UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Britannia P.D. Press Conference (Friday 03/04/11)

-START FEED-

The department has been flooded with questions for the past few days, from the obvious to the bizarre. For this reason, the sheriff will take reporters' and the general public's questions this Friday:

The Britannia Police Department announces that its first Press Conference will take place this Friday (03/04/11) at 7 PM PST/9 PM CST/10 PM EST.

The press conference will take place in The King's Men Theater, in front of the Conservatory of music, in Britain. This is, of course, located roughly between the West Bank and the graveyard.

The sheriff will be fielding questions and refreshments will be provided afterward. The building has been booked for two hours and has a set maximum occupancy, which the fire code prevents us from exceeding. Like any other law, this will be enforced. All attending officers will be taken off duty for the duration of the conference, to be able to serve their purpose there.

The following is a concerned officer's statement:

" The most frequently asked question seems to be how to join the police force. Young people from all over the globe want to do their part, but most cannot seem to figure out how. Those who have joined are gaining seniority over those who don't know how. This should make it more clear:

1) Finish training the skills of your choice to an acceptable level.
2) Make sure you can live by the rulebooks (located on the desk at the police station), any officer can direct you there.
3) Make sure you have an acceptable name extrapolating from the following guidelines. You can make a donation of $3 to change your name (http://www.uogstore.com/hybrid_store/products.php?product=Character-Name-Change-Deed) or bring someone with a better name:

Absolutely not: PeekayChuu, Rager's Slave's Ghost, asdf555, etc.
No: Black Plague, Purple Rain, General Grievous, Link, etc.
Almost But No: Crimson Sky, etc.
Baaarely: Skye Crimson (that *could* be a name), Maxwell Payne (same).
Exceptions: There are some names that would normally fall in the "no" category, but would still be acceptable. You can talk to the sheriff about it. If you don't want to risk it, play it safe. It does not have to be a famous cop name, just a name that can pass as respectable. When all of this is done, contact the sheriff directly or through an officer.
"

ARE YOU DOING YOUR PART?
JOIN TODAY!
FIGHT FOR THE FUTURE!
EARLY SERVICE GUARANTEES SENIORITY!

-INTERRUPT FEED-

The Press Conference took place as scheduled, there will be another one next year at around the same time. It took all officers off duty for a couple of hours, but all the citizens got a chance to ask their questions.

Some pictures were taken by security cameras.

The photographs have been altered by Internal Affairs to censor foul language, and to protect sensitive information and individuals who wish to remain unidentified.

With less than an hour before the event took place, Sheriff Rannikus was called to Skara Brae, where reports of littering, indecent exposure, and unsanitary food preparation proved to be true.

He was met with resistance.

Translation: "Pervert!"

The suspect confessed to the misdemeanor, was Mirandized, booked, and incarcerated.

Following that, during a routine patrol in Delucia, a troubled boy named Kevin inquires as to the legality of deviant conduct.

Back in Britain, the opening speech drawing nearer, an anonymous victim reports an alleged crime and demanded justice.

http://img824.imageshack.us/i/44287396.png/

The crime was confirmed, but the suspect attempted to flee and Britannia's Finest had to use lethal force.

With only a few minutes left before the event, a concerned neighbor called to complain about the noise level from next door. The sheriff himself investigated.

The time came to prepare the venue for the press conference. Part of the force was pulled off duty to assist.

During the conference, many tough questions were asked; some of them loaded.

"... however at the end of the day criminals and murderers need only be concerned with two questions:
Do you feel lucky, punk?
and
What are you going to do when we come for you?"
-Sheriff Rannikus

The crowd became unruly, but Detective Ness prevented the situation from escalating.

Part of the budget was allocated to rent the venue for a set amount of time. When time ran out, the premises had to be evacuated.

At the end of the day, the citizenry had their questions answered.
Some of them felt the call of duty, when they finish their training they shall be received with open arms.

http://img850.imageshack.us/i/z80.png/

ARE YOU DOING YOUR PART?
FINISH YOUR TRAINING, JOIN TODAY!

As a concerned citizen i offer free blacksmithing services to the cause, where might i drop off supplies, or are donations considered bribe attemps and therefore not permitted?

Atalius

Sorceror
-START FEED-

The department has been flooded with questions for the past few days, from the obvious to the bizarre. For this reason, the sheriff will take reporters' and the general public's questions this Friday:

The Britannia Police Department announces that its first Press Conference will take place this Friday (03/04/11) at 7 PM PST/9 PM CST/10 PM EST.

The press conference will take place in The King's Men Theater, in front of the Conservatory of music, in Britain. This is, of course, located roughly between the West Bank and the graveyard.

The sheriff will be fielding questions and refreshments will be provided afterward. The building has a set maximum occupancy and the fire code prevents us from allowing more people in than is prudent. Like any other law, this will be enforced. All attending officers will be taken off duty for the duration of the conference, to be able to serve their purpose there.

The following is a concerned officer's statement:

" The most frequently asked question seems to be how to join the police force. Young people from all over the globe want to do their part, but most cannot seem to figure out how. Those who can are joining and are very slowly gaining seniority over those who cannot. This should make it more clear:

1) Finish training the skills of your choice to an acceptable level, if you have not yet done so.
2) Talk to an officer near you to join, they will contact the sheriff for you. Officers can be found everywhere but most easily in West Britain Bank.
3) Make sure you have an acceptable name extrapolating from the following guidelines. You can make a donation of $3 to change your name (http://www.uogstore.com/hybrid_store/products.php?product=Character-Name-Change-Deed) or bring someone with a better name:

Absolutely not: PeekayChuu, Rager's Slave's Ghost, asdf555, etc.
No: Black Plague, Purple Rain, General Grievous, Link, etc.
Almost But No: Crimson Sky, etc.
Baaarely: Skye Crimson (that *could* be a name), Maxwell Payne (same).
Exceptions: There are some names that would normally fall in the "no" category, but that would still be acceptable. You can talk to the sheriff about it. If you don't want to risk it, play it safe. It does not have to be a famous cop name, just a name that can pass as respectable. Also, the rulebook is plain to see inside headquarters.
"

ARE YOU DOING YOUR PART?
JOIN TODAY!
FIGHT FOR THE FUTURE!
EARLY SERVICE GUARANTEES SENIORITY!

-INTERRUPT FEED-
Are you on today? My contacts are below if you are...

Decreamos

Sorceror
As the newest member of the force, and being a Dwarf, I must say this is a noble cause. Many criminals have been brought to justice in the short time I've been with the force. We hold ourselves to a strict code of justice. Protecting the innocents of our land has been a great privilege of mine!

TheHawks

Sorceror
You guys para ganked me in brit while I was obviously helping two new people to the shard. So don't pretend to be "protecting innocent", when you deprived two newbs of info and items by being a couple of jack offs. I wasn't stocked or else that shit would not have flown.

Decreamos

Sorceror
How would we have para ganked you in brit unless you were doing criminal activity? Otherwise we would have been guardwacked. As a usual criminal, you cry out innocence.

TheHawks

Sorceror
Lol, yeah I was picking up my welfare check on my red. Personally, my first few interactions with your guild were funny as hell. Drexxan comes running up outa no where spamming "Stop in the name of the the law!" Swinging away with a vanq supreme kat. I was up to no good that time :D. But your guys for sure heard me spam "IM HELPING A NEWB", the other day.

dixie

Sorceror
I guess that's the difference between lawful good and chaotic good. You can still be bad if you follow the rules.

Decreamos

Sorceror
You chose the life of being a criminal. Cant do the time, dont do the crime. If you want to help a new player I'm sure you have, or can create a blue on one of the 4 accounts you are allowed on hybrid.

U3ER PVP

Sorceror
Hello I Was Brought By A Police Officer To You Station. Because I Wanted To Join. He Told Me To Read The Books Which I Did. And I Abide And Respect Them. And he Told Me To Setup A Meeting With The Sheriff I Know U Get On Late At Night. But Can We Do it In The Afternoon. Or Whatever Time Fits Ur Fancy. I Have A Name That You Might Not Like But The Officer Said It Would Be Ok. My Name Is U3ER PVP ... Sorry. Anyways Just Get Back To Me. Thank You.

P.S: No Money For A name change Deed.

P.S.S: Im Always Active Around Brit Bank.

P.S.S.S: Ur Police Officer Died To A Red While We Were Going To The Police Station. And I Killed The Red :D

Decreamos

Sorceror
Wow...first off I did not say your name would be ok. I said you'd have to discuss it with the sheriff. Second off, Poodledo died to the red while you just stood there without x-healing or anything. The criminal was good natured though since he rezd and didnt loot. He will be brought to justice.

-Thibledorf