache in placing a house, I never have any problems anymore.

what you just described sounds like your client might be out of sync sometimes. the best thing you can do to place though guys is make sure to put your uo screen to the far top left of your game window. that and resyncing should be all you have to do. but ive also heard of some people having problems with tree hacks. id recommend you guys encourage fez to make a new tree hack for tessa to post. he really is good at making customs for UO. my tree hack has never caused me any problem.

Hydrofiend

Knight

I agree with Black Sheep, it does sound like your client was out of sync, teleport to resync your client.

Hydrofiend;1963520 said:
I agree with Black Sheep, it does sound like your client was out of sync, teleport to resync your client.
Or just make a re-sync button?

(if your too lazy though, any spell will actually work, just try and run while your frozen from casting)