UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Demented Jesters Suggested Changes (Revised Poll)

Which changes would you like to see made? (can vote for multiple ones)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
Demented Jesters Suggested Changes (Revised Poll)

The subject of the post is the following changes. You can vote for multiple numbers.

#1. Complete wipe of factions. Much like the one done a couple of years ago.

#2. On the reimplimentation of factions, completely revert factions to the old rule set. Including the removal of the Hero/Evil system. On top of this impliment a system where you get kicked for being red and are unable to rejoin with any char on that account for a week (hopefully inducing some faction loyalty).

#3 Statloss as it is on divinity, along with a bounty system. This will result in higher quality pks and perhaps some alliances between the PK guilds. Add in the ability to go blue via joining factions (as many times as you want), this isn't that harsh of a punishment.

#4 In support of statloss and "if you go red and are in a faction, you get faction kicked" change AOE spells to not hit blues. Still guildmates, but not blues (unless the caster is red). This will stop blues griefing pvp by nut-hugging alchemists. It'll also make it much easier to deal with house hiders, when they're no longer able to log on blues to prevent their houses being AOE'd.

These first for ideas effect some of the major problems the server has. The fifth effects a problem that i've had with the server for a very long time... Dueling.

#5 Complete revamp of the dueling system. Remove all dueling safe zones and completely wipe the current dueling records. Instead of safe zones, have duelists pick their location, any they want and allow them to chose the size of the area they use (ranging from a 4 tile radius to a 12 tile radius) to allow some varied terrains and bring terrains into the equation. However, leaving this set area (by more than 5 tiles or for more than 5 seconds - a warning should accompany this) would result in a disqualification. Along with this removal of safe zones, people will obviously try to gimp duels. Rather than making the duel area completely combat free (making the changes pointless) make it so that if a duelist is attacked by an outsider in the midde of a duel, the duel ends and both competetors are restored to full stats. Duelists should also be unable to attack anyone else while they are dueling. Oncce a duelist is defeated, they should be automatically ressurected and restored to full health etc, as the current system is.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
Re: Demented Jesters Suggested Changes (Revised Poll)

Also, if a forum mod could edit in "I dont agree with any of the changes" that would be nice, if not, Just post why you didnt vote.

Addicted

Disciple

Pepsi_Rox said:
Also, if a forum mod could edit in "I dont agree with any of the changes" that would be nice, if not, Just post why you didnt vote.

k

Mazer

UOGamers: Divinity Forum Moderator

Voted yes for 1, 2, and 4.

Divinity statloss did not workout but I suppose it could be given a chance here since the shards are entirely different. The dueling pits should stay, but I'd make them guarded, not no-combat. Bring back del pond as well. Otherwise I'd leave the dueling system as it is.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight

I also voted 1, 2, and 4, although i would like duel pits to be safe zones and bring back del pond

salty

Wanderer

I say we WIPE everything about factions. This would bring me back and change the rate of decay on points. I lost 6 points in one day onetime. Lets change it up, allow only one faction per IP, unlimited accounts in, but you can only have the chars in the same faction.

Betty-hybrid

Wanderer

The problem I have with the whole kick from factions for being red is that my main character has just over 140 points that would be lost due to this yet it is also on the top 20 murdereres boards.

In what way is this fair to people who are on both at a considerable amount?

Steve Zissou

Sorceror

Betty-hybrid said:
The problem I have with the whole kick from factions for being red is that my main character has just over 140 points that would be lost due to this yet it is also on the top 20 murdereres boards.

In what way is this fair to people who are on both at a considerable amount?
if the changes go through your points will be wiped anyway. just join a Blue char to factions

Betty-hybrid

Wanderer

Steve Zissou said:
if the changes go through your points will be wiped anyway. just join a Blue char to factions

I just don't see the point of this anyway. All these changes are going to do is make people who PK be forced into factions or O/C instead of doing what they have done successfully for the past 4 years.

Anyone who says "But they can still pk but with statloss" is a moron because everyone knows that nobody will take the risk of losing very hard to gain skill points for a few kills only to be ganked by the A typical guard hugging blues at the GY or Delucia.

Megumi

Wanderer

Betty-hybrid said:
I just don't see the point of this anyway. All these changes are going to do is make people who PK be forced into factions or O/C instead of doing what they have done successfully for the past 4 years.

Anyone who says "But they can still pk but with statloss" is a moron because everyone knows that nobody will take the risk of losing very hard to gain skill points for a few kills only to be ganked by the A typical guard hugging blues at the GY or Delucia.

then don't fight blues in these locations?

My suggestion being unable to be both red and factions, is down to the lack of faction loyalty... Besides, with statloss, would anybody actually faction on a pk?

Megumi

Wanderer

Btw, Pepsi, way to fuck the poll up.

I suppose it should have been 6 ideas rather than 5 due to the red kicked from factions thing.

Regardless, you missed the changes to the area of effect stuff.

;\

Status
Not open for further replies.