UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Faction

dismallife

Wanderer
Re: Faction

I have always had a char in TB and I will log on him when I see other factions.
Id love to see it happen but everyone is scared.

Blacula

Knight

dismallife;805000 said:
I have always had a char in TB and I will log on him when I see other factions.
Id love to see it happen but everyone is scared.
No joke, I guess my 2 yr. old warhorse will be in the stable another 2 yrs. :\

kolbycrouch

Knight

Im seriously thinking about factioning, but i want it to be a little more balance, sure i could join tb or sl (people still in sl? savage?) and rape all the other non-existent faction members until i get bored 5 minutes later and perma-log that char. So maybe CoM or Minax? if enough people want to do factions then lets shut the hell up and do it!

Im seriously thinking about factioning, but i want it to be a little more balance, sure i could join tb or sl (people still in sl? savage?) and rape all the other non-existent faction members until i get bored 5 minutes later and perma-log that char. So maybe CoM or Minax? if enough people want to do factions then lets shut the hell up and do it!
GO COM!

Infinium

Wanderer
Has staff ever mentioned faction artis? What is the current stance on implementation?

I, for one, think factions is one of the only good reasons to pvp in UO anymore. That, and champ spawns. Everything else is just masturbation.

Ekse Buddha

Sorceror
I haven't seen anything official on it, but i HIGHLY doubt it would ever be implemented here which is unfortunate, faction pvp is hands down the best pvp in UO.

Ekse Buddha

Sorceror
Honestly, faction arties crashes the market, the only reason OSI survived faction arties was that at the time it was implemented there were little to no "trammies" left on OSI servers so they were trying to appease the pvp community and it worked out for them. while faction arties would bring more players to the server on the pvp side, we would see a decline in players on the pvm side.

Infinium

Wanderer
Honestly, faction arties crashes the market, the only reason OSI survived faction arties was that at the time it was implemented there were little to no "trammies" left on OSI servers so they were trying to appease the pvp community and it worked out for them. while faction arties would bring more players to the server on the pvp side, we would see a decline in players on the pvm side.
I honestly do not see your logic.

Why would an increase in pvp cause a decline in pvm?

Ekse Buddha

Sorceror
Well there are some pvmers who spend the majority of their play time in the Gauntlet, faction arties makes those arties more or less worthless.

Lucifall

Knight
Faction artifacts are good, but there's no guarantee it will bring PvP. People will join with their PvMers, get the required silver and go back to Trammel with their newfound upgraded versions of tots and what not.

If people are afraid of dieing without losing anything but regs and pots, if that, what makes you believe they would go head-on into a PvP battle that could disable their characters for 30 minutes and make them lose their precious ranks?

Oh, not to mention the point farm.

Faction artifacts are good, but there's no guarantee it will bring PvP. People will join with their PvMers, get the required silver and go back to Trammel with their newfound upgraded versions of tots and what not.

If people are afraid of dieing without losing anything but regs and pots, if that, what makes you believe they would go head-on into a PvP battle that could disable their characters for 30 minutes and make them lose their precious ranks?

Oh, not to mention the point farm.

Anyone here who has NO IDEA about Faction artifacts, and hasn't played on a fairly decent sized playerbased shard with Faction Arties has NO IDEA WHATSOEVER about how badly it screws everything up.

You kids need to listen to Mr Brunus here.

Eske, you sound like a huge trammy.

Go check a couple of the shards with em. Come back and tell me that demise wont eat total shit over them. Ekse was right OSI only survived because PvM had dropped off to such a point, it was pretty much just shard transfering PvPers left.

Don't get me wrong, i want PvP to grow and evolve, but Faction Artys are not the way to go on Demise. I'd sooner have ALL the rest of Mondains implemented, and everyone here knows my standpoint on that bullshit expansion.