UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Deleting threads

GimpCent

Knight

Subject: Deleting threads that break no rules

Twist posted a thread about the price of donation gold getting 75% off after a "gold sink" was just done to remove said money. His post was a lot more thought out and correct in mindset than a lot of stuff that is allowed to remain.

Silence on this issue for week may make the issue go away as you are removing the gold from the donation store in the end. but removing his post when he was going raising a legit question seems odd.

Those who fear words are often wrong, history shows us. The same as I wish someone would stand up for my right talk. I ashamed that Twist's post was deleted by the same shard that introduced me to Ron Paul.

Please return his posts and respect. If you have a problem with it, post, speak, tell him how wrong he is and how dumb we are. I didn't stake a side in the issue, to me I don't really care about it. That isn't the point just so we are clear. He has a legit issue and he isn't trolling.

Ryan, video ↓
http://youtu.be/3HWIuOJOQMk?t=2m49s

You didn't just trammel his thread, you deleted it. You removed it from sight all together and this is wrong. You didn't delete it because he was wrong. Don't worry its human nature to get covetous, anyone would do it time to time.

But in respect your newfound graces all the same they should include his post and his opinion. Aa honest mans opinions shouldn't be removed, without reason.

I just wish in all this change, freedom of speech would of came the moment you started allowing player names to be called PENISBUTTWHINKLE. Guess we should just be glad that we can name our characters after genitals parts now but I value my fellow players opinions even if I don't agree with them.

and for the players who posted trolling and saying "go ahead quit".... we trying to gain more players than we are losing. Twist has played here for a long ass time. Take note of that and take note that for the players that knew him, that to us its just that much less of a reason to log in. In all this talk about dungeons changes, and fucking t2a its really just about who we play with that keeps us coming back.

Grow the fuck and show a little respect to your fellow player and man. That was just disgraceful to see. You all bitch and cry at Ryan when honestly the players hold a good 75% of the blame. You all know who you are, douchebags aren't unknown by all of us. Just over time its been more and more allowed. We allowed as a playerbase more and more cheap tactics to be used as perfectly fine. There was a time when even using a pot during a duel was a automatic lost.

Rome is lost, not because of Ryan or Mark or Lynn or anything to do with the game at all. It was lost because of how we treat each other. Until we get that right, Ryan really can't do much to grow the community. My point is look at what a bunch of fuckstains you have became to troll someone who has played for 10 years on a issue that he is both right about and feels strongly about enough to give up those 10 years publicly in protest. Maybe listen the man instead of the disgraceful crap that took place. Honest wtf is wrong with some of you? If the shard is dying it is only because of people like you.

Last edited:

MaryKMurphy

Wanderer

Deleting threads that break no rules seems like a odd choice.

Twist posted a thread about the price of donation gold getting 75% off after a "gold sink" was just done to remove said money. His post was a lot more thought out and correct in mindset than a lot of stuff that is allowed to remain.

Silence on this issue for week may make the issue go away as you are removing the gold from the donation store in the end. but removing his post when he was going raising a legit question seems odd.

Those who fear words are often wrong, history shows us. The same as I wish someone would stand up for my right talk. I ashamed that Twist's post was deleted by the same shard that introduced me to Ron Paul.

Return his posts and if you have a problem with it, post, speak, tell him how wrong he is and how dumb we are.

Ryan, video ↓
http://youtu.be/3HWIuOJOQMk?t=2m49s

You didnt just trammel his thread, you deleted it. You removed it from sight all together and this is wrong

and for the players who posted trolling and saying "go ahead quit".... we trying to gain more players than we are losing. Twist has played here for a long ass time. Take note of that and take note that for the players that knew him, that to us its just that much less of a reason to log in. In all this talk about dungeons changes, and fucking t2a its really just about who we play with that keeps us coming back.

Grow the fuck and show a little respect to your fellow player and man. That was just disgraceful to see. You all bitch and cry at Ryan when honestly the players hold a good 75% of the blame. You all know who you are, douchebags aren't unknown by all of us. Just over time its been more and more allowed. We allowed as a playerbase more and more cheap tactics to be used as perfectly fine. There was a time when even using a pot during a duel was a automatic lost.

Rome is lost, not because of Ryan or Mark or Lynn or anything to do with the game at all. It was lost because of how we treat each other. Until we get that right, Ryan really can't do much to grow the community. My point is look at what a bunch of fuckstains you have became to troll someone who has played for 10 years on a issue that he is both right about and feels strongly about enough to give up those 10 years publicly in protest. Maybe listen the man instead of the disgraceful crap that took place. Honest wtf is wrong with some of you?

100% and completely agree with this post. Staff acting like the NSA and censoring our right to voice legit opinions on a shard we play on and often donate too, is completely wrong.

Especially doing it to a player who is such a long term veteran.

Authorized

Wanderer
donate
də(ʊ)ˈneɪt/
verb
verb: donate; 3rd person present: donates; past tense: donated; past participle: donated; gerund or present participle: donating
give (money or goods) for a good cause, for example to a charity.

free
friː/
adjective
adjective: free; comparative adjective: freer; superlative adjective: freest
able to act or be done as one wishes; not under the control of another.

You and the rest of the vet players need to realise that certain changes need to be made to secure the future longevity of Hybrid, this often means rectifying mistakes made in the past (and this obviously isn't going to please everybody.)

Whenever I see a change made that impacts me negatively I shrug my shoulders, why? Because I don't pay a monthly subscription.

I hate to think that anyone assumes this is a dicksuck post because it isn't, I'm just old and wise enough to realise that this is Ryan's shard, not mine or yours.

If he thinks that these changes are going to improve the quality/population/longevity of Hybrid then I will take that as a given, why would he start 'milking a dying shard' after 10 years of the effort he has put in? Dumb thing to say.

I see this issue, once again, as toys being thrown out of the pram, mainly by pixel whores. (Your actual post Gimpcent reeks of antagonising button pushing, rather than anything constructive, sorry.)

Flame me all you want, but I will continue pvping and doing the stuff that this sandbox game allows until I physically cannot log in and find something to do, I hope everyone else does the same.

MaryKMurphy

Wanderer
donate
də(ʊ)ˈneɪt/
verb
verb: donate; 3rd person present: donates; past tense: donated; past participle: donated; gerund or present participle: donating
give (money or goods) for a good cause, for example to a charity.

Ok so [e clap you learned how to google.

"Donating" To a shard is just a nicer way of saying "pay us and we will give you stuff"

A Donation, as you have stated is to give money to a good cause or charity, without receiving anything in return.
We arnt 'donating" we just call it that. We are Buying.

Authorized

Wanderer
"Donating" To a shard is just a nicer way of saying "pay us and we will give you stuff"

You are wrong.

You are buying nothing but a promise. The fact that you think you are 'buying items' is moronic!

By donating you are keeping shard costs down and therefore making it more likely you can continue to play for free, any items you get out of it are an extra.

It's shitty attitudes like yours that get staff members backs up.

GM Francis

Ex Hybrid Taskmaster
The hybrid forum moderators are few and for the most part do a decent job of letting players' opinions/comments fly unmolested. We all want a forum user to come away with an overall positive impression of our shard after perusing the threads (haha I know right?)
http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/560562/
It's always easier to hit the delete button than type out a well written reply and turn a thread that possibly shoulda been shit-canned from the beginning into a 7 page soul-sucking piece of garbage.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
The hybrid forum moderators are few and for the most part do a decent job of letting players' opinions/comments fly unmolested. We all want a forum user to come away with an overall positive impression of our shard after perusing the threads (haha I know right?)
http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/560562/
It's always easier to hit the delete button than type out a well written reply and turn a thread that possibly shoulda been shit-canned from the beginning into a 7 page soul-sucking piece of garbage.

Franics hit the nail on the head here...

The reality is that there's no reason for his thread to exist. Right now there's plenty of room for gold in the economy and the idea you really think we're going to introduce an 'insane amount' is retarded.

Trying to use Ron Paul and his ideals and comparing the deletion of a thread to the staff being the NSA is just stupid and frankly makes potential players think our playerbase has a lower than average IQ.

The forum is not here for bitch sessions, which is what that thread was, thought out or not, it boils down to a bitch session. If Twist wants to take his complaint, or you want to take your complaint directly to myself, francis etc... you're welcome to... but general forum threads are not here for bitch sessions. You're more than welcome to use the PM function.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
You are wrong.

You are buying nothing but a promise. The fact that you think you are 'buying items' is moronic!

By donating you are keeping shard costs down and therefore making it more likely you can continue to play for free, any items you get out of it are an extra.

It's shitty attitudes like yours that get staff members backs up.

This.