UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Demise Items for irl cash *question*

Chaos_Lord

Sorceror
After coming back from a short hiatus (well just checking in really) I see a bunch of posts in the Hybrid forums about selling RunUO in-game items for IRL cash.

I have not seen this in the Demise forums. Is it only legal for Hybrid?

Thanks!

hickman48

Knight
After coming back from a short hiatus (well just checking in really) I see a bunch of posts in the Hybrid forums about selling RunUO in-game items for IRL cash.

I have not seen this in the Demise forums. Is it only legal for Hybrid?

Thanks!

Its been don't ask don't tell for years on demise sadly so many people have done it while its been posted as a rule and staff have let it slide.

marcusstone

Sorceror
This is interesting, but I can see it leading to a lot of different issues. (Gold farmers, scamming, etc)
At the same time, this is the rule I disagree with the most even though I've never personally disobeyed it.(No selling goods for real money) I like the idea of an auction house type set up, so the shard gets a cut. (Server costs are high) I could see this messing with the game a bit too (IE: Needed items would not be available for in game currency, because everyone would be trying to sell them for real life currency)

Virtues

Page
if the $ to gold ratio stayed the same, like with donation items. the big ticket items would be worth alot lol

Geaux

Sorceror
Wow this would crash the prices on items if you could also buy gold on website. A million people selling orny for 5$

Uomvp

Knight
Hybrid is a desperate pathetic little shard that has to do it, we do not.

There is a huge difference in players and staff here. We have mostly nice people n great staff that dont get fired every other day for corruption.

Demise is a shard people come back to. In a month or so when I have a little more free time I'm hoping to get back on and enjoy the action!

Last edited:

Buiu

Knight
Hybrid is a desperate pathetic little shard that has to do it, we do not.

There is a huge difference in players and staff here. We have mostly nice people n great staff that dont get fired every other day for corruption.

Demise is a shard people come back to. In a month or so when I have a little more free time I'm hoping to get back on and enjoy the action!

sarcasm?

Diz

Wanderer
There's enough pay to play modern games out there already. One of the reasons I came back to play UO was no frills, no business bullshit. This server appealed to me in this regard (I checked the site store before ever logging in).

I don't mind donating $3 or $5 bucks every other month for a PBD to flip, it actually does help server and doesn't feel like I'm actually spending anything more than burrito money... but if it came down to "$100 for Totem" spams on Selling subforum, I'd be out the door in the blink of an eye.

Uomvp

Knight
No that isnt me being sarcastic. If demise looked like hyrbid I would never come back but im hopeful I will return soon.

Couldnt have said it better diz

LONG LIVE DEMISE!!!

i think the issues it would create would hurt the server more than help it.
Understatement of the year...

This would destroy the community Demise has struggled so hard, for so long, to build and maintain (and Demise has a *great* community - however much we all love a bit of drama now and then ;)). Tbh, I'm really wondering how Ryan ever reached the conclusion that this could possibly be a good idea on any volunteer-run free shard anywhere. I even went back to check it wasn't posted on April 1st.

FE

PS Selling account: sb $15,000

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008

This would destroy the community Demise has struggled so hard, for so long, to build and maintain (and Demise has a *great* community - however much we all love a bit of drama now and then ;)). Tbh, I'm really wondering how Ryan ever reached the conclusion that this could possibly be a good idea on any volunteer-run free shard anywhere. I even went back to check it wasn't posted on April 1st.

FE

PS Selling account: sb $15,000

sb

sk8nomad

Sorceror

Tbh, I'm really wondering how Ryan ever reached the conclusion that this could possibly be a good idea on any volunteer-run free shard anywhere. .
I think his thought process was similar to his when he allowed AUO; originally a cheat program: Why enforce rules that cannot be enforced? Atleast this way all benefit from it, and not just a select few that choose to break the rules.