UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Bola poll

How to fix bola issues..

• Remove bolas completely

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Only players with 0 followers can use a bola.

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Add longer cool downs for bolas.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Leave bolas how they are

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Dexxer skills only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other "please explain"

• Can only carry one bola at a time

• Total voters

crikey

Sorceror
Wouldnt be a bad idea, would give people a reason to pvm also, no one crafts anyway
Id lose a fortune in runic weapons and hammers, but fuck it Id rather have pvmers to hunt in dungeons

Dungeon PKing just aiint much of a thang anymore :(
Miss the days where you could go to any dungeon, even a shit one like ShAME and find 10+ peope on the very first floor

Go on a noob slayiing rampage XD

Little Owl

Wanderer
If it's still possible Heavy, could you add an "other" option. Knowing of the creativity of some players, I assume people will just start putting hidden alt players on foot everywhere with nothing but a bola or two on them.

I think if bolas were completely removed, dump and run tactics and offscreening dexers would be a problematic issue in the future. Just my opinion though.

I definitely think that adding a delay to the time before a pet can start the casting process after dismount would be useful, and if it's true that nightmares became insta-cast by mistake it was a big issue that the staff should have been very quick to fix. That way you have a decent opportunity to disrupt the pet if desired. More of a fix to nightmares (and other casting mounts). Between that and starting to ride a real mount or faction warhorse, I think you'd experience a lot more reasonable results.

Last edited:

crikey

Sorceror
If it's still possible Heavy, could you add an "other" option. Knowing of the creativity of some players, I assume people will just start putting hidden alt players on foot everywhere with nothing but a bola or two on them.

I think if bolas were completely removed, dump and run tactics and offscreening dexers would be a problematic issue in the future. Just my opinion though.

I definitely think that adding a delay to the time before a pet can start the casting process after dismount would be useful, and if it's true that nightmares became insta-cast by mistake it was a big issue that the staff should have been very quick to fix. That way you have a decent opportunity to disrupt the pet if desired. More of a fix to nightmares (and other casting mounts). Between that and starting to ride a real mount or faction warhorse, I think you'd experience a lot more reasonable results.
offscreening dexxers is the smart way to play a dexxer ;)

I did not vote in this poll. if there was an "other" option, i wouldve voted. However: I think the poll was meant to be heavily biased

YES to adding a delay

or just make nightmares uNTRAINABLE XD

As far as disrupting mares, a DP katana or a DP kryss works very very well for that ;)

Little Owl

Wanderer
I actually enjoy fighting tamers as long as it stays 1v1. A long time ago, I would often bring out a bard template anytime I saw Irina's (I think) two mares and peacemake or discord them. I had a bit of an unusual hatred for seeing them, even though those folks didn't loot people to my knowledge. With the changes that I have seen to peacemaking and discord, I have a suspicion that there was an effort to make PVP tamers lives easier, most likely not by mistake. I do tend to believe in a lot of conspiracy theories though.

kookiemonsta

Sorceror
When the fuck is hybrid armor and the Int helms / stun shields / blessed weapons going to be removed ?
This was suppose to happen already,

It's like the staff make a poll. Get the answer. Say what will be removed. Do nothing.
Solid A+ for you.

Instead: lets make hybrid armor add 25 str/int/dex per item, BUT when you wear it you loss 25 cooking and have a change of being teleported back to your house with 5m check in your backpack

kdivers

Knight
On the topic of wands:
https://uogamers.slack.com/archives/hybrid/p1464451523010647

And as for bolas go, I think they should also be (noticeably) heavier (4 stones is not enough) and also require 100.0 tactics to use them instead of 80.0. This will limit the number they can carry and force people to make more of a commitment to the build. They shouldn't be spammed like purple potions, in my opinion.

Also, 0 followers would make them essentially useless unless you plan on chasing people down on foot

When the fuck is hybrid armor and the Int helms / stun shields / blessed weapons going to be removed ?
This was suppose to happen already,

It's like the staff make a poll. Get the answer. Say what will be removed. Do nothing.
Solid A+ for you.

Instead: lets make hybrid armor add 25 str/int/dex per item, BUT when you wear it you loss 25 cooking and have a change of being teleported back to your house with 5m check in your backpack
Think ryan hired gms like telemarketers. They have a little book and if it's not in there they just say a vague statement such as we are listening to all suggestions. It has literally become a joke to even try to make this shard better. Your input means jack shit to these gms. I done trying to help, all it does is waste my time.

Maybe they will really fuck the shard up and I'll finally just cut my losses and drop my houses/ delete chars

Bola's have a pretty solid history here.
But that was with wands on the move.

How about a wind up, like 1.5 seconds *X begins to swing a bola*, *throws instantly*
Never felt right.

If we completely get rid of bolas, wand's are stationary only, soon people will ask for no stamina loss.

Then at that point why not go play uof? More population and instant swing option in the pits.