UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Faction Guard Idea

Reuip

Wanderer
Faction Guard Idea

As I've said on the faction forum, guards aren't a real big problem. Yes they are a perk of being an in town faction, but there isn't much we can do about that. However, my idea would be to place a limit on how many guards you can place within a time span. Someone had suggested a 10 min wait period between guards. Though that doesn't seem like it will help much, when a raiding party attacks and actually manages to overpower guards, it would keep them from just throwing a handfull more down. Afterall, lets face it, cities like Magnicia and Britain can afford to replace guard after guard for a while, with the 300% tax in both cities, they are probably racking in the silver. A time period like 10 minutes would allow a faction to rebuild its guard defense after raiding is over (10 minutes isnt too long in other words) while it will keep things fair for a group when they attack.

That's all I have for ya, anyone else with anything productive to say please throw in your suggestions, but posts of how they should be eliminated completely are too extreme and are just going to waste time.

Fatality

Sorceror
I'm so not for it, its not how it was done on OSI and its not going to be done on here..All that needs fixing is the guards holding their spells, thats all...otherwise their not powerful at all

In my opinion the 10 minute delay would end up just being annoying.. maybe something like 10 guards per day or something would be better..?

I don't play factions much any more, so I really don't have much of an opinion either way, but the 10 minute delay seems as thought it could rather easily screw things up.

Afro Man

Wanderer
Fatality said:
I'm so not for it, its not how it was done on OSI and its not going to be done on here..All that needs fixing is the guards holding their spells, thats all...otherwise their not powerful at all

they are 3x more powerful then they were on OSI, also this isn't an OSI shard so it doesn't need to be exact. Whatever is in the best interest of the shard is what should be done.

10 min timer actually would get tiresome now that i think about it...
i much rather prefer 10 a day at certain intervals or maybe 10 a day and +1 more each day that they are undisturbed, sort of like a punishment if you leave an outpost/town for too long, they will build up on you, lol

Raoilin

Wanderer
Fatality said;I'm so not for it, its not how it was done on OSI and its not going to be done on here..All that needs fixing is the guards holding their spells, thats all...otherwise their not powerful at all

OMG for thelast fucking time This is NOT OSI It is not even remotely LIKE OSI PERIOD NOT A DAMN THING!!!!! OSI had crafters runninga round at the blacksmiths shop OSI had tamers taming horses and selling thme for 450gp OSI had Warriors trying tos crap up money for their next weapon repair by hunting Earth Elementals. For the last fucking time this is NOT OSI we try to replicate it so much but with skill gain as it is it is nothing even remotel similiar to OSI.

Reuip

Wanderer
Okay, so we have two ideas out, time limit to placing singles, and an overall limit per day. It'd be nice to see some more input so that maybe we'll see some sort of a change.

sunfiregt

Wanderer
Well they made it where you cant peace them anymore, so they will be hard to kill now. So now guards will overpopulate everything

I think that what needs to be done is the change in turrets. I think it's pretty damn cheap to have turrets right outside bases, since it can't be done in every faction, but that's not the point. I think they need to set up some kind of thing so that you can't place more than X amount of guards within Y amount of tiles of another amount of guards. For instance, place a turret, can have a max of 4 guards per turret (within 2 tiles of each other) and then you have to be like 18 tiles away from these 4 in any direction to place 4 more. It would do enough so that a base couldn't be guarded by 2 guys who just sit back and watch the guards at work. This'll sound weird but guards ruined guarding. And I do, by the way, notice the flaw in the tiles system -- just place away, and herd them (dunno if you can herd npcs) into the pile of others, so restrict their wandering around range. Just my 2 cents. Flame away if you feel the need.

Vexorcism

Wanderer
Fatality said:

I really wish people would think... If guards weren't powerful then it wouldn't take organization and numbers to take them out.. Not to mention the impact they've had on factions already. If they were nearly as easy to kill as you say they are then players wouldn't have to resort to using blues to kill them, and a quarter of the shard's pvp playerbase wouldn't be leaving because of them. Listen... Learn to look at the facts and think about what your gunna type before you do it, cus anyone with half a brain would be able to tell that guards are a problem. The only reason you don't is cus your CoM and you don't have to face guards day by day. So until you grow some balls and test out a faction that doesn't have 100 active members and 10000000 silver to spend on a hundred guards, I suggest you keep your shotty opinions to yourself. Every post you put on this forums is up front and one sided. I've played with the guards and I've played without them, and I'm telling you now they need to be fixed in some way. I've sat by guards once to see what the fuss is about, its boring... And you don't see orange cus no one cares.. And the few that do come to PvP get ganked by 10 CoM that guard sit all day... Thats not factions, thats just pathetic... And when there is actually a non-CoM force built up to go into Brit and attempt to take out guards, CoM will sit back and say "TONS OF ORANGES OMFG OMFG" and let the guards do the work, and will loot. As of right now the steriotypes for CoM players is true, they lack pvp skills and resort to what they find are the safest and gimpyest methods possible to stay alive. What ever happened to PvP anyway? We have mares, dragons, wyrms and faction guards killing players that's all that is happening, and it gets old. Fatality.. dont bother trying to argue any sorry point in regards to my post because I'll tear you apart.

CoM has a stranglehold on all the cities right now... they have the active members that form gank squads, especially by the faction stones
if you join a faction thats not guard turreted then your ganked by the 7 person group wandering around, guards are just too strong, they might as well just have them be the town guards if they can cast all those spells and kill a big group.
they do need to be toned down, not a lot... but they do need it
at least put limits on the circles they can cast or give them reduced mana or maybe both