UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

End to the PS3 vs Wii Argument.

hickman48

Knight
Re: End to the PS3 vs Wii Argument.

Eskeshehir;322585 said:
The PS3 Is mostly games that have been ported to the other consoles, In fact besides Heavenly sword, ive yet to see any commercials for a PS3 only game in awhile. Its mostly running off the success of the ports.

i have yet to see someitng that nintendo made that is cheap i mean i still have my nes and it still works

they dont use cheap parts on there equipment (not saying that microsoft or sony use cheap parts but iv seen 3 360 fail and gamestop never has a working ps3)

and you cant call me a wii lover b/c i still have my 360 and would have a wii and a ps3 but i think it point less to have 3 systems

psz

Administrator

Virtual Boy

Cheap hardware, bad design, utter failure (not just in sales, but also in terms of failure rate)

Horus Sek

Wanderer

Oh yes!! the interwebz. that liquid stuff that runs in the tubes right? :p

I wish I had a wii... just for the party factor. :D

psz;322589 said:
Simple research using the interwebz to check.

psz

Administrator

People laughed when Peter Moore (or someone else at MS) claimed that the Wii60 Affect (owning a 360 + Wii) would be more "in force" than people just buying a PS3.

And the Interwebz *IS* a Series Of Tubes... So sayeth the man put "in charge" of Oversight Of The Internet, Ted Stevens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f99PcP0aFNE

I haven't ruled out buying a Wii just yet. Rockstar Table Tennis for 360 was really cool, but for Wii I can imagine it being a blast.

(If I *DO* buy a Wii, it'll be the first time since Dreamcast was $150 that I've bought a console... Oh wait! I *DIDN'T* buy that, my roomate did!)

*EDIT* My nephew reminded me that I *DID* buy a used Dreamcast from GameTrader for $50.

*EDIT 2*
For the people saying that the 360 is "just FPS'" here's the top ten list for last week (www.majornelson.com)
LIVE Activity for week of 10/29
Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (UU’s)
1 Halo 3
2 Gears of War
3 Guitar Hero III Demo
4 Guitar Hero III
5 Need for Speed ProStreet Demo
6 Madden NFL 08
7 Guitar Hero II
8 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
9 The Orange Box
10 Forza Motorsport 2

FPS' bolded. So, less than half (or only half if you don't count GH3Demo) of the top games are FPS'.

The previous roundup (nothing for 10/22):
LIVE Activity for week of 10/15
1 Halo 3
2 Gears of War
3 Madden NFL 08
4 Virtua Fighter 5 DEMO
5 Guitar Hero II
6 PGR 4 Demo
7 The Simpsons GameDemo
8 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
9 The Orange Box
10 FIFA 08

Again, less than half.

Finally, the one before that:
LIVE Activity for week of 10/8
1 Halo 3
2 Gears of War
3 The Simpsons GameDemo
4 Conan Demo
5 Madden NFL 08
6 Guitar Hero II
7 PGR 4 Demo
8 BLADESTORM DEMO
9 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
10 Forza Motorsport 2

3/10 that week.

(UU, btw, means "Unique Users". It doesn't count if Bob logs on to Halo 3 18 times in 1 day. If he logs on once on Monday only or 70 times in one week, he's only counted ONCE)

hickman48

Knight

idk i had one for a few years and i loved playing star fox and mario tennis and it was pretty cool for its time
psz;322704 said:
Virtual Boy

Cheap hardware, bad design, utter failure (not just in sales, but also in terms of failure rate)

pbguy434

Knight

Would ya kindly...

Don't watch the last minute of that review if you plan on beating BioShock. Not like anyone can't figure out how it ends after about twenty minutes of playing the game, though.

psz

Administrator

Which ending? (There ARE two, afterall ;->)

(And his Brooklyn Accent was, scarilly enough, more spot on than his Irish accent...)

(Er... Referring to the PolyStation review, of course)

psz

Administrator

PS3 has a lot of good games. The problem is that 80% of them are ALSO on the 360 or Wii (with generally better reviews and/or more features). Same games, more features, less costs.

This does not count 1st/2nd part games, of course (Obviously you'll not see Resistance: Fall Of Man on 360 any time soon :-P)

psz

Administrator

For 360 or PS3? (The version shown at E3 was XBox360, the one at the Berlin show was, I think PS3)

uome;322466 said:
I'm scared i might break the wii:eek:
Heh, it's actually more durable than the other two consoles, at least from what I've seen on the "Smash My Wii" video compared to, say, "Smash My PS3" or "Smash My Xbox." (360)

Hero-divinity;322578 said:
The wii has a lot of party games.
The 360 takes the cake when it comes to FPS.
The ps3 has overall good games in plentiful amounts.
Spoken like a "tru fanboi." I'm certain that (insert name of your favorite developer) is proud of you. :)
  • Yes, it appears that Wii Sports is God's greatest gift to inebriated party-goers. That doesn't mean the whole console is about that. Elsewise it wouldn't have massive sales for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and good reviews and sales for titles like Resident Evil 4 and the like. And they certainly wouldn't be exclusively getting Shiren the Wanderer 3, an RPG that's more complex than the *entire* Final Fantasy series combined. (think Diablo's length and randomness combined with the endless complexity of some Japanese RPGs)
  • Yes, Halo 3 may be a massive seller for the Xbox 360, and the Halo franchise may be Microsoft's only really successful series they've ever made for consoles. Then again, that doesn't seem to stop the fact that for over a whole YEAR, from spring 2006 to late 2007, the best-rated Xbox 360 game, and quite likely the best-selling one as well, has been The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which is an RPG. Or, similarly, the massive success of Forza Motorsport 2 or above all, the Guitar Hero games.
  • Good games? Plentiful amounts? Only if you count the PS2's library... Which, of course, is no longer supported on the PS3; even the $500US PS3 has very, very spotty backwards compatibility, and it's not present at all in the less-expensive one. Right now, it has... Liar? (er, Lair?) Resistance: Fall of Man? Oh, okay, there's a few games that've been ported over from the Xbox 360, around A YEAR later... Like Oblivion and Rainbow Six: Vegas. Not a very robust selection, in my opinion.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Based on this video alone, I would beat the wii with a club until it quit twirling around making itself look like a moron.