UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Bell of Courage

Amerigo

Sorceror
Not to be "that guy", but a lot of the people in this thread are individuals that own them. Given that this item's model is the same as the handout bells that go for 20k, and it's general size, I don't think it'd go for 2m.

Neppg

Sorceror
Not to be "that guy", but a lot of the people in this thread are individuals that own them. Given that this item's model is the same as the handout bells that go for 20k, and it's general size, I don't think it'd go for 2m.
I agree.

But.

When you have large amounts of money to spend and you want something cool to put on the table in your castle/whatever you live in, you wont choose the holiday bell because you care what it says when someone clicks it. You don't want people to click it and go, "Bah, just a holiday bell". You want people to react more like "Holy shit, Bell of Courage, never heard of it, holy bananas this guy is filthy rich!"

(And most of the rich players on the server care about their reputation as a rich person.)

But when a poor player has to make the same decision, he wont even consider spending 2M on a bell because he can buy one for 20k.

That way, only people interested for such items are rich players, who are willing to spend the required money for it. Which makes the bell worth what it's worth.

Just my thoughts.

Roxxer

Sorceror
I agree with that, but for now the only people I know that have one are at the least, decently wealthy. Just like in real life, if there is something that people would want but there are not a whole bunch of them, then the people who do own them get to set the price. For example... If I were to own the highest priced painting in the world which as of now is Paul Cezanne's "The Card Player's" which sold for 250 million, I would set the price high. 250 million in my opinion is a fucking retarded amount to ever pay for a painting. But the thing is, someone agreed to pay that much for it, even though it will just sit on a wall for years and years.

The bottom line I think to this Price Check is that there is no definite answer. If I'm ever to sell the bell, it wont have a set price, I'll let it go as high as the buyers want it to go. The price will be based on how much they buyer wants it. 2.5 mil is just a standard price, who's to say it couldn't fetch more.....or less?