UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Guild "New Player" [NEW] recruiting Helpers

Paracelsus

Sorceror
*** Important Note ***

New thread has been created for [NEW]. Content has been moved to the new thread.
----> http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/new.492999/

The guild house has been moved to a new location. The new guild house is 3 screens away from the guild zone and not far away from the moonglow.

To go to the new guild house location, recall from the rune book locked outside the old guild house.

About Our Guild

I have set up a guild named "New Player". The guild tag is [NEW].

Our guild name and abbreviation?
  • New Player [NEW]
Our main objectives?
  • It is to help new players to play in this server in a less painful way.
What do we provide?
  • the guild tag [NEW] to classify new players from other.
  • share the basic information with the new player such as where to find uo specific (e.g. uo stratics) and hybrid specific (e.g. hybrid forum and knowledge based) information.
  • the guild house as new player shelter. They can get the limited supply for training (not pvp) and macro up.
  • the mini-rune library.
    • It is not going to replace the well-known rune library.
    • It has a few rune books to give access to the places where new players may go
    • It will have runes to the public rune libraries.
  • the alliance chat.
    • A channel for new player to ask ad-hoc questions when they get lost in game.
    • The more experience guild mates may share with them.
    • The helper from alliance guild may give them a hand.
What is our guild hierarchy?
  • Guild leader, with tag [Helper, NEW]
    • Looking for the guild helpers
    • Looking for the external helper (in the form of alliance)
    • Asking for other players to have mercy on the new players.
    • Other than that, same role as Helpers.
    • Note: I am not the right candidate as a guild leader. But, I will be the acting guild leader (temporary) until I find a suitable candidate for this.
  • Helpers, with tag [Helper, NEW]
    • Helpers are guild emissaries. They can recruit the new player as Ronin. They give help to new player at their convenience.
  • New player, with tag [NEW]
    • New players are the guild ronins. They are the group we are going to provide the service.
  • External Helper (green player from the alliance guilds)
    • They are volunteers who are willing not to kill [NEW] and would love to give them a hand to start a new life here.
Who can apply and the requirement?
  • Guild leader
    • Have mercy and patient to the new players.
    • Willing to sacrifice.
    • Have the ability to handle the daily activities of the guild and run the guild in harmony.
    • Good in liaison with other guilds and have a good reputation.
  • Helpers
    • Have mercy and patient to the new players.
    • Can spare some time to help new players.
  • New player
    • When the helpers see you and he think you need help as a new player. You will be invited to join.
    • You run your own guild and you would like to help new players by answering new player questions through the alliance chat.
Our rule?
  • Helpers
    • Cannot grief the New players for any reason. Those violated this rule will be kicked.
    • Cannot grief the helpers (guild and alliance) without appropriate reason. Those violated this rule will be kicked.
  • New player
    • Cannot grief the New players for any reason. Those violated this rule will be kicked.
    • Cannot grief the helpers (guild and alliance) without appropriate reason. Those violated this rule will be warned. If proved to do it with evil mind, those violated this rule will be KICKED.
    • Cannot grief the New players for any reason. The case will be passed to the guild master of the corresponding guild and may result in the alliance being broken.
    • Cannot grief the helpers (alliance) without appropriate reason. It will be investigate in the case by case basis. The case may be passed to the guild master of the corresponding guild and may result in the alliance being broken.
Who will be kicked?
  • Already mentioned in the above.
  • For the new player, if the helpers think that he has grown up. The new player will be kicked out for a new life.
============================================================

A Message to other players
  • If you would like to give us a hand, you can do it.
    • If you role-play a red and see a player with [NEW] tag, please try to give them a chance to survive. (Note: you can kill [Helper, NEW] as will. I don't mind.)
    • If you have to kill some players and a player with [NEW] tag and another player are in front of you, please pick another player as the victim if you can.
============================================================

Who are interested can contact me through PM. I will check forum more often than aim.

Paracelsus

Sorceror
Useful Information for New Player

[Gain 10k per day]
  • To vote (click the voting stone) at west Britain bank or Delucca bank, you will have chance to get a 10,000 check.
  • Put the check in bank box, double click it. The check will cash in.
[#Account in Hybrid Server]
  • Hybrid server allows maximum 4 accounts per IP address.
  • You can have up to 4 accounts (i.e. 4 x 5 = 20 characters) maximum.
    Note: if you play with your wife or kids, just make sure the total number of accounts in your family does not exceed that limit.
[Stat]
  • STR: 100 (max)
  • DEX: 100 (max)
  • INT: 100 (max)
  • HP: 50 + STR / 2
  • Stat (STR+DEX+INT) cap: 225 (real)
    Note: Some armors and clothing may decrease your stat (effective ).
  • To get the stat you want, read this:
    [quoted from peter liv]
    get 700 on show real (skill cap)

put camping going up. put whatever stats you want to gain up. lock every skill except camping. click kindling over and over. you will gain a stat every other click because of camping's stat synergy (33%/33%/33% str/dex/int influence) it takes about 35 kindling to do 100/25/100 if you're camping is 0 on showreal.

note : this is only effective after your char is at skill cap (7x,) so always do stats last. the skill gain speed you lose is not worth the few stats you gain before your character is finished
[Skill]
[Chat]
  • To chat in various channel, prefix the message (e.g. "Hello") appropriately.
    • "\Hello" - say Hello in guild chat
    • "|Hello" - say Hello in alliance chat
    • "/Hello" - say Hello in party chat
[Stratics Ultima Online Information]
[UO Gamers Information]
[Faction Town Information]
  • Faction Town Information (http://my.uogamers.com/factions/)
    - can tell you which towns are faction controlled. What are the current tax rate.
    - To save money, buy from faction town with -30% tax rate. Or, buy from neutral town for normal price.
[Razor Macro Information]
[Other Information]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Common Templates]
Vet Tamer (all round pvm template)
  • Skill: animal taming / animal lore / veterinary / magery /resist / meditation / wrestling
  • Training Procedure:
    1. taming (lock skill: all except taming and magery)
    2. magery, resist, meditation (skill up: magery, resist, meditation)
    3. veterinary, lore (skill up: veterinary, lore)
    4. wrestling (skill up: wrestling)
Tank Mage (all round pvp template)
  • Skill: magery / resist / meditation / eval.int / <weapon> / tactics / anatomy
  • Training Procedure:
    1. magery, resist, meditation (lock skill: all except magery, resist, meditation)
    2. <weapon>, tactics, anatomy taming (skill up: <weapon>, tactics, anatomy)
    3. eval.int (skill up: eval.int)
Alchemy Stun Mage (offensive pvp template)
Alchemy Dexxer (offensive pvp template)
  • Skill: magery / resist / alchemy / <weapon> / tactics / anatomy / healing*
  • Training Procedure:
    1. alchemy (lock skill: all except alchemy)
    2. magery, resist, meditation (skill up: all except magery, resist, meditation)
    3. <weapon>, tactics, anatomy (skill up: <weapon>, tactics, anatomy; skill down: meditation)
    4. healing (allow skill up: healing; skill down: meditation)
  • Ref: http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/general-way-and-cost-to-gm-alchemy-on-a-new-char.231194/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Training Macro for new player]

Mage.Resist.macro
(Generic macro for training resist and magery at the same time)
(The spell targeting self is lighting. Change it to other spell for different magery level.)
(Logic:
If poisoned then heal/cure self
else if HP < 60 then heal/cure self
else if MANA < 40 then meditation for 8s
else cast SPELL on self)
!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|3|-1|0
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1391|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|0|0|60
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1391|
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|1|0|40
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1044106|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:08
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|3002040|
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|3
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1059|
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction

Dexxer.Resist.macro
(Generic macro for training resist and magery and healing at the same time)
(Cast a spell to set last spell. The macro will use last spell to cast on self.)
(Logic:
If poisoned then bandage self for 15s
else if HP < 60 then bandage self for 15s
else if MANA < 40 then meditation for 8s <--- for dexxer, drop meditation after trained up
else cast LAST SPELL on self)
!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|3|-1|0
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1025|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:15
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|0|0|60
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1025|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:15
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|1|0|40
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1044106|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:08
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1369|
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|3
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1059|

[Guild House]

Our guild house is a public house with private training room. The guildmates are free to use the facility inside this house and can use the private training room to macro up his character and his non-guild alternative character.

Guild House

Public Area

Outside the guild house, you can find the simplified version of runebooks (e.g city, tamer training, mare, kirin, dungeon and some hunting runebooks like lich lord, elder gazor). You can also find that there are many bags on the floor. They are all guild accessible. You can freely use any resources in those bags.

The southern part of the guildhouse is open to the public. Anyone is welcome.

1/F - guildmates can arm theirselves with weapons and reagents here.

2/F - guildmates can arm theirselves with the appropriate armors.

Entering Private Training Room

Go to the second floor. Open the orange gift box. You will see many locked key boxes.

Pick one of them and put it in your packpack.

With the key box, you can open the metal door and enter the little room.

Now, put the box back to the orange gift box. (Important: Other guild members cannot access it if no key box is left in the orange gift box. Please be considerate!)

Enter the private training room by stepping into the teleporter.

Now, you are in the training room. You can macro your skill up.
(Note: Even this room is not 100% safe, it is still better than macroing in the bank. When you are macroing, make sure you are standing on the color tile. At least you can be safe from the normal chain lighting or meteor storm attack.)

Paracelsus

Sorceror
Sure. Thank you for the support. This is really encouraging. :)

I have just setup the guild framework. Still many details to go through and I need to recruit more as I could after this weekend. ^^

Mohawk

Sorceror
ill help been on uo since 97 beta osi till 2000 and on hybrid for 6 years now im down aim me mohawkjogar

BloodHound

Wanderer
hi i would like to join as a new play since i started recently. i have some knowledge about this game, but i forgot how to play it. i remember luna for example, but this server doesn't seem to have it hehe

Paracelsus

Sorceror
No luna here. :)
I am very busy before mid July and then I will be offline for a whole month. I will try to login tomorrow and recruit you in. Do you have aim? My aim is cho19111.