UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Do Away With Guard Turrets!! OMG

sunfiregt

Wanderer
Do Away With Guard Turrets!! OMG

Get rid of these things. Maybe CoM will actually have to run TOWARD the person attacking them. Oh yea just a little beauty story. Running by your guard turret and STILL able to be killed makes you a little child. You 3 know who im talking about.

C

Cricket

Killing CoM at the Brit guard turret is actually hillarious.

Just goes to show how skilless the faction truly is.

~C

sunfiregt

Wanderer
The Senario for me always goes like this:
I recall somewhere and i automatically see a oj. Well im not a good pvper, and I know that all i have going for me is an ostard, t3 connection, and gm posion and hiding. Well i start running and of course the CoMunist comes after me with a nice paralize in queue. Well he hits me and it reflects on him, then he casts a small spell like fireball or posion or something to wear off my reflect. So i cast posion on him and i get posioned. Now i dont know how to use macros well so i manually cast on myself, while running for my life. I hide. While he casts reveal i greater heal and I soon lose interest so i go ahead and attack. First i use posion and it greaters him and he runs. The end.
EDIT: I forgot to mention four of CoMunists come back looking for one person and i recall away. Done and over.

Vexorcism

Wanderer
You can't judge a faction based upon the tactics used by the majority of that faction's players... Thats called a steriotype... Guard turrets arent a problem either... Myself and three friends of mine took out Minoc and Skara turrets today [ 4 players ] and both turrets were packed with 10 - 15 guards each. It can be done, but retards with zero organizational skills can't do it. Btw... If there is anything that should be fixed, its the blues being able to cast benefitial spells on faction guards.

M

Mark

Evolution said:
You can't judge a faction based upon the tactics used by the majority of that faction's players... Thats called a steriotype... Guard turrets arent a problem either... Myself and three friends of mine took out Minoc and Skara turrets today [ 4 players ] and both turrets were packed with 10 - 15 guards each. It can be done, but retards with zero organizational skills can't do it. Btw... If there is anything that should be fixed, its the blues being able to cast benefitial spells on faction guards.

Agreed. However, if blues are prevented from performing beneficial acts on them, they should also be prevented from harming them. When it comes down to it, guards are not that big of a deal. Its no different from reds fighting blues on the guard lines; if you cannot handle it, stay away from them.

Vexorcism

Wanderer
Mark said:
Agreed. However, if blues are prevented from performing beneficial acts on them, they should also be prevented from harming them. When it comes down to it, guards are not that big of a deal. Its no different from reds fighting blues on the guard lines; if you cannot handle it, stay away from them.

Well the way I see it...
Blues are capable of harming faction players [in town they get guard whacked]
Blues are prevented from healing faction players.

Blues are capable of harming faction guards [in town they get guard whacked]
Blues are capable of healing faction guards.

When it comes down to it I believe that guards [as much of a pain in the ass as they are] are a part of factions, and being that they are in a faction they should still be subject to the same notoriety/invulnerablity laws as a typical player would be. Especially since most guards are twice the average player.

The way it is set as it is, blues could potentially guard a faction base by simply macroing detect hidden, and healing the guards in need.
The solution to this would be to follow through with the faction benefitial/harmful spell laws and prevent blues from being involved with faction affairs.

Yes... Blues can kill faction guards.
But blues could potentially kill any player in town as well through the same method.

It doesnt balance out to me, but I guess thats just me.

M

Mark

I understand the logic you are following, and you make several good points, including mine:
The solution to this would be to follow through with the faction benefitial/harmful spell laws and prevent blues from being involved with faction affairs.

Blues guard dumping is pretty high in the interference scale to me. The only reason blues can harm faction players is because a faction player won't always be involved in faction affairs. Faction guards however, are a pretty static element, and are incapable of looting or attacking a blue.

Vexorcism

Wanderer
I agree, blues shouldnt be able to dump on faction guards, or faction guards should give counts.. But that doesn't change my opinion that blues shouldn't be able to heal the guards either... Blues killing blue NPCs in town has always made sense to me if they get whacked... Blues killing faction guards seems OK to me, but thinking about it with the faction sides of things it doesn't seem right, but it only doesn't seem right if the guards can't be healed either... which is how it should be. So in other words [ which may make more sense ] I believe you're right, but I'd rather take Blues cant heal/attack than to have Blues can attack/ Blues can heal, since its more logical to me. Maybe someone should setup a vote for this?

Betty-hybrid

Wanderer
Ok, So if you get rid of the whole blues killing guards thing, What is going to stop you guys placing 50 + guards on one tile? Is there a limit per town?

sunfiregt

Wanderer
Oh i know guard turrets are killable.. Im just saying they are a safe guard and crutch, where minax cannot have them to guard thier base. Yea this is a wine, but its ever so true. CoMunist can have 24/7 guard turrets and blue detectors. As for minax PKs can interfere. But in retrospect you could say that reds could help Minax wihtout actually joining, which is true.
Anyways it doesnt matter what people say - CoM base is guarded from pks, blue theives and oranges 24/7, and minax base is not. Why dont you give guards stamina so they can push through the vendors, then they would not be any problem. :) And as for those who thinks that the guard turrets are a fair part of faction playing - well i can not influence your mind because your dyed in the wool.
Side note: those of you who, when attacked run into your turrets and get your friends, take a look at yourselves and realize how much you suck.

Vexorcism

Wanderer
sunfiregt said:
And as for those who thinks that the guard turrets are a fair part of faction playing - well i can not influence your mind because your dyed in the wool.
Side note: those of you who, when attacked run into your turrets and get your friends, take a look at yourselves and realize how much you suck.

Amen...

Vexorcism

Wanderer
Betty said:
Ok, So if you get rid of the whole blues killing guards thing, What is going to stop you guys placing 50 + guards on one tile? Is there a limit per town?

I believe there is a limit of 10 guards of each type ? Its 20 or 10... But yes there is a limit, like OSI. But remember that the level one and two guards are melee only so they do no help if they are stuck between a bunch of vendors where they are incapable of dealing out damage.
But even now the most guards ive seen in a turret has been 15 or so..
If you get the latest krrios client version it has a command to bring up guard healthbars... that makes it even easier to kill the pains in the asses.

As a side note I'd like to say that I dont approve that the level three minax guards are melee and cannot cast, while the CoM level threes [sorcs] can. Turrets are the only things keeping guards alive... and you cant place melee guards in such turrets for obvious reasons... Tell me how that is fair.

JasonU

Wanderer
While the guard turrets might be lame. It provides a neccesary motive for overthrowing that faction.

Guards are funded by Silver.
1. Get more organized so you don't die as much to opposing factions members - giving them silver to donate

2. Do not buy items from faction controled towns

3. Organize guard removal groups. The more you take them down, the more silver they have to spend on putting more up.

sunfiregt

Wanderer
GrayCloud said:
do purple pots work against faction guards? if so, just throw a whole bunch and kill them all at once.
Yea they work, but you cannot just stay there to look at them, even if you have your macros throwing mass. You will die in 2 seconds. Which is why you need about 3 people to take hits. Now once you have got it cleared to 3 or 4 then its okay. I find it easy to posion them and then mass explo pot them. When theres only 3/4 you can be seen by them without dying.

GrayCloud

Wanderer
i see. it still comes down to organized attacks then. i might join factions one day, but i have no pvp experience. i see those guard turrets in various cities and i say to myself "how gay is that".

i like watching faction wars though. very interesting.

JasonU

Wanderer
Yea, the upside of cheap tactics is it promotes organization. Granted, with the abundance of funds to place all these guards, its something that needs to get looked at. But its allways better to come up with a solution before complaining about it. If there is no feasable solution after many different attempts to neutralize the situation, then posting about it and asking for it to be adjusted is justified.

Its a two way street. If opposing factions can get organized and take the towns, I'm sure COM will enjoy a little taste of thier own medicine by some well placed turrents in Mag. :)

Vexorcism

Wanderer
Get a group of GM Alchs to stack on one tile... [ Get around 10 people ]. Make sure you stack on the line before you can be casted on, then toss the pots the tile before the guard's stacked tile... This way you can toss pots, the guards get hit with the explode dmg (which spreads to every guard in the turret) and take it from there... Sure it would be tedious, and you would waste a lot of explode pots trying to do it, but if you got enough GM alchs and enough pots it could work... Especially since the guards cant resist explode pots like they can resist spells... Just food for thought =]