UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - March 6th 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteliv

Knight
Re: Changes - March 6th 2010

Hoodhero;2039461 said:
Having longer times on Idocs means you'll see more of the same bs plots just taking up space and getting refreshed for years at a time without even being used. I see on the forums too often "hey who owns this house??" Only to find that the house is owned by some guy who logs in once in while to refresh and never plays.

how is this a problem
if he lost that plot he'd probably never come back
it's good to have some stuff to mess around with when you get time, rather than find out all your shit is gone then just leave that day

there are plenty of other decent houses availible for purchase, people gotta stop being jealous

HOLY CRAP

Sorceror

Skywing;2037916 said:
Well, this change sucks.

I agree that housing should be the privilege of the active player. If you are not going to be active enough to either refresh your house once every two weeks or have a friend do it for you, then perhaps another more active player could benefit from having housing of their own.

I'm perfectly aware that people take long vacations - I'm deploying for quite some time pretty soon here - but there are reasonable measures that can be taken. Add a bunch of friends to your house and tell people to refresh it. If you are taking several weeks of vacation and you can't find a single person to refresh your house one single time then you might want to look into getting some new friends. You might also want to consider that people don't like you very much.

It is already difficult enough getting a reasonable window for IDOCs with a 14 hour decay period. I recall around and check house decays and they will invariably change from fairly to greatly or greatly to IDOC while I am asleep or at work or doing something besides sitting at my computer all day. If I have a four hour window on a house, by UOGamers' Law of IDOCs, that shit will fall at the very last minute or while I am taking a piss or smoking a cigarette. With this change I'm simply not going to do IDOCs. It's not worth the hassle anymore. I have a feeling a good amount of people will feel the same way and PvP is going to suffer as a result.

This shard is going down hill... and this choice to increase the time just helps in the aid of its downfall... this takes away idocs and good field pvp... tons of people only play UO to hang out with friends and do one or both of those things... and get rich doing them...

if anyone values this shard... you'll see how bad of a decision this was and ask for it to be returned to normal or decreased before its to late... :/

HOLY CRAP;2040163 said:
This shard is going down hill... and this choice to increase the time just helps in the aid of its downfall... this takes away idocs and good field pvp... tons of people only play UO to hang out with friends and do one or both of those things... and get rich doing them...

if anyone values this shard... you'll see how bad of a decision this was and ask for it to be returned to normal or decreased before its to late... :/

I've ran into several fights without idoc'ing. hell if u would get off ur gay ass blue character sometime, like alot of people should. then trust me, u would have alot of pvp'in u dumb insignificant infant.

how can people say that this won't affect IDOCs? it is the ONE AND ONLY thing that will affect IDOCs... you are altering the very thing that gives definition to the concept of an IDOC.

fact is, people DO forget to refresh their houses just as often as people stop playing and lose their houses. i know this because i have been doing IDOCs for five years here. that said, almost all of the worthwhile IDOCs - ie. IDOCs that are worth investing your time in because they are loaded with loot - fall into the category of belonging to active players that forget to refresh.

mjr11

Sorceror

trevorc21;2038585 said:
Well i work at staples since i am 17. I have a "Part Time job" Which means i request if i want off. I can request a month off if i wanted to and they really don't mind as long as it isn't happening every other month.

If you even played this game you would have know it used to be 28 days. Which that was a long time. Also when i go on vacation the last thing i want to do is worry about uo or have to install uo on a laptop or computer. Most of the time when i go on vacation i wont even touch a computer because it's what i do at home.

meh.. well I dont even really care anymore it's whatever.. its sorta good since it wont fall in opposite time of day..

"if you even played this game..." I do play.. I just didnt play it 10 years ago.. or however long ago that was.. when i was younger I played outside with my friends and did other shit =p.

Status
Not open for further replies.