UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[Help] - Guide taming GDragon

proteusbr

Wanderer
Hi everyone,

I tried to search a topic that explain the best or safest way to tame a GDragon (solo), but all I got was "No results", probably Im not doing right.

1) what is the best or safest way to tame a GDragon?
2) Can I do it with 110 tame/music, 115 peace ?
3) Is it possible to raise honour with tamers? Coz I've read it's a good way to do it.

Thx

deathviper

Sorceror
You will have a harder time taming a Greater with 110 taming. I have 120 taming and lore and still fail more often then I am successful. Eventually I get them tamed but have failed over 15 times in a row even with 120.

1) 120 taming/lore to make things a little easier
2) Beat the sucker down to an inch of his life so the fire breathe doesn't roast your ass.
3) 120 music/peace and a dragon slayer instrument
4) Easier way is to have another char either yours or someone else with a greater tanking for you by "all stay" while you try and tame one. Also helpful if one of you have 120 music/peace and a dragon slayer instrument.

Not sure if any of that helps but that is how I keep my ass from being roasted.

1. Use Honour or Ethereal Voyage.
2. You can, but it'll take you forever.
3. This fix has already been committed to the SVN, it should be on Demise very soon.

FE

DeathViper's advice is good if you're a career GD tamer -- the powerscrolls, jewelry, and skill training needed will be very expensive and time consuming, and thus probably not worth it if you're only going for a GD of your own or for one or two for friends.

Honor is by far the quickest and cheapest route. The downside is that you will use it down on each attempt and will have to re-gain it for each dragon. This is why it's not really ideal for career GD tamers. With "Knight of Honor" you could tame a GD in a reasonable amount of time with just 115 taming. Miiiight even be able to get away with 110 (don't know -- haven't tried). Barding skills would not be necessary.

Though your bard skill would be useful in attaining honor (I used barding+magery on Ice Fiends and Succubus).