UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Bard/Tamer?

Khaiyne

Wanderer
Bard/Tamer?

Hi All,

I've just joined Demise. I've never played a bard before and I'm used to playing a tamer but I thought I might try and combine the two.

So far I have:

GM Animal Lore
GM Peacemaking
GM Provocation
DM Musicianship

I was going to then GM Taming and Magery.

That leaves on skill for me and I think I may have planned this wrong. I can either have meditation or vet. I'm leaning towards vet to heal my pet and using peace and provo to defend myself. I've always played a Mage/Tamer though so I need advice. Does the following template make sense? Any suggestions?

Animal Lore
Peacemaking
Provo
Music
Taming
Magery
Vet

Getheborn

Wanderer
Re: Bard/Tamer?

the standard template for tamer/peacer is
120 taming
120 lore
120 vet
120 music
120 peace
100 magery

so u can cut magery and vet to 80 ( magery - for cast gate , vet - to rez ur pet )
u can also cut taming ( i thing 110 is enought for everything ) and lore ( i think 115 is good )

I perfer discord to peace making. 120 discord drops anything with less then 160 barding dif. by 28 and every at 160 by 14 = more damage. Peace is good for taming pets but after u get ur ru bonded its not really all that usefull.

Khaiyne

Wanderer

Thanks guys. I notice no one said to keep provo so maybe I'll drop it for the others.

Dollpartz

Squire

Why on earth would you need provo on a tamer?
The template is good, except you should drop provo for peace or disco.

On another note, I heard that placing a tameable pet under the disco spell brings it's stats down once you've tamed it? I don't know whether this is true or not.. anybody want to clear this up for me?

Enlightener

Sorceror

Provo is awessome in a tamer, imho its much better than pace

this is my template

102 taming ( to control the hiryu)
110 lore
110 vet
120 disco
115 music
100 magery
50 medit

With this template i can kill para balron and para bloods and its good enough for doom.
Take in acount that the buddy it only have 2-3 post, so i guess you are new.
my recomendation?, first make a tailor to get money selling bods ( bulk order deeds), and then buy the necesary PSs ( taming, lore, etc...).

to train the pj, lock everything but taming, and start taming like crazy. In ice island you can raise taming till 80 (app), then swith with bulls and gamans.

Good luck and have pacience.... lots of pacience

Khaiyne

Wanderer

Thanks Enlightener. Very new to Demise, finding it difficult to get started. I was a seer on a very small shard the last time I played UO about 2 years ago, much easier to get skills that way ;)

Darkblaze

Wanderer

Enlightener;427498 said:
Provo is awessome in a tamer, imho its much better than pace

this is my template

110 lore
110 vet
120 disco
115 music
100 magery
50 medit

Why med and why is magery at 100? wouldent you take peace? with peace you can freeze the taget from attacking?

Enlightener

Sorceror

the thing is Pacemaking has a timer (10 seconds) and disco has none, besides, when you are hunting id love to see some one pace a paragon balron or a blood paragon in the first try (160 bard dificult). Discordance reduce the resistances and the skills in 25/28 porcent (i dont remember), meaning that the pet can kill the monster more easy.
Magery is at 100 just because the Resurection, and med is at 50 because some time you have to spam the heals or greater heals.

and i had pace, but i used it to tame one of every pet i needed ( a min of 4.0 in the power pet calculator) and replace it with disco later

WhiteZero

Sorceror

I'm going to res this thread to get more opinions on Enlightener's build, since I'm considering it.
110 lore
110 vet
120 disco
115 music
100 magery
50 medit

That leaves 13 points left over to get higher taming, lore, whatever.

beaverman

Wanderer

I have been reading over a lot of the templates posted. I was originally going to go for:

Animal Lore 100
Animal Taming 100
Eval Intel 100
Music 100
Peace 100
Magery 100
Meditation 100

With this build I can use magery to rez and heal my pet, as well as dish out damage of my own. Plus i have escapability with peace and ease of taming difficult pets. For solo hunting is this viable? or am i missing something?

Gisela

Bug Hunter

You are missing vet. Unfortunately, you cannot rez pets with magery. Most would drop the eval for it.

Facko

Sorceror

Dollpartz;427423 said:
On another note, I heard that placing a tameable pet under the disco spell brings it's stats down once you've tamed it? I don't know whether this is true or not.. anybody want to clear this up for me?

using any form of paralysis on a tamable monster to tame it is what reduces the skills/stats further once you've tamed it. disco just wears off.

Maltim

Wanderer

Having provocation on a tamer is excellent for larger paragons or large spawn areas or (eventually) peerless. Any mobs that would be attacking you and your pet are damaging the main target rather than you, your pet or standing still with peace. That means faster kills, more loot, less bandages used/needed and all around more efficient. Not only that...it's also just fun. PLUS, if your target turns off your pet and onto the mob, the mob is damaged as well...even more golden, and you get credit for the kill.

If you can squeeze in provocation and discordance, you are golden, as Discordance will further increase the amount of damage the target takes...together they're just damned ridiculous

120 Taming
120 Lore
110 Vet
120 Music
120 Provocation
120 Discordance
...magery...

this assumes some +skill jewels in there somewhere. Probably in a lot of places ;) It's completely viable on OSI, perhaps not so much here.

beaverman

Wanderer

Ahh ok, that makes sense then. So Taming, Lore, Music, Peace, vet and like 70-80 Magery/Meditation/resist

mordredrs

Sorceror

You can use this template at the very beginning, until you get some nice pets (4 or higher in pet calculator), after that, drop peacemaking and go with:

Taming - 110 (for greater dragon)
Lore - 110
Veterinary - 100
Magery - 100
Music - 120
Disco OR Provo - 120 (okay, PS is very expensive)
Meditation - whatever is the rest

*Provo => works best in champion spawns and the mobs in perlees.
*Disco => works best with high ending bosses or hard monsters with good loot.

IMO, disco is more usefull, cos you'll hardly stand alone in a champion spawn or perlee (in perlee is almost certain death);

Is very important the suit for this template, choose: Luck and lower mana cost and everything will be alright. Get some jewelry with FC and FCR, but once you dont have a high use for magery the FC, FCR and LRC isn't a "must have".

Maltim

Wanderer

beaverman;585708 said:
Ahh ok, that makes sense then. So Taming, Lore, Music, Peace, vet and like 70-80 Magery/Meditation/resist

Resist is only needed if you intend to PVP as a tamer. If you do that, you'll need more than 80 mage/med/resist. Much more ;)

Med is great pvm...if you have EI...you won't really spam any spells if you don't have EI...and EI is pretty much a waste for a nonpvp tamer. Enough mana regen items will do just fine. Against mobs that poison, you may find yourself curing or ghealing, but even with 50 med you'll be just fine.

A mage tamer can be fun, but bard tamer performs exponentially better PVM