UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Demise QnA (May 6, 2009)

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Demise QnA (May 6, 2009)

Do you use any 3rd party programs for reference (i.e. InsideUO) or to aid you in staffing (i.e. Pandora's Box 3), or do you use only UO & Razor?
I will admit that when I first started out assisting as a GM and was doing practice building on Demise I had downloaded Pandora’s box per suggestion of Ancient Seer Mia. However, after a nice conversation with Asayre *coughs* I stopped using Pandora and began using InsideUO and client commands. Pandora’s is still very useful for categorizing the items and seeing exactly how they sit on the tile, but it is never used on Demise to create statics because of the number of modifiers being set is completely unnecessary.

The only time I really use Razor to help me staff is when setting up scavenger hunts. Macro’ing the addition of the statues is a lot better than typing out the command at every drop point. 4 hours using razor vs 3 days hand typing – you tell me ;)

QUESTION #2
What is your most favourite tameable pet in-game?
Athena: Pure Nightmares, they look cool.
Caine: Pre-patch bake kitsune
Crimson: I like taming things like cows and naming them E, I, E, I and O.
Cronus: I have to say pre-patch kitsunes. Those things were slick.
Nestor: Hiryu for me.
psz: Para Baracoon… OH! You mean that PLAYERS can tame...
Serenity: WABBITS!!! (and panthers)
Zatoichi: Giant Ice Worm

QUESTION #3
Considering a question last week was answered regarding the oldest player account, what is currently the oldest house plot still standing?
This was a pretty challenging question; however, psz thinks he may have found the house! He explained the logic of how he came to find it, but eh – I don’t remember. The house is called “Cabot’s Out of Da Way Necro Party Palace,” is located in one of the Malas secret spots, owned by Cabot Drakonis, and was built on 10/17/2004. (see attached image)

QUESTION #4
My question is what is the most common reason for terminating someone's account besides more_than_4_acc?
Caine stepped up to the plate for this one. He believes that shard spamming/advertising and use of cheats/exploits/hacks are the most common reasons for account termination.

QUESTION #5
How many accounts are terminated monthly?
Again, Caine answered this one for you all. He states that the number of accounts terminated monthly “varies greatly, sometimes people can have 20 accounts. The better question is how many people per month are banned. As hard as it may be for some people to believe, there are only maybe 2-3 people per month banned and that’s a high number. Contrary to popular belief we do not just ban people willy nilly. Every case is dealt with on a case by case basis and there must be absolute proof for a ban to be made permanent.”

-------
If you want to ask a question to the Demise Staff (less anything about ML), send your question to me via email: uoladycrimson (at) yahoo (dot) com. I will not include questions that sent to me via PM or page in game.

Attachments

• house.jpg
    house.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 350
Re: Demise QnA (May 6, 2009)

Do you get a lot of questions? I sent one in at least 3-4 weeks ago, and was hoping it would be on this edition :(

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

We don't get a TON of questions but I can only publish those that actually get an answer. Sometimes getting the answer takes longer than others. I believe I have 3 questions without answers in queue right now.

Oaks

Knight

Impressive, I always thought you just used a single command which would randomly add the scavenger statues to a facet. Doing them one by one is madness.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

It is something that I'd personally like to get automated and I believe Asayre has been working on region stuff that would allow us to do that as a biproduct of his work.... so, I'll keep my fingers crossed, but until then, I'll just keep my razor macro :)

uome

Bug Hunter

I think the owner of that oldest house also has a house just east of Makoto/zento gate too.
I'm very impresed that the scavengers are done manually!

I thought my place might be the oldest still standing, but I see someone has me beat by a little over 2 weeks still ;)