UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Downtime 11-1-07

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Downtime 11-1-07

Today we experienced a service outage. The cause of the outage was a full hard disk on one of our database servers. This outage has been rectified and plans are being put in place to ensure this does not cause downtime in the future. We appologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

Thanks,
Ryan

GimpCent

Knight
Re: Downtime 11-1-07

Woot! Thank you Ryan

Bad thing is I thought it was my client so I deleted it *waits as it redownloads*

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

Carpathius;1578564 said:
partition..

Code:
/var/
/tmp/
/root/
/home/
/
swap

You really must take me for an idiot.

I'm well aware of partitioning.

MarcusO

Sorceror

Ryan;1578543 said:
Today we experienced a service outage. The cause of the outage was a full hard disk on one of our database servers. This outage has been rectified and plans are being put in place to ensure this does not cause downtime in the future. We appologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

Thanks,
Ryan

Good job getting it fixed so fast. The forums are loading way faster now.

I remember on old VAX systems you could get the OS to send you messages when disks reached X % remaining. I wonder if Linux does this?

outspoken

Wanderer

MarcusO;1578577 said:
Good job getting it fixed so fast. The forums are loading way faster now.

I remember on old VAX systems you could get the OS to send you messages when disks reached X % remaining. I wonder if Linux does this?

yes, you can put scripts in place to monitor such things. there are even monitoring systems like nagios and big brother, but a small little script will do just the same running in cron to send an email after checking a df.

no offense ryan, was just having a laugh. ;)

good job on getting it back up quickly though.

Mashenka

Wanderer

Carpathius;1578578 said:
yes, you can put scripts in place to monitor such things. there are even monitoring systems like nagios and big brother, but a small little script will do just the same running in cron to send an email after checking a df.

no offense ryan, was just having a laugh. ;)

good job on getting it back up quickly though.

go run a server then

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

I gotten the 18 alerts over the past week I've just been kinda busy

ploki

Knight

Busy?! What's gonna happen after you exchange vows?.. you isnt gonna have any time to come out and play wiff us anymore :(

[e cry

.. i'm at work atm so good missed out on the server problems.. shame.. good to know it'll be up when i get home

Lynyrd

Knight

dude bro on my compuetr i ahve it so that my hd is like partitiond like one hd is realy 2 hd its cool and works good y dont u do that for the seriver?

pixelfish

Sorceror

Lynyrd;1579311 said:
dude bro on my compuetr i ahve it so that my hd is like partitiond like one hd is realy 2 hd its cool and works good y dont u do that for the seriver?

Seriously that just hurt my brain to read. You guys do a great job running the server. It's not easy keeping this well of uptime with this many continuous clients hitting it.