UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

HELP!! Returning player experiencing suuuppper lag

!STiTCH!

Sorceror
I've been gone for about 18months, came back because UO is worse than crack, have an even better system than before (I'm running an AMD Quad Core with 8g Ram, Win7) but when I log in, it is laggier then I've ever experienced. Just to be sure, I installed it on another computer with about 1/4 the power and it runs fine. My video drivers are all up to date....no idea whats going on here....anyone got an idea where to look?

!STiTCH!

Sorceror
Yes I am, the laptop I tried and worked fine on is also on wifi so I don't think that's the issue

Divide By Zero

Traveler
If you're in an apartment or have a neighbor that also has wireless try changing the channel that your wireless router operates on. I usually use one of the lower ones. Also ping the server through razor or uosteam and post the results. Make sure that you have the latest wireless card drivers installed.

Divide By Zero

Traveler
To elaborate on my post. Don't use windows drivers for your wireless. They are terrible. And channel interference can be spotty based on location. Also make sure that you don't have any significant interference with your wireless antennas. While unlikely a power cable or a video/audio cable from another piece if equipment could be producing enough emi to cause a problem. Also, cheap led lights can cause problems.

!STiTCH!

Sorceror
I never figured out this problem, but finally gave UO Steam a try, solved my problems and works wonderfully.