UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Balron slaying strategy?

Stevian

Wanderer
Re: Balron slaying strategy?

Succubi can kill untrained dragons too, its no suprise balrons can. How do I know? I provoked the two against each other, and then had a near dead very pissed succubi after me. XD

It died though, it just suprised me. o_o I remember when I started playing Dragons were the epitome of monster slaying, and seeing that winged female human looking monster chomp it, made me giggle. Eee. ^_^

Stevian

Wanderer

Oh, heres a really gimp strategy I used when hunting in destard before I was any good. I'd drive by poison drakes and go invisible, then repeat until they died, it was the most fun i've ever had. Probably because of the adrenaline XD

TheRemedy

Sorceror

I use a dragon, and ride a mare. I sick dragon on it, and try to peace, then sick mare on it, both are pretty highly trained. I have to heal in between vet aids, but even if I don't get the peace off, I usually kill the balron. They can be peaced, and usually are peaced easier when their health gets a little lower imo.

nfef

Wanderer

52% chance to peace with exceptional instrument, works for me.

With 2 people peacing you don't even need to vet, they never break peace.

Stevian

Wanderer

Balron compared to the ancient lich? The lich won't last too long. I have found that besides champions, balrons are some of the hardest monsters in the entire game, I don't find much that is stronger than them.

D

djstepanek

ancient liches are really easy for a dexxer with a decent silver weapon, balrons are hard for anyone :p

Stevian

Wanderer

Indeed, I think im going to log in now on Virtuoso and hang out in Wind for a while. XD I was forced into PvP by a pk named Red Bull yesterday, he learned his lesson though. ^_^ Next time someone gets the wise idea to wall of stone wind, they will find I have dispel field up now. XD

nfef

Wanderer

Stevian said:
Balron compared to the ancient lich? The lich won't last too long. I have found that besides champions, balrons are some of the hardest monsters in the entire game, I don't find much that is stronger than them.

Well after testing this for a couple hours today.. for my build at least the lich is infinitely harder. The balron is stronger yes, far stronger. But I can peace the balron, that takes a huge load off vet time. The lich on the other hand is 100% vet.

For a melee sure the lich might be easier, but you're not going to be soloing either of them anyway so don't worry about it.

Both easilly soloed by a tamer/peace even with a fresh pet not trained in the least.

D

djstepanek

you can solo ancient liches with a dexxer npnp, you don't need peacemaking or anything either, just throw up reflect and have at it.

Stevian

Wanderer

You can peace ancient liches too. o_O if you want proof go to Imbus to the city of the dead, there is a single Ancient lich that spawns in the mage room. Bring a silver instrument and click peacemaking and click the lich. Peace'd lich. XD

nfef

Wanderer

Chance to peace AL with normal instrument: 0%
Chance to peace AL with except instrument: 8.2%
Chance to peace AL with silver instrument: 18.2%

Not what i'd call reliable. :)

Chance to peace balron with normal instrument: 41%
Chance to peace balron with excep instrument: 51%
Chance to peace balron with demonslaying instrument: 61%

Stevian

Wanderer

But it is true though from the knowledge that ancient liches are harder to peace than balrons, it only makes sense that the game designers would make balrons easier to peace so someone could actually kill them, as opposed to making them champions.

nfef

Wanderer

The real question is why would you even bother killing balrons? =/

Their loot is so pathetic compared to their difficulty.. it's not even worth it. They really need to be given a loot increase, considering how hard they are and how few of them there are in the world. It's not like you can farm balrons..

Stevian

Wanderer

For me its mainly just the "I can and not many others can" factor. Im not the best at PvP and probably never will be, and my Lord Virtuoso character got smacked down protecting miners in Minoc, so I went back to Wind and took revenge on the dragons, succubi, daemons and balrons until I felt satisfied. ^.^

They also drop magic leather that helps. XD

I think i've found the most gimp strategy. Provoke daemons onto balron, and peace balron, of course since your not always gonna succeed its going to kill the daemons, but eventually it'll wear it down. XD

It's funny to me anyway, no pets required, just luck as well as persistance. ^.^

I know this thread is old but it doesnt seem anyone answered what a summer wind slayer item is for.... Its for against snow elementals not air....

Killer Queen

Sorceror

Stevian;730961 said:
*Cries* But air elementals are snacky cakes, why'd I get an instrument that makes them easy? :<

I got a slayer bow that is snakes bane or something like that.... Unless it works on Ophidians too I can't say I'm too scared of snakes. :> As for Balrons, yes they can be peaced, especially with an excorcism instrument.

As for Summer Wind, its for snow eles, but I have never failed to peace those things with only an excep instrument.

ive developed a fool proof method of killing balrons

all you need is a nightmare and a dragon/ww

stand behind a wall and use command: drop on your ww so he starts wandering around. this is so the balron will target it. once the balron targets your ww you apply bandages every 5 seconds and have the mare attack also and just keep trying to peace. eventually youll get one and the fucker will be dead in about a minute. . . 30 seconds with trained pets