UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Broken casting

gilgamash

Knight
Hiya. I noticed there is something wrong with casting. People cast so fast teleports, they run faster than people on mounts,.

Hi,

I would like to look into that -- concerning the running, are you sure it is not some kind of cheat? Lots of players use tree vanish and run speed cheats (lame imho)...

kolbycrouch

Knight
No, with no cast recovery, which Is a very well known inaccuracy, you can keep teleporting 10 tiles away and move faster than someone can run straight.

kolbycrouch

Knight
Wear 2/5. It's been a really long time since I have played osi, but for the most part it seems that your recovery is 0.25 seconds when at the cap. a mini heal before every spell action. I've been told by several developers that it's not that simple though. I would need to log into OSI, but with all the talk, I think I might just go do it, and focus on the casting specifically until I can get a decent change, and see what people want to do from there.

Wear 2/5. It's been a really long time since I have played osi, but for the most part it seems that your recovery is 0.25 seconds when at the cap. a mini heal before every spell action. I've been told by several developers that it's not that simple though. I would need to log into OSI, but with all the talk, I think I might just go do it, and focus on the casting specifically until I can get a decent change, and see what people want to do from there.

GL, the casting on demise will never change because then this game might take skill.

Hiya. I noticed there is something wrong with casting. People cast so fast teleports, they run faster than people on mounts,.
Ah, now I got it. Guess it is a timer issue than. Will add this bug to my list.

G.
It's not a bug, due to the mass amount of bola usage and spam, teleport is a good thing to have to outsmart people and get away from 10v1's, the only time it's used really is when someone gets bola gankd.. Theres nothing wrong with it and with the casting recovery on spells teleport is a must, don't listen to one person and contribute a code that could change the way the servers mechanics have been for years.

If theres no fix to casting, there should be no fix to teleport, because it helps counter with the broken casting.. however, with the broken dexxers and the other broken spells that effect pvp, I wouldn't change casting at all.

Hz is just mad because when they bola spam 10v1 they don't want the person to ever get away, so here hz is again trying to get something altered to their play style rofl..

It also takes skill to spam teleport, because you have to time the clicks perfectly, and if you misclick you're fucked.

Lel, i love how the clone argument is always thrown around for it's convenience. We should do this we're a clone! but let's have mechanics that aren't even close to OSI. woo!

Exactly, being an "OSI clone" isn't really a good thing.. Anyone you talk to will say OSI is completely trash. Why copy something that has been in the shitter for so many years?

hickman48

Knight
Heavy smoker is one of the guys who rely to much on fcr being null and void on this server why hes not for the fix. Tbh i would love to see it added would be nice to take a few weeks to get my timings down and almost never see in mani spam.

kolbycrouch

Knight
Heavy smoker is one of the guys who rely to much on fcr being null and void on this server why hes not for the fix. Tbh i would love to see it added would be nice to take a few weeks to get my timings down and almost never see in mani spam.

It's been forever since I have played like this too, it would take some getting used to, but it should also level out connection issues a bit, and be a bit more of a skill vs skill situation instead of speed vs speed.