UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

because

Whatever98

Squire
that's on a well built mage :)
good jerb :p

the dps of top level characters will generally be that high, goes for archers too, tamers with hell hound pack, sampires, etc.
all im saying is it's a competitive level of damage, it's pros and cons for different situations beyond that, just depends what you want

and i could squeeze some more damage out of the build by getting 20+ di on my ring and brac (currently only have 9di out of a possible 50), + that other 6% mana leech ;)
then hit spell for absolute max dps capacity for the build (still only a 3 mod sword)

hickman48

Knight
that's on a well built mage :)
good jerb :p

the dps of top level characters will generally be that high, goes for archers too, tamers with hell hound pack, sampires, etc.
all im saying is it's a competitive level of damage, it's pros and cons for different situations beyond that, just depends what you want

and i could squeeze some more damage out of the build by getting 20 di on my ring and brac (currently only have 9di out of a possible 50), + that other 6% mana leech ;)

yea im not finished yet also missing 5 eval and scrapper slayers only plane slayers right now so daemon and undead are missing 25 sdi and 5-7 sdi on my gear i should also switch over to elf just to use spellwoven leggings for 10% more sdi but that would mean id have to switch out few more pices of gear.

Diz

Wanderer
Yeah, killing monsters in a game 20 yrs old is so much fucking fun!

You must be great at parties.

Also, learn to math, unless you're in some sort of time machine... in which case, you could just use it to go back to a time when you weren't a total jackass.

Whatever98

Squire
well it's not, you're kinda right, that's why i dont hunt a lot these days tbh
still it's pretty good fun with a warrior, at least you're not standing around pressing the same key every few seconds, or just looping a macro
i mean look the paragon balron fight, i die cos i get careless, but it was still really good fun :)
part of why i like the build so much is cos it's very dynamic

building the character is fun :)
puzzling out the stats and gear is fun :)
finding the items is fun :)
socializing with people is fun :)
trading is fun :)
building epic castle is fun :)
gambling is fun (ie. runic hammers, random drops on high level monsters) :)
making a shop is fun :)
collecting rares is fun :)
etc
etc

there's loads of elements to the game, i kind of agree tho, killing monsters is not the biggest fun part of the game for me these days, hoping it will be again when i finish my build and can take on some more challenging mobs

but i've always thought the most fun part of uo is the start when you're building your first characters and trying to get loads of stuff

Last edited:

Whatever98

Squire
when i get the undead slayer, if i also get the jewels im looking for (with 20+di), i'll be able to hit shadow knights for around 150 damage a swing, if that was 1 swing a second, 10 seconds = 1500 damage, 13 second = 2000 damage. +25% cos it's 1.25 swing not 1.00

so like 16 seconds to down a shadow knight. :giggle:
it'd probably be more like 20

oh hang on shadow knights are only like 50-60 base damage (that would bump to like 65-75 with di jewels - was working it out from df/impaler/abyssal damage), so it would be a bit longer, cba working it all out again, you get the idea tho. it might even take up to 35, 40 seconds :eek:
probably somewhere around 30

i do accept it wont out damage a full spec sampire tho, cos double axe also has the double strike special, along with a higher base damage and bushido bonus. but i dont think the drop is *too* bad, and it's a lot easier to make up the extra mods when you dont need the ssi and stam, it's still *possible* to do it with sampire tho, but *extremely* difficult, indika's sampire probably has a lot of that extra stuff, which is why he is so strong compared to most other sampires - taking all your armour pieces from excellent to epic can give you an entire extra mod at it's cap (that's what im currently trying to do with my jewelry and di)

it's things like i would only need mana leech and slayer to get the max dps, sampire would need mana leech slayer, and ssi. but that would out damage me. if i got the third mod of hit spell it might close the gap a chunk, but again, the sampire could get the 4th mod of hit spell. same with hld, but sampire can get more mods than i can because they can get 5 damage adding mods, i can only get 4, so they can potentially have more dps at max gear. but it'd be ridiculously hard to get. i'd balance this with fc1 on it for better defence instead of the ssi, but that fc1 doesn't have much bearing on my actual dps, where the third mod does massively for sampire and is also actually necessary. so it's pros and cons innit

it diverses a lot tho when you put it into actual combat scenarios because most aren't as straight forward as doom bosses, i like them because they're like a benchmark to me. you cant really predict actual combat results precisely because there are too many variables, all you can do is test the theoretical build and see how it performs.

Last edited:

hickman48

Knight
Idk how your doing your math but 20% di will not give you 15-20 damage with a low base damage weapon like a katana

also bush does not help double strike only whilrwind

Whatever98

Squire
mana leech helps double strike, and double stike helps mana leech, because every double strike gives 2 procs, doubling the leech chance. with di this will fill your mana bar and you can chain it. the di multiplies post damage calculation because you are hitting twice, this dodges the di caps and effectively doubles the di bonus.

+5 on a hit from whatever DI, 2 hits = 2 x +5 damage from whatever DI = +10 damage from whatever DI

that's how im doing my maths

in actuality you dont double strike EVERY hit, that's the ideal and you try get your leech, lmc, and mana pool to the point where you can. but it will average out from +5 on a normal hit and +10 on a double strike, to around +7.5 overall

but that's how the +5 becomes more. and i can tell you for a fact because i HAVE a looted demon slayer that i have been using for the last few years, and have now got a crafted one with 40%di, EXACTLY how much 40% di has put the damage up by, and it's around 15-20 per hit, BEFORE the mana leech multiplier

++
it's like what my character is built around man :p
i've been twiddling with it for years lol, i know how it works ;)

this is all premature tho, i need to get my jewels and undead slayer to really test it's true potential. in all honesty i dont know how it's gonna measure up to end game sampire at end game, but im hoping it's as good, and seems fairly on track

i really dont wanna change the essence of calvin cos he's still essentially the same character i shared with my brother back on europa, just much much much stronger. it's not epic narcissism btw, my name's not calvin, it's callum, my brother's name is vincent, so you get why the character is called Calvin ;)
tbh the sentimental value is a large part of why i stubbornly refused to adopt bushido and necro.
since the release of radiant scimitar it's really not a big deal tho (but does require life leech and mana leech, where samp only needs mana, etc. but that's a whole other area lol)

Last edited:

hickman48

Knight
mana leech helps your over all damge not per hit damage you should stop adding that into your calculations if you are at 120 tactics anatomy and str your at 280% di from suit / spells and you pick up the last 20% di on your suit / spells then you pick up 13 on your max damage on a single swing not 15-25

Also this is base damage so you have to count that mobs have resist most around 50% dark knight lowest without crops is 55% energy so picking up 13 base damage would actully only be 6 more points of damage per swing.

Diz

Wanderer