UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Computer crash messed up things

Bocephus

Traveler
My old Windows XP machine (its an Acer from 2003) crashed a few weeks ago. Since then when I start Razor I get a "Your Counters.xml file is corrupt and cannot be used" message. Then, when trying to log into Demise I log in, then select a character, and I get a small window that says fatal and has an OK box, click it and it all shuts down.
Now, I have used this same setup and was able to log into the OSI servers, with razor.

I have tried uninstalling razor, downloading a fresh copy and reinstalling, still the exact same results.

I tried the updater for Razor, nothing different.

I've also noticed some differences in the actual setup of windows, so maybe a fresh wipe and resinstall may be necessary. I guess that the price for trying to keep older devices running.

Morstel

Squire
I'm having the same issue, normally happens for me when i select shard. Done it a couple times on character screen trying to log into world.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
If you're experiencing issues only on a select few servers, but not others, with the exact same client and Razor, the issue is probably related to the character-specific data kept under Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data. You could try renaming/removing the folders for all affected shards in there.

To fix your counters.xml, you will probably need to grab a copy from a fresh Razor install. (The installer is here.)