UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Earth was RAPED

Howl

Sorceror
Re: Earth was RAPED

Oaks;793873 said:
Not true. Posted a reply to this before in the climate gate thread. Nature itself still puts far, far more harmful gasses in the atmosphere then we as humans do. All part of the natural cycle.

I think you have been reading too many sociology books lately. Dutiful inhabitants..bit far fetched. Even if the planet becomes uninhabitable for us, doesn't mean the whole planet is doomed. It will sort out itself eventually and life in the form of bacteria/single cell organisms carries on anyway. We might need the planet for our survival, but unfortunately it is not the other way around.

Just because marx says this does not mean he's right. I can quote one of my mates too; "it's all bollocks!". Noone is right or wrong, but it helps to distance our own species in the bigger picture of the history of the planet.

first paragraph is pretty fucking arbitrary and damn-right incorrect. if i didn't have so much actual work to do at the moment i'd argue you down about that. i haven't studied env science for three years for nothing.

second paragraph starts off with an ad hominem argument, and then a misrepresentation of what i said. precisely because we need the planet for survival is the reason why we have a duty to it: because we have a duty to our descendants.

last sentence is a straw man argument

Phelon

Knight

woodycook;793869 said:
Imagine using those billions of dollars on healthcare, space exploration, research, feeding the hungry, or fixing that damn pothole my car fell into? :p
People that have paid taxes all their lives lost their homes during Katrina and still remain homeless while we instead use money destroying each other.

The only thing we are doing by creating these weapons is further hampering the progress of mankind. amiright?

You do realize that everyone is going to have their own idea of what exactly is the "progress of mankind". I wouldn't support your suggested alternative uses of those monies for example (with possibly the exception of the generic term "research").

Ethos/pathos mang.

woodycook

Knight

Phelon;793880 said:
I wouldn't support your suggested alternative uses of those monies for example (with possibly the exception of the generic term "research").

Ethos/pathos mang.

:confused::confused::confused:

You don't support feeding the hungry?

Phelon

Knight

woodycook;793955 said:
:confused::confused::confused:

You don't support feeding the hungry?

It depends on which hungry in my opinion. The hungry at home or the hungry abroad? I don't have a global view of the situation, we don't have the spare cash for that.

woodycook

Knight

Phelon;793961 said:
It depends on which hungry in my opinion. The hungry at home or the hungry abroad? I don't have a global view of the situation, we don't have the spare cash for that.

I wasn't talking about specifically the US's cash. Any country that has developed nuclear weapons.

Phelon

Knight

woodycook;793965 said:
I wasn't talking about specifically the US's cash. Any country that has developed nuclear weapons.

Why man? Doesn't that qualify as research? Maybe not a research you believe in but it certainly brought us MANY advances beyond the boom aspect.

I get it. You don't dig war and rightfully so but some wars need to be fought. The technology needs to be there in case we ever have to fight an extreme "bad guy"; see Adolf Hitler.

The Revolutionary War? Was that a failure of diplomacy?

is everything on demise this highly subjective and disorganized or am i having a moment of clarity

woodycook

Knight

Phelon;793969 said:
Why man? Doesn't that qualify as research? Maybe not a research you believe in but it certainly brought us MANY advances beyond the boom aspect.

I get it. You don't dig war and rightfully so but some wars need to be fought. The technology needs to be there in case we ever have to fight an extreme "bad guy"; see Adolf Hitler.

I admit that some wars are impossible to avoid such as WWII.

The problem with nuclear weapons is that there would almost always be civilian casualties. I guess I have strong feelings against innocents dying, as I rage at the thought of some foreign country firebombing my home because of my slightly autistic government that I necessarily don't have any say over.

Voting is not really an option (although I do, anyways) as America has proved the vast majority of it's citizens have become ignorant slobbering pigs. But I digress... ;)

Was the Revolutionary War a failure of diplomacy? It's all opinion I guess. We didn't have to have the war but we wouldn't have became a free country during that time. I mean, Europe isn't some tyrannical dictatorship today.

With America's out of control government we may have to make some hard decisions ourselves. :)

Phelon

Knight

woodycook;793991 said:
The problem with nuclear weapons is that there would almost always be civilian casualties. I guess I have strong feelings against innocents dying, as I rage at the thought of some foreign country firebombing my home because of my slightly autistic government that I necessarily don't have any say over.

Voting is not really an option (although I do, anyways) as America has proved the vast majority of it's citizens have become ignorant slobbering pigs.

With America's out of control government we may have to make some hard decisions ourselves. :)

No doubt there will always be massive civilian casualties every time a nuclear weapon is used in aggression. That is why I foolishly hope no one ever feels like they need to use one ever again.

Dude, it's a fucked up world and the older I get (34) the more I just try to dodge the bullets and retards instead of trying to change it. Accepting that I can't do anything about it was tough at first but you grow numb to it over time.

Howl

Sorceror

Phelon;793969 said:

Who the fuck is the bad guy when the US government has overthrown over 50 other states in its short history? When it capitalises on the deaths of innocents to go into a country for oil? When it gives billions of dirty dollars every year to the racist experiment formerly known as Israel just to secure its interests in the Middle East?

There are no threats from other states now. The only threat is the vastly exaggerated threat of terrorism, and nuclear weapons are redundant in the face of that.

Howl

Sorceror

Phelon;794237 said:
No doubt there will always be massive civilian casualties every time a nuclear weapon is used in aggression. That is why I foolishly hope no one ever feels like they need to use one ever again.

Dude, it's a fucked up world and the older I get (34) the more I just try to dodge the bullets and retards instead of trying to change it. Accepting that I can't do anything about it was tough at first but you grow numb to it over time.

Anyone who says voting is all you can do is very, very wrong.

Phelon

Knight

Howl;794567 said:
Who the fuck is the bad guy when the US government has overthrown over 50 other states in its short history? When it capitalises on the deaths of innocents to go into a country for oil? When it gives billions of dirty dollars every year to the racist experiment formerly known as Israel just to secure its interests in the Middle East?

There are no threats from other states now. The only threat is the vastly exaggerated threat of terrorism, and nuclear weapons are redundant in the face of that.

Yep, that's how we roll.

I can't really argue with you there Howl. All I was saying is that the last time there was a global threat "bad guy", it's a good thing that we had the technology to fight them. Is the US the bad guy now? Maybe so. I can certainly see why many countries would think so.

But until they have a bigger stick, they better shut the fuck up or like you said, my ridiculous government will find a reason to shoot holes in them.

Phelon;794571 said:
But until they have a bigger stick, they better shut the fuck up or like you said, my ridiculous government will find a reason to shoot holes in them.

New facebook headline.
Win.

lukin69

Knight

Howl;793876 said:
first paragraph is pretty fucking arbitrary and damn-right incorrect. if i didn't have so much actual work to do at the moment i'd argue you down about that. i haven't studied env science for three years for nothing.

second paragraph starts off with an ad hominem argument, and then a misrepresentation of what i said. precisely because we need the planet for survival is the reason why we have a duty to it: because we have a duty to our descendants.

last sentence is a straw man argument

nevermind, not worth arguing with.

I WILL say, that I find your comments about Israel VERY offensive and racist. How dare you. No really, how dare you. As a man with Jewish lineage, this type of comment....wow.