UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes to the RunUO Network:

R

Ryan

Changes to the RunUO Network:

Over the last few years, the RunUO Team and network have grown well beyond what we ever thought possible. All told right now the RunUO network consists of 9 production servers, 2 development servers, 41 domains and 5 communities. As any of you that run a shard or website can understand maintaining this network has become quite challenging for us. In order to make our lives easier we have decided to combine all of our sites and communities and bring them home under the RunUO.com domain.

This means quite a bit of changes are coming forward. First and foremost a massive forum merger will take place soon, bringing all of the communities together “under one roof” so to speak. This change will be time consuming for the admins, and we will do our best to ensure it goes as quickly and smoothly as possible. Secondly you will see that all of the sites we run will get a standardized layout of sorts, so that you know where you are and what you are doing. Thirdly it will bring all of our moderation teams together to take care of the entire network. All in all this will give us nearly 100 staff members administering nearly 55,000 users.

Our communities are very important to us, and we work hard to maintain them in a manner that makes them both enjoyable and fun to be a part of. When we set a date for the downtime and mergers we will let you all know.

Thank you for your patience when we move forward!

Ryan

Despairl

Wanderer
Re: Changes to the RunUO Network:

i'm up for it....why not. Sounds like a good thing for players and staff alike.

Despairl

Wanderer

he's talking about the fourms and the staff to make one giant community. This will make all the shards grow because newer players will beable to look around easier =)

Tachion

Wanderer

This is a stupid question and I think I know the answer, but will each shard have it's own section of the forums? I imagine that it would be pretty hellish if everything was just merged into one "RunUO Shards - General Discussion" type thing.

Tor

Wanderer

I couldn't imagine them doing it another way, :p

Very nice changes, administration!

T

thugchld

I don't know if I am liking this but.... I know we have good staff and if they think it is good for all of us then I am in!!! I know I am going to buy a 18x18 on my own islan,so i kinda hopeing this does not turn into a play as you play shard.I like it how it is and I will donate as offten as need so this shard has mpney to stay free Well I hope this is for the best, Thug Wiz