UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Fix economy please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold sinks until 80% of all the gold on shard is deleted.

Delete 90% of all regs, boards, ingots, ore, bottles, cotton, wool, cloth, bolts of cloth, spools of thread, bandages, yarn, bolas, etc, etc....

Delete 95% of all magic weapons....force, power, vanq.....

Delete 95% of all wands.

Let resources become valuable again.

Keep up with gold sinks so that the total gold supply never rises too much above a certain number.

obviously you would need to disable faction vendors as well as town vendors temperately for this to work.

Last edited:

Farrel

Sorceror
Can we get off the Gold sinks, delete all, wipes the shard will fix all things. If you want to get gold moving figure out ways to get people to spend it.
I have over 255 dark red(1172) sandals worth maybe 10k each you could delete 90% of this sandals and they still will be worth 10k each because nobody wants them no demands. If you want to reduce this items figure out how to increase the demands for them, increasing the demand for Tailor made Sandals will increase the demand for hides increasing hunting increasing PVPing.
Increase the demands for ingots will cause people to have to use up their supply's also give reason to go out and mined causing PVPing resulting in burning up regs, one of the way you could cause a higher demand for ingots would be to revamp the weapons system such as reducing the amount of drop weapons and increasing the made weapons damage tables make blacksmith skill hard to obtain increasing their weapons stuff.
I Would like to see more posts not only what to do but how too.
CREATE DEMANDS, create jobs

Sir Yoyo

Can we get off the Gold sinks, delete all, wipes the shard will fix all things. If you want to get gold moving figure out ways to get people to spend it.
I have over 255 dark red(1172) sandals worth maybe 10k each you could delete 90% of this sandals and they still will be worth 10k each because nobody wants them no demands. If you want to reduce this items figure out how to increase the demands for them, increasing the demand for Tailor made Sandals will increase the demand for hides increasing hunting increasing PVPing.
Increase the demands for ingots will cause people to have to use up their supply's also give reason to go out and mined causing PVPing resulting in burning up regs, one of the way you could cause a higher demand for ingots would be to revamp the weapons system such as reducing the amount of drop weapons and increasing the made weapons damage tables make blacksmith skill hard to obtain increasing their weapons stuff.
I Would like to see more posts not only what to do but how too.
CREATE DEMANDS, create jobs

Sir Yoyo
I second that. This is a very good idea

osgubro

Sorceror
Gold sinks until 80% of all the gold on shard is deleted.

Delete 90% of all regs, boards, ingots, ore, bottles, cotton, wool, spools of thread, and bolas.

Delete 95% of all magic weapons....force, power, vanq.....

Delete 95% of all wands.

Let resources become valuable again.

Keep up with gold sinks so that the total gold supply never rises too much above a certain number.

obviously you would need to disable faction vendors as well as town vendors temperately for this to work.

Straight up delete all of those items so everyone can farm them over again? That makes no sense and is a horrible suggestion.

Eh, fresh start isn't bad... Look at UOF how many players they had when they were a fresh shard... alot more than we have right now... Im not sure what it can hurt but if there WAS to be a wipe... Players should be able to select up to 5 items that they wish to keep, everything else gets wiped.

Also the option of keeping 1-2 characters per account would be great.

We could always try this for 48 hours and see how it goes? If not simple revert fixes everything... This is only suggestions if this ever happens.

osgubro

Sorceror
Eh, fresh start isn't bad... Look at UOF how many players they had when they were a fresh shard... alot more than we have right now... Im not sure what it can hurt but if there WAS to be a wipe... Players should be able to select up to 5 items that they wish to keep, everything else gets wiped.

Also the option of keeping 1-2 characters per account would be great.

We could always try this for 48 hours and see how it goes? If not simple revert fixes everything... This is only suggestions if this ever happens.

But what is the point? How does that change anything at all? Delete everything you have, begin farming up a bunch of junk and then we are back to the same spot. Deleting everything doesn't make uo more fun; if anything, that makes it less fun.

*Edit* - That depends on your idea of fun though so maybe it would be more fun for others.

Because, this server is RUINED with neon eye sores... No one from early days of UO wants to see that stupid shit on a UOR server... When everyone had the same clothes and didn't focus on being a trammy there were TONS of pvp instead of item hoarding. I'm sorry you weren't around in the days of hybrid when everyone complained everytime there was a neon handout....

Not to mention all the people that quit because they spent 100+mill on items and staff gave mass handouts of the same thing.

cazec274

Sorceror
I'll have to agree with Heavy on this one, you can add all these cool things you want, but if half the shard has 1,000,000,000 gold what makes you think they will go out and play the game to get it rather then just wait and buy it from someone. A fresh start has everyone actually playing the game again.

I'll have to agree with Heavy on this one, you can add all these cool things you want, but if half the shard has 1,000,000,000 gold what makes you think they will go out and play the game to get it rather then just wait and buy it from someone. A fresh start has everyone actually playing the game again.
True story... And when you have 1 billion gold there is no reason to do anything anymore.... I remember when pure white sandals were 8mill gold and hard to get... This was considered "Good times"... now theres so much gold with all the corruption that took place, it's just silly.

osgubro

Sorceror
Because, this server is RUINED with neon eye sores... No one from early days of UO wants to see that stupid shit on a UOR server... When everyone had the same clothes and didn't focus on being a trammy there were TONS of pvp instead of item hoarding. I'm sorry you weren't around in the days of hybrid when everyone complained everytime there was a neon handout....

Not to mention all the people that quit because they spent 100+mill on items and staff gave mass handouts of the same thing.

Since the beginning of UO, not just Hybrid, everyone has hoarded items. What is your point? How does neon clothing effect pvp? Some dude spent all his gold on a handout and it is worthless? Go figure.

None of what you said makes a good case to delete other people's items.

I bet most of those people you speak of would still sit at the bank. Everyone plays to have fun and has fun in their own way. Some like to sit at the bank, some hunt in dungeons, some PVP. Deleting everything doesn't really change any of those things.

Are you guys PVPERS or jealous trammy wannabes? Hard to tell because you guys are both so focused on neon items...

Wanna know the funny thing? How many times has the server IPY wiped? EVERY SINGLE TIME they come back they have a HUGE following of 1000 players instantly... They have RE-LAUNCHED like 4 times and always the same outcome.

Also I was down for a wipe when I had 1billion in items/gold... Whatever helps the server, items dont mean shit but they have made COUNTLESS people quit the server

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Maybe, just maybe if we had people focus on the right shit - we'd be better off.

If a neon item bothers you, you're wasting time in this game. When we fix some of the structural shit we will worry about neon items. The #1 thing we're fixing first is the DDoS bullshit, spreading the server out geographically, creating a bunch of easily expandable login addresses/servers so that we dont have to worry about the attacks etc...

Once we get this fixed, modernize some of the underpinnings we will focus on the window dressing... right now prettying shit up is just lipstick on a pig. We will get there quick so just bear with us.

-R

osgubro

Sorceror
Yeah, you are right; but maybe the high number was everyone macroing on multiple accounts.

Does it really help the shard to delete everything for the possibility that some people might join and hunt in the dungeons?

TheGooch

Sorceror

uof is practically hybrid pt2 without the pvp. neon shit all over there when the owner was like "nah, we won't ever do neon like hybrid".

Mr.Pwnage

Squire
You all are are worried about Items in the game!!!! WHAT ABOUT THE TAMERS!!!!!! WE'VE HAVEN'T HAVE NOTHING NEW IN FOREVER BESIDES THE HYBIRD DRAG. Yes we got a new pet to tamer but that's its. We don't have a mob where you need 8 or more tamers with you to kill. We need something that allows the tamer to have more Fun/Rewarding. Where we will take the risk to leave town to have the chance for a PVP dungeon crawler to find us. You guys lost so many tamers. Worried more About Trammy Items, PvP, and Resources then you are about Different Play Styles.
I understand there is mob of the month but anyone can do that with the new weapons they created that are newbied I'd Like to ask (Which is BS).

Last edited:

YewGuards

Sorceror
1) Read forums prior to posting.
2) This is why we need a suggestion forum instead of a thread, to help clean up the general board.
3) UOFart, what's that?
3) Ryan and Krrios literally just returned. Rome wasn't built in a day.
4) Stop requesting the shard to be wiped. That's like asking a popular restaurant chain to blow themselves up instead of renovating and re-branding.
5) You're all posting here because you care about Hybrid. This means we all want the same thing, but let's see what the staff can do now that we have their attention. In the meantime, there are some cool events on going down Thursday and next Saturday. Hope to see you all there! :)

Last edited:

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

This is a false narrative and I'm not sure where it came from.

Hybrid's entire economy is more than 15 and less than 30 billion gold.

If we wipe the inactive accounts, which we admittedly haven't done in a while it cuts the economy in half.

If you actually think about it, that's really not bad at all... the shard's been around for a long, long ass time. Hybrid Coins - coming soon will help with some of this also... but if people would stop speculating about the economy a lot of this stuff would fix itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.