UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Current Population? Player Base? PvP Mostly?

Re: Current Population? Player Base? PvP Mostly?

Ahh yes...

My favorite kind of pvp would be back in the day before renaissance when if someone had the cleverness to steal your key and call his friends, you have to defend your tower or castle to protect your loot !

Those battles were epic and required alot of strategy and communication, we had tu use certain spots of the castle, sometimes we put up barricades outside with sacs of flour to keep people from rushing in and gating form the inside, we used trapped boxes to slow down or eliminate the thieves sneakin in to hide and log off in the castle. We used thieves of our own to figure out who of the pack had the key to lead the attack.

But these days we don't have this... we get the inverse however. We used to defend the AoD tower with 10 members maximum, while the LLTS attacking combined often with other guilds to form sometimes groups of 50-100 people. Lemme tell you we had to be witty and sharp, using our summons well to keep from being overwhelmed, we sometimes had to refold in the wild to reorganize and came back in extremis as a rush to get back our place. As far as I know we only lost ONE of those fights to LLTS and it was the time they were over 100 and with something like 10 tamers with dragons and whatnot, so much fun !

So yeah , these days we get a very powerful guild like EQ or MS and they come tease players to their house, ban them, hide like sissies, and sync their EQ MS routine to get players to drop all around, loot them for no reason, and reap no honor. But it's still my favorite type of pvp on this server, wild, and leaving the pks with the slight advantage of having a magical haven where they can reequip and organise for their exit on the "scene".

It's more like a drug, back then it used to be more like a trance, but yeah times change and oh well...