UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Champion Luring

A long time ago on OSI they made it so you couldn't lure champion spawn bosses more then 5 screens away without it just disappearing and reappearing at the alter of the champion spawn

mytilus

Sorceror
A long time ago on OSI they made it so you couldn't lure champion spawn bosses more then 5 screens away without it just disappearing and reappearing at the alter of the champion spawn

This is one of those things that osi ruined in my opinion, some of the greatest battles ever fought have taken place in the tunnels of despise.

ZachM1

Sorceror
Not everything on Demise is OSI accurate, sometimes you just have to weigh the pros and cons and do whats best for the server. Last time I was playing I ended up in an epic 3v3 boat battle that lasted something like 45 minutes over t2a battling over a boated Neira, my group didn't get any scrolls but we had a blast. There is already a drawback to luring anyway as I believe you cannot get a replica from the champ unless you are in the champ zone when it dies, so someone luring your (or their own) champ is already missing out on something.

Mister Pink

Squire
A compromise would be to have the champ teleported back after a certain amount of time . Say 4 hours real time.

Currently does a champ spawn reset after a certain amount of time or could you leave it boated in the middle of nowhere indefinitely?

edit: and yes I realize boats decay and someone might stumble upon the champ, but unless you have a gm account it is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

MB

Knight
Decaying after 24 hours would be fair, in my opinion. After all, there's 12 spawns in T2A and some go months without being worked. Holding one hostage is not detrimental to anyone. There's no issue with dungeons since the champs are stuck there and limited spots to hide. It would take a lot of fun out of fights if you rubber band them all back to the altar.

I wish we could still have them enter houses, it used to be a blast to put them in a cage in a public house and taunt people to try and take it.