UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

fishing question

Darkness

Wanderer
fishing question

I have gm fishing and have been trying to get mibs been fishing for three days with a boat in deep sea I fish for a few hours and have been doing this for three days without a single sea serp spawn I am woundering if i am doing something wrong and what are the spawn rates of sea serps cause nothing in three days is realy sad

vradooo

Squire
Re: fishing question

im terribly sorry to hijack your thread Darkness, but since i've got a fishing question and you're a GM fisher maybe you could enlighten me?

Firstly what's your temp? And Doc Martin too...

And what's your skill order? I've only leveled crafters/bard so far so the only skill I know is a bitch to raise is resist

with this potential temp below, what order would u suggest I do them? i've tried search function but haven't found anything concrete.. thanks in advance!

fishing
archery
tactics
anatomy (last?)
magery
resist
meditation (2nd last?)

Amazonia

Sorceror

Oh Wow, I was looking for fishing question, then i see this thread, what a coincidence. As for right now, I am fishing a treasure chest, ive 82.0 (We need 65 to fish treasure), and the only thing i fish are little fishes, I was wondering if it was normal.

vradooo;1662962 said:
im terribly sorry to hijack your thread Darkness, but since i've got a fishing question and you're a GM fisher maybe you could enlighten me?

Firstly what's your temp? And Doc Martin too...

And what's your skill order? I've only leveled crafters/bard so far so the only skill I know is a bitch to raise is resist

with this potential temp below, what order would u suggest I do them? i've tried search function but haven't found anything concrete.. thanks in advance!

fishing
archery
tactics
anatomy (last?)
magery
resist
meditation (2nd last?)

depends on what resources you have available. I would start on magery/resist (lock med), then archery/tactics (lock anatomy), the remaining skills cost nothing to gm.

my fisher is
gm fisher, gm poison, gm alchemy, gm med with magery, eval, and resist close to gm. I did this in the wrong order so i am paying for it now.

vradooo

Squire

so im assuming fishing isn't that hard to skillup then? prob make it the 5th.. followed by the 2 macroable ones..

with your template do u just poison the serps? or u just do MIBs

this is a new char...i have been trying to see what would be best, but after 2 days of fishing i still have not fished one up. I plan to use both poison and exp pots to kill them.

if fishing is the 1st skill you want to raise you can gm it overnight with a last object/last target macro. if you wait untill you are already at the 700 skill limit it will take several days with this method.

vradooo

Squire

ok i've got it.. i'm dropping resist.
prolly go with fishing-magery-archery-tactics-anat-medit-item id

Jam-hybrid

Knight

Doc Martin;1662995 said:
if fishing is the 1st skill you want to raise you can gm it overnight with a last object/last target macro. if you wait untill you are already at the 700 skill limit it will take several days with this method.

I gm'd fishing on land overnight and my character already was at 700.

Kupochama

Wanderer

My personal fisherman is as follows:

-Anatomy
-Archery
-Fishing
-Healing
-Musicianship
-Peacemaking
-Tactics

I originally planned to do magic+resist or some such, but I decided it would be nice to have a character without magery, and grabbed peacemaking instead. I never actually use magic on sea serpents anyway.

As for the original problem of not finding any serpents, I'll check this out within a day or two. Gotta get around to buying a boat.

nycer

Sorceror

Darkness;1662864 said:
I have gm fishing and have been trying to get mibs been fishing for three days with a boat in deep sea I fish for a few hours and have been doing this for three days without a single sea serp spawn I am woundering if i am doing something wrong and what are the spawn rates of sea serps cause nothing in three days is realy sad

I've fished for 2 hours w/o seeing a serp, I've fished for 30 minutes and seen 6 or 7.

Sound like bad luck. It took me about 20 hours of fishing (total since I had GM fisherman) but I finally got a colored net off of one. I've probably got 30 MIB's I need to open and plot after about that same time in fishing. Haven't had a chance to fish this week at all b/c of test.

CapLoD

Sorceror

fishing is simple. Macro up archery, anatomy, tactics then work fishing. Start with 50 magery to recall and work that later if you need to gate.

Archery slaughters serps.

Kupochama

Wanderer

vradooo;1663120 said:
macro archery? how'd u do that? park outside gy and macro shoot at skeles?

Personally I just shoot my other character about 5000 times while simultaneously healing him. It tends to kill him pretty often at higher levels if I don't watch it, though.

vradooo;1662997 said:
ok i've got it.. i'm dropping resist.
prolly go with fishing-magery-archery-tactics-anat-medit-item id

having 30 in item id is really all you need...you will fail alot but you will get success in about 7-10 tries. Then put 70 in resist.

vradooo

Squire

from what I understand resist isn't really helpful for a fisherman no? Since the only sea monsters that do magic damage is water ele... and another, kraken?

vradooo;1663214 said:
from what I understand resist isn't really helpful for a fisherman no? Since the only sea monsters that do magic damage is water ele... and another, kraken?

I was just letting you know that you could spend those points elsewhere if you wanted...Resist was on option

where are the freakin sea serpants??? i had 3 gm fishermen going over night and not 1 sea serpant to show for it.