UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Buying LToTs

Poker1996

Squire
the way i see it, people are buying all the ltots to a point that where only a very few people have them.
then they will help new players or new guildies like getting them rbc and things like that and then they will only have some and the rich will have the mass of them.
they will then wait till the price goes up (which will be fast since very few other will have to sell) then they will start selling them.

this all being my opion on things from recent things
not critizing anyone just stating what ive seen in the past

(which will be fast since very few other will have to sell)
You're relatively correct minus this part... I don't think you were around for the end of the first ToT event here, which was back in 2006. (and that kinda nulls your "just stating what I've seen in the past" statement)

Prices did NOT rise fast at all; even two years after the fact, with very few ToTs having been collected in the event, and the shard having experienced MASSIVE growth during then, prices had only reached around 350-400k; and they held there. Again, it wasn't until EkIn declared that ToTs were worth 2 million that prices spiked... They never really DID hit 2 million, but instead traded for up to 1.8. Instead, his "price guide" more or less caused a market stagnation and subsequent collapse that Xavier referred to in another thread.

With Demise as it is now, there's no room for a new "price guide" to come and dictate the prices: it happened before because people were begging (primarily to me) for it. Now I think most of the shard knows better.

My own price predictions are that ToT supplies (as in what's readily being traded) will dry up, yes, as some people stockpile them. The price will not go above 200k, because those stockpiling them hope to make a PROFIT, and will generally refuse to pay more than 200k. Once the supply there runs out, some will try to raise the price, and get zero buyers. Market will stagnate, then collapse a bit, (market stops are ALWAYS followed by a collapse) bringing the price back down as people who really need the money more than LToTs are willing to accept only a SMALLER profit: i.e, those that stocked up at 80k pre-stop will be willing to accept 100-150k or so. Trade will flow again, and prices will begin the true inflation, at a gradual pace. This is pretty basic economics: this trend, which is VERY common, is known as a J Curve.

i wish i could see the future too ;)
can only speculate dude, they may return, they may not. impossible to say.

the MAX for an ltot should be 800k, workin out to 8m for the gtot, but that is like after no spawns for like 2-3 years. 250k is a good none spawning price, 50k is a permanent spawning price. 2.5kk for an ltot is just daft. 25m for a gtot, no way.
-----
prices wont go back down lol, they will keep going up, but it will stay 200-250 for a while. ppl will always be buying tots if they have the money, only time they will stop is if the ppl that need them cant afford them. but even then the value will remain and the tots will just be used as part exchanges as ppl will know their value

i agree with you but the diffrence is that this is the last TOT drop ever
This is the exact OPPOSITE of the truth in terms of comparison. (read: you're dead wrong to try and make a point of this) It's far less final than the original one was. Back when that one was ended, OSI had yet to even HAVE the second and third-generation drops, and the staff REPEATEDLY stated that they intended to never, EVER have a drop.

Compare to this time, where Xavier has hinted that, if left to him, Demise would see MORE ToT drops, and a bit more regularly. Suggested was perhaps 1-2 weeks a year, coinciding with a seasonal event, such as Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas, all of which have had major, labor-intensive events run by staff before. (ESPECIALLY Halloween) If we then know we'd be getting ToTs for 2/52 weeks each year, that's ensure that the price would NEVER rise much: no point in trying to "get rich" when the same time next year, they'd be dropping again.