UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Factions and leadership

Ice {RKn}

Wanderer
Factions and leadership

I happened to be in Luna bank last night doing some crafting and shopping when I witnessed a conversation between the commander of one of the factions and a member of the same faction.

I was horrified to see the faction commander, without having any idea who this person was or their level of experience, walk up and tell the other player that he was a newb, and to go and join one of the other factions instead of his.

When asked why he was considered a newb, the faction commanders response was that he'd looked at his paperdoll and his equipment was all newb.

The commander then proceeded to challenge the player to a duel to prove how much of a newb he really was, and when the duel was refused due to having other things to do, the commander said that proves my point and rode off.

Aside from the fact that the character in question had a robe on so the only equipment the commander could see was his gloves, helmet, gorget and boots, I know the suit is a medable LRC suit with over 100% and at least one artifact (I've seen the char in question before). Quite adequate for moving round in a non-pvp area and maybe doing a bit of pvm for loot, and it saves the set of pvp equipment being damaged.

Also, if the faction commander is that desperately in need of an ego boost, wouldn't he be better off going and slaughtering a few opposing faction members rather than duelling with a member of his own faction? Especially one that they obviously consider to be less skilled and more poorly equipped than they are themselves!

Whichever way it goes, and regardless of the character being a "newb" or not, shouldn't the faction commander be trying to HELP new or less skilled players? Perhaps offer to teach them some PvP skills and help them find some equipment?

What's happened to real leadership, where those in charge actually lead by example and assist those in their guild/faction who aren't as well off as they are rather than basically saying look at me, I'm better than the rest of you? Not everyone has the time to spend hours camping the doom gauntlet, doing champs or crafting to get the good equipment and bucketloads of gold.

Every player has to start somewhere, and we've all been newbs at some point. Most of us got past that with the assistance of other more experienced players.

Also, unless the faction is full, shouldn't the players have the option of joining any faction they want? Maybe they have friends in the faction already or, heaven forbid, they like the story of the particular faction and want to roleplay a little as well as fighting.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Audi-

Wanderer
stfu

your a stupid fag, i want TB to be under 5 members.. this cant be done with homos joining like that kid u r talking about.. he DOES suck and i want him out.. i want a faction leader boot command ;( asap

Pete

Wanderer
You want TB to be a guild. It is not. It's a faction, and it's just gonan continue to grow, stop being an ass.

Ice {RKn}

Wanderer
Audi- said:
your a stupid fag, i want TB to be under 5 members.. this cant be done with homos joining like that kid u r talking about.. he DOES suck and i want him out.. i want a faction leader boot command ;( asap

Thankyou for proving my point Audi-, and making so many more assumptions about me, and the player mentioned in the post.

Also, I may be wrong about this as I've never been involved in factions before, but isn't there a size limit on the factions so they stay similar sizes all the time?

So if you had only 5 people in TB, all the other factions would be limited in size as well?

As Jared stated, TB is a faction, not a guild. It will grow, and you shouldn't be allowed to limit it's growth or pick and choose who joins.

That's what guilds are for.

Ice {RKn}

Wanderer
Broadside said:
Join Council Of Mages I could use the help to get this faction up and running.

Thanks for the offer Broadside, I may just take you up on it once I get my PvP character set up.

I think the person mentioned in the post is pretty determined to stay in TB though.

Audi- said:

Great post, you seem to be a person with no real life at all.

This is sad.

WARNING.
Please boys and girls do not end up playing this game all your life, go to school and get an education! Make something of your self :) Then you can play as an adult and have some real fun!

Hardstyler85

Wanderer
Audi- You cant decide whether if they should join the faction or not
Just because you THINK you own everything, you acturley dont

psz

Administrator
Like it or not, Audi, you may be the Faction Leader, this does *NOT* mean you can dictate who and how many people choose to join the Faction. Anyone can join, anyone can leave. Do not harass players like this in the future. You're already on thin ice with most of the Demise staff, and a few of the RunUO Devs themselves. (I've already been asked to not report bugs you've found to the RunUO devs on several occasions, simply because your name was involved.)

Audi-

Wanderer
lol

lol harrassing? by calling someone a noob and to leave a faction.. the CL has like no power in factions, they need to be given more power... its an elected position, give them power in the faction to control the people who vote for the leader.

psz

Administrator
How about you earn respect and allow people to actually WANT to do what you ask? Ever thought about that?

Audi is nothin but a big know it all asshole.

He's a dick to everyone he meets, and hardly anyone likes him.

He'll always be like this because he has no life, no morals, and no respect for anyone.

He also talks so much shit its not even funny. I can't say that I'd be sad to see him go if the gm's ever banned him from the shard. Hell I might even throw a party.

tansor

Wanderer
I'm not in the faction stuff yet (unless it's for training), but cannot you just vote for an another commander, if you don't like the existing one? join with your all chars and vote :p

Pete

Wanderer
The Commander positions doesn't have very much actual power, but you basicly decide who does get all the power, so in essence, you really have a ton of power. It's not a position to be taken lightly as it has a lot more work then actual benefit.

Satch-hybrid

Wanderer
Faction commanders only real post is picking the sheriff and finance minister for controlled towns.... people have been asking that commanders be given the ability to boot members for a long time. There are a lot of great arguements for it, namely booting spies, and booting inactives when your faction is full. But there are also a lot of arguements against it, chiefly that the someone on a powertrip would boot everyone who's not his friend.

psz

Administrator
Audi will no longer be a problem for new players.

Please feel free to join TB, SL, CoM, or MX without worrying about him.