UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

General Guide (1st Oct, 04)

DoOmZdAy776

Wanderer
General Guide (1st Oct, 04)

Main
Me, Demise and its staff and personnel are not responsible for you downloading Age of Shadows from a non-official OSI website (anywhere other than Gigex) or anything else you do with the download. Nor are we responsible for any other thing that you download listed below this disclaimer, so if you fuck your computer up, it’s your fault n00bie, not mine!

Welcome to my General FAQ, this page will be for everything you could possibly need to get around on UO Gamers: Demise.

It is recommended that you go through this guide from top to bottom, going through each faq.

But if you need to skip to a certain part, I have included this crappy link system for you to use :rolleyes:

mIRC

If you fail to understand or have trouble with any of the following, go to the associated website (google it) or hop onto mIRC and ask me, Harry, and the other players for assistance

Created:1st Oct, 04
23rd oct - Added guide writer part in razor

DoOmZdAy776

Wanderer
Ultima Online: Age of Shadows
Requirements:
  • Nothing!
(But just in case, get latest Direct X and windows updates)
The first and foremost thing you will ever possibly need, EVER, is the Ultima Online: Age of Shadows client you can download it from the following websites (all blatantly stolen from UOGateway forums :D)

http://www.gigex.com/gp/gp.ASP?PID=&a=T&PackageId=0054000025&source=00001 <- Only DEFINITE Source of UO:AOS, will not let you down, or shouldn't anyway
http://www.myuo.cn/download/setup.exe*
http://uo.cbbn.net/uo/down/uoaos_setup.exe*
ftp://202.106.182.20/game/UOAOS.rar*
http://www.runuo.com/UOAOS_July_03.exep Ryan or any board admin, feel free to edit this out if you don’t want it there
*untested servers, download at own risk

WARNING: Gigex may be riddled with spyware, not too sure but it COULD POSSIBLY BE, So run Ad-Aware after installing the downloaded software. (Someone let me know if I am wrong)

After downloading it, make sure you run it once so it fully updates (this should take a short while).

After it has finished updating, you have 2 options:
1/ You can continue reading this section, and keep your UO install clean without any 3rd party tools, OR
2/ You can get all the extras, if you want to make you UO life easier (then skip the next part)

Ok, so it looks like you want to go vanilla UO, go to your Ultima Online folder (C:\Program Files\Ultima Online 2d\ or 3d [I don’t know where 3d goes ;)]), go into your music folder.
Once in your music folder, Move/Delete/Rename any file ending with .bik which includes:
  • Ealogo.bik
  • Intro.bik
  • Osilogo.bik
This will remove all the annoying startup movies and save you loading time. good for all!

Now, to get connected: Go up a folder back to your main UO Directory
Open login.cfg in notepad or you preferred text editor.
Change the following:
;Loginservers for Ultima Online
;Do not edit this file or patching will fail! Always save a backup.
LoginServer=login.owo.com,7775
LoginServer=login.owo.com,7775
LoginServer=login.owo.com,7776
LoginServer=login.owo.com,7776

To

;Loginservers for Ultima Online
;Do not edit this file or patching will fail! Always save a backup.
;LoginServer=login.owo.com,7775
;LoginServer=login.owo.com,7775
;LoginServer=login.owo.com,7776
;LoginServer=login.owo.com,7776
LoginServer=67.15.74.69,2593

After that, you should just run client.exe from your UO folder and type in your Username and Password, it should be at least 6 characters in length and all your usual password safety stuff. Your username should automatically be created and make your first character ;)
Note: If you choose Advanced when at the character creation screen, you will be denied a necromancy and paladin quest, so it is recommended that if you wish to do those quests, that you choose either Necromancer for the necromancer quest, and vice versa for the Paladin one.

DoOmZdAy776

Wanderer
UO Gateway

UOGateway
Requirements:
  • Internet Explorer 4.0 or later.
  • Visual Basic 6.0 runtimes.
UOGateway is a launching/patching tool which allows you to connect to many servers. Basically it stores servers, their configs and patches them for you automatically without any of the hassles of the login.cfg, backing up and changing of files for servers with custom goodies.
It has an inbuilt list of a wide array of servers (saves you from looking) and a public voting system so you can see the people favourites (although may not actually determine peoples all time favourite, mainly cause they’re too lazy/stupid to vote)

THIS PROGRAM IS EXTREMELY RECOMMENDED

You can get the latest version of UOGateway here.
And if that doesn’t work, try going to http://www.uogateway.com and look around the website

After running and install for UOGateway, Run the program!
When your inside, don’t rush straight to UO, go to Settings on the left side, and set some options if you prefer (if you have installed it + I also make UOG close itself after launching, but up to you) RAZOR INSTRUCTIONS IN RAZOR FAQ, although should be blatantly obvious by now!

Click Save Settings, and close, reopen it and go to Public Servers, press CTRL+F and type in “Demise” and click on it, it should then put it into “My Servers”, click on it again and it should load (It will stay that way forever now, and you can conncet to not only Demise but any other server you wish from UOGateway without any file editing, although configurations from previous servers may transfer onto another, this I don’t know how to fix nor can I be bothered :D

After you got UOGateway all running, go to the UOGateway Message Boards and register for a new account, please note I think you cannot use hotmail/yahoo addresses to register, you don’t have to post or anything on the boards. After getting all the e-mail confirmation done and your account activated, go into UOGateway, make sure that Demise is in “My Servers” tab and click the “Vote” tab, put in your Username and password, NOT your e-mail, and click vote

DoOmZdAy776

Wanderer
Razor

Razor
Requirements:

Razor, is basically UOAssist, only free and, well seeing as I’ve never really used UOA I can’t give an honest comparison, but stuff it! IT IS BETTER! Almost everyone uses it (that isn’t a reason to use it), and you may/will be left behind and disadvantaged if you don’t use it. It contains the following great features:
  • a Dress/Undress feature, with different bags for different dresses (allowing you to change into many different suits with much ease)
  • Multiple Organizer agents, so you can put all your reagents/loot in a chosen bag
  • Filter some messages and get rid of selected sounds (weather, bard, spirit speak, backpack)
  • An advanced macro system (in comparison to normal clients) which allows you to record your actions and replay them
  • Screenshot Capture (automatically capture screenshots on your death/anyone else)
  • Video Capture! you can now record videos and share them with others
  • A targeting system (last target, target self, target random blue/grey/red etc)
  • a few more things that I really cannot be fucked listing…

Download Razor here

Razor, in itself, is very self explanitory. But I will try to explain some of it's features anyway:

General tab, you should use a Profile (bottom right) with the same name as each of your characters, and maybe a small description (i.e. Fabron - Blacksmith) if you use all your characters with the same name.
Opacity means the transparency of the Razor window (so you can see what it is blocking).
The Filters are the annoying parts of Ultima Online that you can selectively.. well... Filter out! I would get rid of spell fizzle sound, weather and bards music if I were you :p but it's all up to you!

Options tab. Change the Razor Message Hue to something weird (like yellow) so you can identify your own razor messages from all the other system messages. and make sure you check the "Override Spell Hues" box and leave it, since this identifies all the good and bad spells for you so you get a general idea of what kind of spell is coming :). Also another handy feature would be the "Open New corpses within [ ] tiles" feature, I have mine set to 2 since otherwise it tries to open corpses too far away, thus muddling spells and other things.
MAKE SURE YOU TURN THIS FEATURE OFF DURING CHAMPION SPAWNS, IS IT BAD!!!!!

More Options, Set the Auto-Queue Object Delay to 850ms, or whatever is good for you depending on your ping (find out your ping at bottom of post)

Display/Counters
This is probably most handy for mages, but I use it also on my crafter to count ores and shovels.
My current setup is like this:
{crimtime}{statbar}{hp}/{hpmax} {stam}/{stammax} {mana}/{manamax} {weight}/{maxweight}|{bp}{bm}{gl}{gs}{mr}{ns}{ss}{sa}|{bw}{db}{gd}{nc}{pi}
This setup tells me how long I've been a criminal, gives me a tiny stat bar, shows my hit points, stamina, mana, how much weight I am holding and am able to hold. and then it shows me how much of each reagent I have so I know how much I have left and if I need to restock, very very handy, it also shows you which reagents are used when you cast a spell.

Also you are able to tell what commands do by holding your mouse in the top right hand of the edit box, and add more counters in the bottom window (FOR ANYTHING!) plus the reason why Never auto-search pouches is disabled by default is so you don’t blow yourself up after retrieving your corpse if you have cast trap on a pouch to get out of a mages paralyse spell.

Arms/Dress tab is for equipping and un equipping all your current clothing, all the features here are self explanatory

Skills tab, gives you a good list of all your skills, their values, their caps (shows which you have used power scrolls on), how much you have gained/lost and weather they are Locked, Up or Down

Agents tab, here is probably one of the best features of Razor, The Organizer agents are for putting certain items in certain packs, instead of having a messy pack, you can press a button and all the selected items will be moved into a pack, this is good for reagents, and works best with the buy agent.
The buy agent is used for automatically buying a certain amount of items from vendors (non player ones), basically you select what items you want to buy, the quantity, carry some cash and go to a vendor and buy! It will automatically go through a vendor and buy all the selected items for you if you have the cash and if the vendor stocks the quantity of the item, and if the vendor doesn’t have the amount of items it will just buy him clean and give you a notice.
The scavenger basically keeps an eye out for items, so if you select all your reagents, and run past a reagent grown on the ground, it will pick it up for you. pretty neat, I have mine set to regs and body parts, so it picks up heads so I don’t have to sort through the corpses of people I killed, I just walk past it.
ALSO very VERY handy for up showing the guys who drop awesome items on the ground to show off to everybody, you just select it with scavenger and run past, and before he knows it, GONE! the agent will definitely act faster than he can. I've done this before, very rewarding.
So if you use the scavenger and buy agent to collect reagents for you, you press a button and it organises all of them into a bag for you

The sell agent works the same way as the buy one, just does the opposite, so I set it to sell all my gems that I pick up in 1 go, grabbing me an extra $2,000 usually from hunts and a fraction of the weight

The friends agent basically prevents you from casting flame strike on a friend I think, I haven’t really tried this one out extensively

Hot Keys tab, basically allows you to transfer most of the selected features onto your keyboard, so you can organize, cast spells and bandages yourself (good feature, under Items)

Macros tab, this is probably also a great feature with Razor, basically here’s one to get you started:
  • Open your skills in UO (Alt+K)
    Click New in Razor (under Macros tab)
    call it anat
    press “Record”
    use the skill Anatomy and target on another player/animal (not npc or yourself) and click stop.
This macro will eventually stuff up because of lag, so click on “Wait for Target” and right click, go to Edit, go to “Pause for:” and put 750 in the box, click ok.
Check the “Loop” box and click play, and you’re on your way to Grand Mastering Anatomy! An essential skill if you want to use healing or be an effective warrior

All the other tabs are pretty self explanatory anyway, figure them out yourself :p

Getting razor to work with UOGateway on Razor enabled servers
1. Open UOGateway.
2. Click on the "Settings" button located along the left hand side of the program screen.
3. You will see a few headings. Under the "Settings" heading there will be many options. One of those options is "Use third party tool:"
4. Click on the drop down menu to the right of the option "Use third party tool:".
5. Choose "Razor" from the dropdown menu.
6. Click on the "Save Settings" button.
7. Close UOGateway and reopen (optional).
8. Reopen UOGateway and click on the appropriate shard that you wish to connect to.

To find your average ping on a server, when connected and running around happily, say:
-ping
nobody will see this but you, and thus you know if your lagging bad :)

Note for Guide Writers:
If you are wanting to put up specific razor macro's you can go into your Razor directory by clicking here.
You open up a XXXX.macro file in notepad (Open Notepad, and open the file through it) and copy+paste the information directly onto here.

Then people can copy it, paste it in notepad and save the file as a XXXX.macro in their macro directory here and run it exactly like you would, this is so people dont stuff it up as bad.
Example:
Code:
!Loop
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3718|True
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.7500000
Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|0|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:03
Assistant.Macros.LiftTypeAction|6585|2
Assistant.Macros.DropAction|0x3805|(65535, 65535, 0)|0

This macro double clicks any pickaxe located within your backpack, mines the spot exactly underneath you, assumes the ore you have mined drops to your feet and moves it to my pack animal (You will have to re-target it if you want it for yours)

You could copy and paste this into notepad and save it as a .macro file and it would work just like mine did, except you would have to change a few settings to have the ore stack at your feet (OPTIONS tab)

DoOmZdAy776

Wanderer
Krrios's Client

Krrios’ Client BETA
Requirements:

This is an alternative client to the default UO:AOS one, it is actually quite awesome, just no support for it (none that I can recall) and is still buggy and lag issues. It may be good to get into this very early so you get used to it, you can see a lot more than other people see, it calculates peoples total unmodified resistances, faster cast and recovery ect. It has a nice targeting system and comes pre bound with handy macros galore! This is not an essential download

Get Beta 12 here! may not be latest version, check the forums for the latest sticky

My only tip that I can really offer you is: SHIFT IS YOUR FRIEND!
Use shift to bring up shopkeeper menus, remove dragged out spells and health bars like you normally would ect. and hop straight into options and macros to learn all the keys (Alt+O)

DoOmZdAy776

Wanderer
mIRC

mIRC
Requirements:
  • None (Basically if your looking at this webpage, you are able to run mIRC)
To be honest, I cannot be bothered explaining mIRC, it is really really not that hard to use, once you download it from here: http://www.mirc.com/get.html, you run it once and set your Full Name, E-mail Address, Nickname and Alternative Nickname (in case your first one is in use, just add a ` at the front or end or something)

Also a few other options if you want (recommended):
  • Under Connect – Options, maker sure the boxes “Connect at Startup” and “Reconnect on Disconnection” are checked, and “Pop up connection dialog on startup” is unchecked.
  • Make sure under IRC that “Show Mode Prefix” is checked, so you are able to identify the channel leaders when they talk
  • Under IRC – Logging, make sure you set “Automatically Log” to Both
    Make sure all boxes are checked except for “Reload Logs” and “Trim log files to:”

After mIRC is installed and configured to your liking, click the following link
irc://irc.runuo.com/demise
Make sure that you have selected “Change servers and join channel” and click OK
This will take you to the right server, and the right channel

The Official mIRC Install Guide:
http://www.mirc.com/install.html

The FAQ if you have ANY problems installing:
http://www.mirc.com/faq.html