UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Closed

alex916

Sorceror
Buying 3x Helm of swiftness (HUMAN!)

again, they MUST NOT be the elf specific version!!

leave offers only.

Last edited:

TheRealPhil

Sorceror
You must be confused about the English language...
not at all.
When selling something you must make a price not an offer.
when buying something you must offer something for the item you would like to purchase.
Hence offer is for buyer and Price is for seller.
So if you are wanting "OFFERS" you would be selling this item, BUT you are in the BUYING section of the forums Therefore you need to make an offer for the item you would like to BUY.
This is general knowledge to people familiar with the English language.
If you would like me to tell you a price i will say 150k since your PC thread in the selling section suggested this

alex916

Sorceror
not at all.
when buying something you must offer something for the item you would like to purchase.
So if you are wanting "OFFERS" you would be selling this item, BUT you are in the BUYING section of the forums Therefore you need to make an offer for the item you would like to BUY.
This is general knowledge to people familiar with the English language.
If you would like me to tell you a price i will say 150k since your PC thread in the selling section suggested this

actually your fundamental understanding of the word "Offer" is incorrect, offer may be used a myriad of ways including but not limited to:

: to give someone the opportunity to accept or take (something)
- such as offering a selling price

: to say that you are willing to do something
-such as selling something for a specific price

for this and the full definition and uses of the word "offer" please refer to the following link:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/offer

TheRealPhil

Sorceror
YES! so by your DEFINITION i am OFFERING you the chance to buy this ITEM!
so then you must OFFER a price to buy such item.
Then it is to my discretion to either accept your OFFER or COUNTER OFFER

alex916

Sorceror
YES! so by your DEFINITION i am OFFERING you the chance to buy this ITEM!
so then you must OFFER a price to buy such item.
Then it is to my discretion to either accept your OFFER or COUNTER OFFER

again fundamentally incorrect

the Context of this thread is already declared, i am buying a specific something

If you reply with:

i have 1 of these

you have failed to correctly place an offer, you have only stated that you have one.

to further this fundamental misunderstanding of the word you then tried to tell me that the word "offer" can only be used one way and also proceeded to provide a further misunderstanding of the definition of the word "price":

- incorrect, a price is a Required cost assigned to a given outcome, an offer is something that can be declined or evoke a counter response

- incorrect, this assumes the price is not already declared or that a stipulation has not already been issued regarding the terms of this purchase, in this case that an offer is the ONLY thing to be left as a reply.

- again incorrect, a price is "the amount of money expected, required, or given in payment for something." by definition a price is something that is Required for a given outcome where as an offer is something that can be changed, haggled, counter offered, etc.

This is general knowledge to people familiar with the English language...
- again incorrect because you failed to present a correct understanding of the words "offer" and "price" previously.

Last edited: