UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[Complete][CoreMod] Insured/blessed items in containers in your backpack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athena

Account Terminated
[READY][CoreMod] Insured/blessed items in containers in your backpack

Behavior on Demise: If you have insured or blessed items in any type of container those items remain on your corpse inside that container on death.

Behavior on OSI: The insured/blessed contents of that container are moved into your backpack on death so they are there when you resurrect. The actual containers that the items were in remain on your corpse.

Supporting Documentation (URLs): None needed as I have tested and verified this on OSI myself.

Changes needed: Make it work as it does on OSI!

Code (optional): None

psz

Administrator
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Insured/blessed items in containers in your backpack

I can also verify this, as it happened on OSI earlier today ;->

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Insured/blessed items in containers in your backpack

I can verify it as every time I died on OSI, my bag of organized runebooks would be "organized" just over everything in my main pack.

That is an important note tho - how the items were inside the bag, is the exact placement of them in the main pack (or per my experience)

MalGanis

Sorceror
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Insured/blessed items in containers in your backpack

Fixed, unfortunately it needs a core mod. Tests done:

• Died when having blessed and regular items in a container inside my container. Blessed items were in my backpack when i ressed, regular items stayed inside that container.
  • Died when having blessed containers and blessed items inside. Blessed containers were in my backpack when i ressed (items within that container, even if they were blessed, didn't move to top).
  • Same thing when i died when young. Every item stayed in the same position when i ressed.

Attachments

• Blessed.patch
    1.1 KB · Views: 62

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [TESTING] Insured/blessed items in containers in your backpack

Ok i have tested this using lots of different item types, all the different loot types and i have tried a few different types of container.
I even tried containers in containers and i cant insure containers.

It all seems to be working, allough this is one of those fixes that makes me nervous because it has to be right and is hard to test properly without putting it into a production enviroment.

If anyone else wants to test this please do :)

Athena

Account Terminated

5 day timer started, please continue testing.

gilgamash

Knight

I did some testing, too. However, what I realize now is that I completely forgot to check out whether it works for items in containers within containers.

No time for further testing until wednesday next week, though, so this is a topic to be done by someone else :)

G.

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [READY] Insured/blessed items in containers in your backpack

Since there was no update, is there a chance to get this onto the tc?
I'm just nervous about this one because bugs with insurance will be a big deal to a lot of people and the tc should expose anything that hasn't been thought of during testing so far.

Xavier

Account Terminated
Re: [READY-TC] Insured/blessed items in containers in your backpack

we could always just leave it in the TC for a few cycles. Its not like this change is a critical fix or gameplay balance thing...

pimpineasy

Sorceror
Re: [MERGED-TC] Insured/blessed items in containers in your backpack

good this needs to be fixed i got scamed because of this bug i lost a totem to a guy in a new guild i joined

psz

Administrator
Re: [MERGED] Insured/blessed items in containers in your backpack

Anyone get around to testing the Item in a Container in a Container status?

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [MERGED] Insured/blessed items in containers in your backpack

psz;639744 said:
Anyone get around to testing the Item in a Container in a Container status?

uome;610793 said:
Ok i have tested this using lots of different item types, all the different loot types and i have tried a few different types of container.
I even tried containers in containers and i cant insure containers.

I still think we need to have this on a tc for a long time with lots of testers to make certain there are no bugs.

psz

Administrator

Now how the hell did I miss that? :-P

Tested it more today on BAD TC. Worked with what I attempted, though I didn't yet test containers-within-containers... Though I also tried, just for kicks, to do this with newbie'd items... Then discovered none of my items are newbie'd. :p

I also decided to take the container-in-a-container thing to the logical conclusion... I nested 20 pouches, and tried items in them. (BTW, I decided I HATE dealing with 20 open container gumps in the process) And yes, it worked properly, including re-insuring them.

However, SEEMS to be working... But I agree with uome's old statement: more testing.

Ret

Wanderer
Re: [TESTING-TC] Insured/blessed items in containers in your backpack

Having insured/blessed items in bags worked for me. Might be an issue with factions. see below.

I used 2 blessed items, and 2 insured items for all the tests.

I tried having items in different levels of bags; one of each item buried 12 bags deep while another was only 1 bag deep. All items were moved to my main pack when I res’ed.

Being Guard whacked for attacking someone in the guard zone. Auto renew money was withdrawn 1200 for 2 items, and all items were properly placed in my main bag.

Suicide while having items placed in a GM locked wooden box. Auto renew money was withdrawn 1200 for 2 items, and all items were properly placed in my main bag.

Suicide, not in a faction. Auto renew money was withdrawn 1200 for 2 items, and all items were properly placed in my main bag.

Death from NPC, not in a faction. Auto renew money was withdrawn 1200 for 2 items, and all items were properly placed in my main bag.

PVP death, not in a faction. Auto renew money was withdrawn 600 for 2 items, and all items were properly placed in my main bag. The other person received 600 gold in their bank.

Test suicide, while in a faction. Auto renew money was withdrawn 1200 for 2 items, and all items were properly placed in my main bag.

NPC death, while in a faction. Auto renew money was withdrawn 1200 for 2 items, and all items were properly placed in my main bag.

This one might be an issue here. Need someone who knows more about factions.
PVP death from opposing faction member. Auto renew money was withdrawn 600 for 2 items, and all items were properly placed in my main bag. The other person DID NOT receive 600 gold. I’m not sure if this is intended to happen or not, I’m not a big faction person.

What I did not test.
I did not test guild kills.

Also, I only used normal backpacks; I did not try every container possible. I think someone else mentioned blessed containers; I have no knowledge of them or how to acquire them. So that was not tested.

The problem with this patch is it could be any random number of things that could be a bug. Like Vamp form in T2A with intermixed bags/boxes buried 4 deep while riding an ethy and dyeing in lava. I dunno, just seems like a lot of variables to test.

Hope this was helpful

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [TESTING-TC] Insured/blessed items in containers in your backpack

Your testing has been very helpful! This patch is going to stay on the TC for some time, just to be sure it's not buggy in any way. So the more tests done the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.