UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

DirectX - Sallos

Paracelsus

Sorceror
Is direct3D a must for Sallo to run without crash?

I am trying to run UO on VMware client. Razor is working now. Now, setting up Sallos and has encountered some technical problems.

kookiemonsta

Sorceror
Pretty sure it's required. If you're getting an error message do you mind posting it? Maybe people can be more of a help with that.

Paracelsus

Sorceror
The error when I start up sallos is:
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Sallos.Segments' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Sallos.Segment' threw an exception. ---> Error in the application.
-2146232832 (Unknown)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device..ctor(Int32 adapter, DeviceType deviceType, Control renderWindow, CreateFlags behaviorFlags, PresentParameters presentationParameters)
at Sallos.Painter..ctor(Control control, Boolean fullScreen)
at Sallos.Core.get_Painter()
at Sallos.SurfaceCache..ctor(String archive)
at Sallos.SurfaceCache.Aquire(String archive)
at Sallos.Segment..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Sallos.Segment..ctor()
at Sallos.Segments..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Sallos.Segments.get_Desktop()
at Sallos.Core.Main(String[] args)

On my VM client message log, I have the following messages:
"Hardware graphics acceleration is not available."
"No 3D support is available from the host"

Paracelsus

Sorceror
yes, I think it is directX related. I run "dxdiag" and it shows me my version is 9.0c. On the file tab, the file system.dll is missing. On the display tab, DirectDraw Acceleration is enabled. Meanwhile, Direct3D Acceleration is "Not Available" with the "Disable" button dimmed.

Paracelsus

Sorceror
Thank you. I guess that the problem stems from the display driver on the vmware client. Probably the vmware host system problem. Yes, I really need some luck to solve it. :p