UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Bring Hybrid back to its Prime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UO Genocide

Wanderer
In roughly 1 week from today I will be starting up an advertisement. I've done some coding to go from youtube gaming videos from most popular to advertise Ultima Online (Hybrid ONLY). This will give everyone details of how to download and screenshots followed by videos of the game in action. I am also making a website to show how many followers we have with us, followed by statistics of a line graph showing the online players, and seeing if I can make a difference. But I'm really tired of sitting around and letting this shard die, and no one doing anything about it. I plan to have the biggest Impact this shard has ever had. The more supporters I have, the easier this will make it on me and the rest of the community. If you're willing to join me and help the community out then 'like' this thread and do the following below while I do the rest.

Heres how you can help:
• Like this below, to show that you support this thread.
• If you have a friend that you played a previous game with, "suggest this game to them"
• Lets stop doing immature things as in 'res killing' and acually trying helping the person out that died. (you don't have to give their loot back to them, just spot them some recalls)
• Chances are, if you tell someone about 'Hybrid' and they "like" the game, odds are they will tell their friends and they will tell their friends which is a reapeating cycle.
• Try having positive feedback to the game, even though there is a lack of competition lets not make post saying how bad the game is. Also, Lets give the GM's a thank-you every once and while, and maybe they will return the favor by hosting more events making it more fun for the community!

Goals that I will try to meet:
- Website that shows the followers, and supporters of Hybrid.
- Number of players online, followed by a line graph showing the progress of the Playerbase.
- Advertisements to many websites and forums.
- A tutorial video on how to install, and how the game mechanics work.
- Will teach any knew player the basics of the game.
- A description of step by step of how to download the game and start their character!

If you support this thread, give it a 'Like' to show you support the community!

sanchen

Knight
Just aim me man maybe then we could also get some alchy duels in. Its about time we dueled

XsanchenX <<< AIM

Uomvp

Knight
I'm not sure how much I can offer besides spreading the word to a few old friends who played this game a long time ago; but man this is fcking awesome!

Lament

Knight
very nice.

i think uogamers needs to team with you and start up some kind of new player program

lets be honest, its pretty overwhelming for new players thinking about starting here from scratch, ive done it a few times..

i say setup a program where new players get regs, potions, housing fairly easily

and all of that needs to be mentioned in the advertisement... like "start up for free".

and no im not kidding. start up for free. unless you want the shard to die. or should i say, die more..

i would help, but i put in my time and gave up a while ago, glad to see someones still hopeful..

good luck

pete liv

Sorceror
[22:18] <Genocide> Lets bring Hybrid back to its Prime! http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/bring-hybrid-back-to-its-prime.488177/
[22:50] <CHIA> i agree
[22:52] <CHIA> i already put this ewrver out to many people ive played with over the years on several servers abyss centuraian iron madin pvp urban warfare to namea few. reallyit comnesdown to the kids at bank scamming newbies for all they have; like dead ted.
[22:53] <CHIA> so you are fighting an uphill battle, unless youspend several days spamming website with un-related tags of uogamers and posting on other player run servers tojoin this one instead

best bet is going back to osi and starting a char on every server spamming at luna bank about hybrids free-ness

hey whatever helps to get more ppl playing again. I think its going to take more then just this. Like less handouts & more events that get ppl out of town & adding new things like bring back chaos/order. Why was that removed in the first place? Maybe add new things to Fishing/Crafting skills. Update the guild stuff more, like so u can change the name of ur abbrev & guild name without having to drop all the members in the guild and make a new one everytime u decide u want to change it. Not sure why that was removed either. Just seems like everyone is focused on new items/new hues rares ect. I think we have enough of that stuff. Lets get more focused on pvp/pking/pvm new options for vendors!

UO Genocide

Wanderer
hey whatever helps to get more ppl playing again. I think its going to take more then just this. Like less handouts & more events that get ppl out of town & adding new things like bring back chaos/order. Why was that removed in the first place? Maybe add new things to Fishing/Crafting skills. Update the guild stuff more, like so u can change the name of ur abbrev & guild name without having to drop all the members in the guild and make a new one everytime u decide u want to change it. Not sure why that was removed either. Just seems like everyone is focused on new items/new hues rares ect. I think we have enough of that stuff. Lets get more focused on pvp/pking/pvm new options for vendors!

How many advertisements do you see of Ultima Online in general? There are hundreds of shards, and Hybrid is one of the most successful. There is NO advertising going on what so ever. But with me putting out hundreds of advertisements, followed by a very orginized video of step by step of downloading and the game mechanics, there should be no reason people shouldnt try it out. And if new people come to the game and like it, then they will have their friends come over and play the game as well!

But to answer your question, I believe this will make a 'huge impact' on the shard.

Yep i think it's a great idea & it's a start! But other stuff is going to need to be done to keep the ppl playing here once they do start.

pfff

Traveler
make wiki for 'new comer' and 'hybrid' players.
Knowledge base is good. but, not covered whole thing.

Actually, I'm doing similar campaign in Korea already.
Good luck.

CBW

Sorceror
I love that you love the game.

Everyone that plays makes this game & server the best it can be.

I want to thank all you players personally for getting out on the field, even outnumbered or over manned.

Even if you lose to a 1v5 or you win with a 4v2 the enjoyment of the game for said individuals is great to come home too.

Playing with your friends or lone wolfing it, just persisting on this server makes it the glue that binds us all to come back.

Its the huge range of simple kind hearten gestures to down right comedic stupidity to total aggression that truly makes this server beautiful.

I <3 UO & I <3 all you

UO Genocide

Wanderer
I love that you love the game.

Everyone that plays makes this game & server the best it can be.

I want to thank all you players personally for getting out on the field, even outnumbered or over manned.

Even if you lose to a 1v5 or you win with a 4v2 the enjoyment of the game for said individuals is great to come home too.

Playing with your friends or lone wolfing it, just persisting on this server makes it the glue that binds us all to come back.

Its the huge range of simple kind hearten gestures to down right comedic stupidity to total aggression that truly makes this server beautiful.

I <3 UO & I <3 all you

We appreciate you being a part of Hybrid!:)

sanchen

Knight
Me and heavy smoker went out on reds today because no one else was out and fought like 2v12 and still had a blast doing it :)

Btw geno you need to hit me up with what you need made.

Status
Not open for further replies.