UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Daily new player lottery

some of you may have noticed, i have been running an 'event' for the past couple months. basically once a day, i seek out an *active* new player (training, pvp, pvm, etc) and give them a random amount check(usually between 10 and 100k). this is designed to reward new players who are trying to build their skill template, and is also an attempt to *not* reward players who just sit at the bank and beg all day. i am hoping at least in some small way it has helped to keep new players logging on and playing regularly, for the health and population of the server. i often reward the daily winner with other perks, such a beetle/mount, supplies, town runebooks, etc, as well as advice to build their toon or earn more gold. winning the lottery once does not disqualify a player from winning again, as long as they continue to play actively they are elligible for more rewards.

i have been doing this independently for a while, and the time has come that my resources are a bit slim, but i do want to keep this running as long as i can. if anyone likes this idea and would like to expand the giving capacity, i am asking fellow veteran players to donate training supplies or gold to the cause. please post here or pm me if anyone is interested in joining me in this good cause! i also ask if you do not feel confortable with a donation, if you see a new player really working hard, to congratulate these players, but please do avoid rewarding those who are just begging!

all proceeds will go directly to new players and no one else, and i would say most people who do know me also know that i am trustworthy, friendly, giving, and genuinely just want to keep our server active and busy! :) thanks to all who read this! (and new players: good luck, and keep up the good work!)

Also good to direct them to the forums, i started in 04 and didn't join the forums till 2010 and some lingering questions i always had in the back of my mind would have been answered in mere minutes on the forums - it really is the most valuable tool for meeting other people and figuring out anything that seems to be bugging / troubling ones self.

Also good to direct them to the forums, i started in 04 and didn't join the forums till 2010 and some lingering questions i always had in the back of my mind would have been answered in mere minutes on the forums - it really is the most valuable tool for meeting other people and figuring out anything that seems to be bugging / troubling ones self.
yes sir that is always part of the protocol! the forum has great new player guides :) thx for the input

Radium012

Traveler
Hearing this made me wanna give back a little to a new player also. I found one today at brit bank after restocking from a pk killing him at brit grave and taking the gold he did earn. After talking to him for a minute and hearing his story of coming to hybrid, I gave him a small home, a set of kegs, 2k regs, 50k, and some armor and weapons to help him thru his journeys. Due to this he had 3 friends he brought here to play. So I think what your doing here is great for the hybrid community and hope more people like you will do the same.

Seven Jr

Sorceror
You have to be careful though, I've done things for many new players only for the to be set up in 2 days and deciding not to play anymore... Although they're greatful for the upstart it usually is to much help and no difficulty of getting established and often quit just as soon as they start...

that is awesome radium! exactly what i was hoping to achieve by posting this. seven jr you are correct that this does sometimes happen, but that is one of the reasons i seek out the active players. i find the folks at the bank begging are much more likely to end up quitting after a couple days than those out doing stuff. i have been lucky enough that several of the players who have won my lottery are still around and i see them running around doing stuff all the time. let us hope that for everyone person who starts on hybrid and decides to quit, there is atleast one person who decided they found their new 'home' :) thanks again guys!

crikey

Sorceror
You have to be careful though, I've done things for many new players only for the to be set up in 2 days and deciding not to play anymore... Although they're greatful for the upstart it usually is to much help and no difficulty of getting established and often quit just as soon as they start...

Yeah Ive seen this myself lol....

Of all the money i've given away, nearly everytime they vanish