UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Castle Courtyards Should Be No Recall/Gate/SacredJourney Area

Bama

Bug Huntress
[IN DEVELOPMENT] Castle Courtyards Should Be No Recall/Gate/SacredJourney Area

Behavior on Demise:

You can mark in the courtyard area and recall/Gate/Sacred Journey
to the marked spot

Behavior on OSI:

You can mark a rune but you can not travel to that spot
You get a message saying something is blocking the spot

Supporting Documentation (URLs):
Changes needed:
Code (optional):
This is a security issue
Last 3 screen shots are demise

Attachments

• Allison Norris_6-16_15.37.jpg
    Allison Norris_6-16_15.37.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 187
  • Allison Norris_6-16_15.37-1.jpg
    Allison Norris_6-16_15.37-1.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 186
  • Allison Norris_6-16_15.37-2.jpg
    Allison Norris_6-16_15.37-2.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 186
  • Allison Norris_6-16_15.37-3.jpg
    Allison Norris_6-16_15.37-3.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 185
  • Allison Norris_6-16_15.37-4.jpg
    Allison Norris_6-16_15.37-4.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Dee_6-16_15.42.jpg
    Dee_6-16_15.42.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 185
  • Dee_6-16_15.42-1.jpg
    Dee_6-16_15.42-1.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 181
  • Dee_6-16_15.42-2.jpg
    Dee_6-16_15.42-2.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 182

Kraz

AssistUO Developer
Re: Castle Courtyards Should Be No Recall/Gate/SacredJourney Area

I've considered that on OSI you cannot recall to a location that is "part" of house region. Should work.

Attachments

• GateTravel.patch
    806 bytes · Views: 17
  • Recall.patch
    798 bytes · Views: 12
  • SacredJourney.patch
    976 bytes · Views: 11

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Re: [TESTING NEEDED] Castle Courtyards Should Be No Recall/Gate/SacredJourney Area

Testing results:

I marked two runes in a castle's courtyard, and one indoors (it became a house rune).

Before applying the patch:
I'm able to recall to all three runes. The courtyard runes will take me right where I marked them (inside the castle walls), and the rune marked indoors takes me to the house sign (outside the castle walls).

After applying the patch:
I'm only able to recall to the rune marked indoors, still taking me to the house sign. The courtyard runes cannot be recalled to, giving me the "Something is blocking the location." message. I'm still able to mark runes inside the courtyard. (As intended, I believe.)

Wherever it says recall, the same was tested for gate travel and sacred journey.

Note: I am able to gate to a town, for example, from the courtyard, allowing people to take the gate into the courtyard on the other end. I assume that's how it works on OSI too though.

Possible unintended side-effect:
For custom houses, I am no longer able to recall/gate/journey to runes marked right under the house sign, or runes marked in between steps (because they're part of a house region). This was possible before applying the patch. See the screenshots below:

Attachments

• TestCenter_9-5_00.20-1.png
    TestCenter_9-5_00.20-1.png
    604.3 KB · Views: 113
  • TestCenter_9-5_00.21.png
    TestCenter_9-5_00.21.png
    612.4 KB · Views: 107

Kraz

AssistUO Developer
Re: [TESTING NEEDED] Castle Courtyards Should Be No Recall/Gate/SacredJourney Area

Yes but according to the report you can mark rune inside the courtyard... casting gate travel, I think it is possible on OSI.

About custom houses recall, can Bama please confirm this?

Bama

Bug Huntress

Shino90;779572 said:
Testing results:
Before applying the patch:
and the rune marked indoors takes me to the house sign (outside the castle walls).
This should never happen
If you stand under the house sign and mark a rune fine otherwise no.It should take you to in front of the house sign before and after the patch

Shino90;779572 said:
After applying the patch:
The courtyard runes cannot be recalled to, giving me the "Something is blocking the location." message. I'm still able to mark runes inside the courtyard. (As intended, I believe.)
That's the way it should be

Shino90;779572 said:
Note: I am able to gate to a town, for example, from the courtyard, allowing people to take the gate into the courtyard on the other end. I assume that's how it works on OSI too though.

Same as if you are on the 2nd floor of your private house and you open a gate.Anyone can go through the gate but they are ejected from the house as soon as they are on the other side of the gate.In this case they are ejected from the courtyard

Shino90;779572 said:
For custom houses, I am no longer able to recall/gate/journey to runes marked right under the house sign
If the rune was actually marked under the house sign this needs to be fixed

Shino90;779572 said:
or runes marked in between steps (because they're part of a house region).
You should be able to recall in between the steps because on osi it is not considered part of the house when the steps are removed.Unlike demise where you can remove steps and lock things down in that area

KraZ;779670 said:
Yes but according to the report you can mark rune inside the courtyard... casting gate travel, I think it is possible on OSI.

About custom houses recall, can Bama please confirm this?

KraZ if what I replied to is not what you need answered let me know

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member

Bama;779949 said:
This should never happen
If you stand under the house sign and mark a rune fine otherwise no.It should take you to in front of the house sign before and after the patch
Ah, yeah, that's what I meant. The rune marked inside took me a few tiles south of the house sign (not directly under). It worked the same before and after the patch, though, which was the main point of concern.

Also, does OSI allow recalling to runes marked inside keep walls? (Are you even able to teleport in them on OSI?) I think this patch disallows that too.

Bama

Bug Huntress

Shino90;780778 said:
Also, does OSI allow recalling to runes marked inside keep walls? (Are you even able to teleport in them on OSI?) I think this patch disallows that too.

This is a confirmed RUN/UO/Razor bug/exploit correct?This is not possible on osi because of the difference in this

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [TESTING-TC] Castle Courtyards Should Be No Recall/Gate/SacredJourney Area

So, is this working as it should?

Bama

Bug Huntress

Is it possible to have a castle placed and open to the public on test center and I will test it?
I have a hard time placing houses

Bama

Bug Huntress

Fandul;786591 said:
NE from fel yew gate

I am there now would you mind joining me I have to test this with the castle being private as well?

Athena

Account Terminated

TC is down while I update it real quick, give it about 10 minutes and it should be back.

Bama

Bug Huntress

Well I got this much tested Thank-You Fandul
I can mark inside the castle courtyard but I can't recall to the spot I marked in the castle courtyard

Attachments

• Silent_9-19_10.15.jpg
    Silent_9-19_10.15.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Silent_9-19_10.15-1.jpg
    Silent_9-19_10.15-1.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Silent_9-19_10.15-2.jpg
    Silent_9-19_10.15-2.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Silent_9-19_10.15-3.jpg
    Silent_9-19_10.15-3.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Silent_9-19_10.16.jpg
    Silent_9-19_10.16.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Silent_9-19_10.16-2.jpg
    Silent_9-19_10.16-2.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Silent_9-19_10.16-3.jpg
    Silent_9-19_10.16-3.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 41

Bama

Bug Huntress

What needs to be tested is the castle set to private,a gate opened in the courtyard and the person being booted to outside of the castle as they appear in the gate if they don't have access to the castle.

Fandul

Knight

Bama;786640 said:
What needs to be tested is the castle set to private,a gate opened in the courtyard and the person being booted to outside of the castle as they appear in the gate if they don't have access to the castle.

Doesn't work like that

Attachments

• courtyard1.jpg
    courtyard1.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 40
  • courtyard2.jpg
    courtyard2.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 41
  • courtyard3.jpg
    courtyard3.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 44

Kraz

AssistUO Developer

Well, about the gate kicking players without the house access.
Thing is, I guess on OSI castle courtyards are considered inside the castle, thinking this way can someone post a print of the context menu? (1 click on player character), I wanna see if there is a "Leave House" option =).

The patch I'm posting now will consider the Castle Courtyards as part of castle and kick players trying to access the courtyards without house access.

Note: applying this new fix I guess you will no longer need the GateTravel.cs, SacredJourney.cs and Recall.cs changes, you can change spells scripts to have an OSI Like action block and message... applying only this patch the player will be moved to the ban location, so the spells changes seems illogical. If not equal OSI I guess this solution is better than.

Please test.

Attachments

• BaseHouse.patch
    528 bytes · Views: 4

Athena

Account Terminated

So just the last patch should be applied to the TC?

Kraz

AssistUO Developer

If you want it like OSI all the patchs should be applied.

Thing is I guess it is an OSI bug, cannot understand why can you mark a rune at courtyards and get blocked? why not just recalling but to the ban location (outside the house)? I'd apply only the last patch and solve it... players will be able to mark runes "inside" the courtyards but when recall/gate/sacred journey they will be moved to the ban location like if you mark the rune outside.