UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Finished with Additional downtime 8-4

ASayre

Retired RunUO Developer
Finished with Additional downtime 8-4

Taken down for some hardware maint, everything saved. Will let you know as it progresses.

EDIT 10PM: The same HD that was replaced the other day, the replacement hard drive ALSO failed... Yes, we also found it difficult to believe, but it's not outside the realm of possibility. Soo... we're replacing it with a hard drive that was put through rigorous testing, as well as replacing the cable as it may be a bork'd cable.

I'm not going to give an ETA like last time. If I do and I'm a few hours off for being asleep, or whatever reason, people try to hang me by my toenails. Ouch.

Oh, and for the naysayers, I said it was RAID 5. I already said it, but I'll say it again. RAID 5. A raid 5 with four harddrives. Striping with parity for the other disks on each disk.

We'll keep you updated. As I know something, you'll know something.

EDIT 11:30: Reports from EV1 say 26% rebuilt
EDIT 11:47: 41%
EDIT 12:30: 52%
EDIT 1:20: 64%
EDIT 2:30: 80%
EDIT 3:10: 90%
EDIT 3:25: 94%
EDIT 3:33: 96%
EDIT 3:46: 99%

EDIT: It's 4AM. I'm tired, the server's up, etc etc. Now I sleep.

madcat22

Wanderer
Re: Additional downtime 8-4

I believe he already said no ETA... They always let us know when they know something so go eat a taco.

humbert

Wanderer

I was died in doom, and my loot is all in the soil…

You would have to inform before with some time…

zen_tooshi

Wanderer

They did inform with some time ^_~ Next time use the insurance.
Being in trammel ruleset is no excuse not to protect your items.

I do hope they get an ETA up soon >_< I'm going to cook a pizza and watch a movie. Hope it will be back up when I'm done ^_^

doommarine4

Wanderer

Man that sux.. :( I join up and server starts giving probs haha.. hope it fixes saves, and hope its cheap and quick :)

humbert

Wanderer

zen_tooshi said:
They did inform with some time ^_~ Next time use the insurance.
Being in trammel ruleset is no excuse not to protect your items.

I do hope they get an ETA up soon >_< I'm going to cook a pizza and watch a movie. Hope it will be back up when I'm done ^_^

My itens was insured...
My loot no...

Do you insure all loot of doom?

dead-eye

Knight

Bibil said:
My itens was insured...
My loot no...

Do you insure all loot of doom?

Well think of the brightside, atleast u got ur needed armor and such. the basics atleast. and hopefully when it ocmes back up ull be there to grab ur stuff.

Red Squirrel

Wanderer

Thanks for the advance warning, I was camping balroon spawn. Gave me a chance to stable my dragon so I have nothing to worry about now.

i had a few thousand ignots worth of ore sitting on the ground, i didnt have enough time to smelt it all LOL

Laeglis

Wanderer

Ducymickks said:
i had a few thousand ignots worth of ore sitting on the ground, i didnt have enough time to smelt it all LOL

I feel your pain :(

I hope, at least, that they werent Valorite like mine were :mad:

Lomgren

Wanderer

New player and forumgoer here, but I had a thought that might be worth saying.

If the same drive goes a third time, would it be possible that the controller for that drive slot has somehow gone bad?

Lomgren

clutch

Wanderer

its not impossible. happened to my old BP6 had to get a 3rd party controller.

Red Squirrel

Wanderer

If its same slot I would go more towards the backplane being bad, seen that happen before. can really suck since you end up replacing drives for nothing.

clutch

Wanderer

wow. i cant describe the disappointment i felt when i realized the shard was down. i was so ready to go ultimad for a few hours.

ASayre

Retired RunUO Developer

Lomgren said:
New player and forumgoer here, but I had a thought that might be worth saying.

If the same drive goes a third time, would it be possible that the controller for that drive slot has somehow gone bad?

Lomgren

It's possible, but in both our and EV1's experiences and opinions, a controller going bad won't do what it did, and it'd be even more unlikely it's the controller, but, we're still leaving it as a possibility.

Seiken

Wanderer

I have a question. If I'm online when server down, will I still stand there minutes and monsters can attack me when it's back?

In fact there are 3 titans stand by me and I'm a poor mage with my poor liama and poor daemon...there are another poor guys were trying to looting themselves.