UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Change wands ? Poll

Change Wands?

• yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • no

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Little Owl

Wanderer
Might be a bit too early for such a poll.

It does seem to me that wands were being abused to give unlimited mana free mobile healing and firepower. On the other hand they were the only good counter to ganking by good players.

It was always good to see people able to PVP at least semi-successfully without having to have a bag of specialty items to compete. I've seen some bags with 10+ wands in them.

Maybe the current changes aren't perfect, but they do eliminate some of the issues. Maybe give it a little more time? I kind of liked the idea of mana cost and cooldowns based on wand level (1-4). Hell, you could even make it 150% of normal mana use. It would be good to have a few disincentives to using a wand instead of just benefits. They have come to be relied upon as a PVP crutch, although I do believe they are a built-in counter to stun/para.

Aragorn13

Traveler

It does seem to me that wands were being abused to give unlimited mana free mobile healing and firepower. On the other hand they were the only good counter to ganking by good players.

It was always good to see people able to PVP at least semi-successfully without having to have a bag of specialty items to compete. I've seen some bags with 10+ wands in them.

Maybe the current changes aren't perfect, but they do eliminate some of the issues. Maybe give it a little more time? I kind of liked the idea of mana cost and cooldowns based on wand level (1-4). Hell, you could even make it 150% of normal mana use. It would be good to have a few disincentives to using a wand instead of just benefits. They have come to be relied upon as a PVP crutch, although I do believe they are a built-in counter to stun/para.
#respect

Montana

Hybrid Staff Member

Well said. We as staff are monitoring the changes and listening to well constructed feedback like this.

Take note players, this is exactly how to get your voices heard!

crikey

Sorceror
So what i suggest is the wands as;
- Add cool downs to lighting wands or delete.
-Make all wands as before the update.

so if I vote yes to change wands, am I voting for "addng cooldown to lightning", "delete (?)", or "change all wands as before the update"

Aragorn13

Traveler
so if I vote yes to change wands, am I voting for "addng cooldown to lightning", "delete (?)", or "change all wands as before the update"
if you vote yes ur voting delete or cool down for lightning and change all wands bla bla

I dont understand the poll... Change wands back, add a random timer so lightning wands can not be macrod, make gh wands 2 charges per 3 minute cool down. Problems solved

crikey

Sorceror
if you vote yes ur voting delete or cool down for lightning and change all wands bla bla
You need to redo the poll man

IF yes = Delete or cool down, then instead of the "yes" option there should be 2 seperate options
Option A: Delete
Option B: add cool down
Option C: Change wands back as they were before patch
Option D: Keep the wands as they stand today with patch
Option E: Use of a wand cause -.1 magery skill loss per charge

changes wands back, make them cost mana, and make the cool down time a bit longer. if there was a way to remove automated weaken wand macros then even better