UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[Completed] Stat Gain Accuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

slc517

Wanderer
[TESTING] Stat Gain Accuracy

Stat gain on OSI now has no limitations on it as to how many stats you can gain in any amount of time. Here is the link to the patch/publish notes where this changed and a quote from the notes.

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=116

The stat gain system has changed on all non-Siege Perilous ruleset shards:
- Only when a player character advances in a skill or is at the skill cap for that skill, he/she may gain a stat point.
- All skills now have a primary and secondary stat. The primary stat will rise 75% of the time. The secondary stat will rise 25% of the time. If the primary stat is not set to “gain”, the secondary stat will be chosen. If the primary and secondary stats are both locked or set to “decrease”, neither stat will rise.
Note: If a stat is at the maximum individual stat cap of 125 and is not locked, it can be chosen, but it will not rise.
- The chance that a stat will increase on any given skill gain is 1 in 20.
- Purchasing skill training from an NPC will not raise stats.
- There is no longer a cap on how many stat points you can gain in any given time period

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: Stat Gain Accuracy

to psz:

If stat gains are changed, then I think skill gains should be changed as well to accommodate - having both being fast isn't doing anyone any justice.

slc517

Wanderer

LadyCrimson;563247 said:
to psz:

If stat gains are changed, then I think skill gains should be changed as well to accommodate - having both being fast isn't doing anyone any justice.

So cutting 3-4 days off of getting max stats is really going to change things that much?

Ferris

Page

zerosum;563252 said:
So cutting 3-4 days off of getting max stats is really going to change things that much?

Well, considering you can currently hit the stat cap with +25 scroll in one day, I'm not sure how this comment is applicable.

slc517

Wanderer

Ferris;563264 said:
Well, considering you can currently hit the stat cap with +25 scroll in one day, I'm not sure how this comment is applicable.

You can gain 1 stat per 15 minutes currently. That is a max gain of 96 stat points per day. You start with 80 and the max with a +25 stat scroll is 250. So if you macro constantly you can theoretically get max stats in 42.5 hours.

That's not even the issue though. I thought the goal was to be OSI accurate... I merely pointed out a difference in how stat gain worked here and on the OSI since May 2007.

thea_zara

Sorceror

I could be wrong but I believe you get 3 stat points per fifteen minutes one in each str, dex, and int, if they're all set to raise. That cuts down the time dramatically.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

thea_zara;563287 said:
I could be wrong but I believe you get 3 stat points per fifteen minutes one in each str, dex, and int, if they're all set to raise. That cuts down the time dramatically.

You are correct: 1 gain per stat every 15 minutes....

I don't care if people disagree with me - its just an observation. If we speed things up there, perhaps we need to slow them down elsewhere (if accuracy is what everyone is going for.... and yes, I KNEW this would be a sore topic).

slc517

Wanderer

LadyCrimson;563294 said:
You are correct: 1 gain per stat every 15 minutes....

I don't care if people disagree with me - its just an observation. If we speed things up there, perhaps we need to slow them down elsewhere (if accuracy is what everyone is going for.... and yes, I KNEW this would be a sore topic).

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to open up a can of worms.

I knew Demise is willingly to have stat gains and skill gains different than OSI, so I don't know if this is to confirm or not.

Tempest

Knight

Personally I think Demise needs this fix. That way as you`re training your skills, your stats get trained as well. Sounds logical tbh.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

zerosum;563296 said:
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to open up a can of worms.

No worries. I was actually waiting for this one :)

Full accuracy means to have skill gains slowed down drastically. Why bother "training" if you can do everything in a matter of 6 hours with a razor macro... so, I'll just wait for psz to weight in.

psz

Administrator

Faster Stat/Skill gain wasn't my idea, so don't look at me ;->

When Demise opened I wanted 1:1 gains matching OSI ;->

uome

Bug Hunter

Do we have a ggs here.
If not that would need adding to maybe, erm, if....

psz;563402 said:
Faster Stat/Skill gain wasn't my idea, so don't look at me ;->

When Demise opened I wanted 1:1 gains matching OSI ;->

Apart Demise, a tweak like that should be considered pre-AoS.

Who will take the responsability of raged Divinity/Hybrid players?

Shall we go through?

psz

Administrator

Oh, I'm not saying to or not to change anything.

Just pointing out that Demise has always had "accelerated" gains for both stats and skills, so this is one case where matching OSI isn't likely to be a top priority.

Now, the code *SHOULD BE WRITTEN* to correctly match OSI, if for no other reason than the RunUO Distro.

Xavier

Account Terminated
Re: [DEFERRED] Stat Gain Accuracy

Im just replying here after reading the dupe post, but skill gains being faster on demise doesn't seem to be a reason to keep stat gains a LOT slower. Skill gains are not 10 times faster than OSI, but stat gains can easily be 10 times slower. I know balance is what youre seeking, but this is hardly balanced.

Demise's stat gains match OSI years ago - they did have the 15 min limit implemented, but they have since removed it - without really changing the skill gains.

Lots of people complain about our stat gains because it IS a drastic difference, so why not just fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.