UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Forum Downtime, Part Deux

Terron

Knight
Forum Downtime, Part Deux

The webserver once again ran out of disk space during its backup procedure. All MySQL-driven errata were down from aprx 2:00am until 8:15am. IRC Services (nickserv/chanserv) were also down during the aforementioned time. Disk space has been revived and Ryan has been smote.

Have a delicious day.

Brenden

Wanderer
Re: Forum Downtime, Part Deux

Terron said:
The webserver once again ran out of disk space during its backup procedure. All MySQL-driven errata were down from aprx 2:00am until 8:15am. IRC Services (nickserv/chanserv) were also down during the aforementioned time. Disk space has been revived and Ryan has been smote.

Have a delicious day.

That sounds pretty technical, but are you sure that it wasn't a case of someone you trusted to host your forum (like you might trust someone in game to host your vendor), didn't just steal all your forum content (like someone might steal all the money and items on your vendor), then not give an adequate explanation? Because I've heard that kind of situation can happen.

:p

Anyway, I was sleeping so didn't notice the outage, but thanks for fixing it so quick.

Terron said:

Have a delicious day.

isnt smote the past tense of smite?

Terron

Knight

Brenden said:
That sounds pretty technical, but are you sure that it wasn't a case of someone you trusted to host your forum (like you might trust someone in game to host your vendor), didn't just steal all your forum content (like someone might steal all the money and items on your vendor), then not give an adequate explanation?

Plausable, the forums have been comprimised*
* = lie

We host the forums, shards and everything they both need ourselves on collocated equipment that only and there is but only the number of people you could count on one hand that have any kind of root/admin access to do something ugly.

The only thing we don't host is Ventrilo; Ryan pays a (moderately priced) monthly fee so you nerds can talk to Irina, play your crappy music and have me create guild channels no one ever uses.

Sloth said:
isnt smote the past tense of smite?

Yes

Azhul

Wanderer

LAH said:
the Ryan logged with the town. a Dex walked until one town. some horse jailed before the town. a GM died among a inn. the Dex drove against the bucs. one Ryan walked on one inn. a girl drove into some brit. a Dex healed above the town. one fcm res'd past the bank. the fcm ran during some inn. some wade drove out the bucs. one jenova res'd beneath some town. some GM healed to some town. one boy ran above one bank. the fcm died beneath one bucs. the fcm walked like one inn. one GM jumped after a bucs. a jenova recalled inside some bank. a wade recalled behind some bucs. a Ryan cybered with one bank.
wait, what? LOL! Dunno what that was about but it made me think wtf

Brenden

Wanderer

Terron said:
Plausable, the forums have been comprimised*
* = lie

We host the forums, shards and everything they both need ourselves on collocated equipment that only and there is but only the number of people you could count on one hand that have any kind of root/admin access to do something ugly.

The only thing we don't host is Ventrilo; Ryan pays a (moderately priced) monthly fee so you nerds can talk to Irina, play your crappy music and have me create guild channels no one ever uses.

Well, that's a relief. Just as long as you don't share the root/admin password with a close friend that might use that information to drop the server over a minor debt.

LAH said:
the Ryan logged with the town. a Dex walked until one town. some horse jailed before the town. a GM died among a inn. the Dex drove against the bucs. one Ryan walked on one inn. a girl drove into some brit. a Dex healed above the town. one fcm res'd past the bank. the fcm ran during some inn. some wade drove out the bucs. one jenova res'd beneath some town. some GM healed to some town. one boy ran above one bank. the fcm died beneath one bucs. the fcm walked like one inn. one GM jumped after a bucs. a jenova recalled inside some bank. a wade recalled behind some bucs. a Ryan cybered with one bank.

i cant figure it out...

Brenden said:

That sounds pretty technical, but are you sure that it wasn't a case of someone you trusted to host your forum (like you might trust someone in game to host your vendor), didn't just steal all your forum content (like someone might steal all the money and items on your vendor), then not give an adequate explanation? Because I've heard that kind of situation can happen.

:p

Anyway, I was sleeping so didn't notice the outage, but thanks for fixing it so quick.

You wouldn't mean like a certain Yew Mall owner?