UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Balron slaying strategy?

Stevian

Wanderer
Balron slaying strategy?

I've been messing with Balron's lately, on a bard/mage. While I know its *possible* to kill one with this template, I usually get scared and run off, for the pure reason the first time I was brave, but I got smacked in the face.

I usually have around 15-20 AR and a knack for carrying near broken instruments that break exactly at *cough* the right time! 100/Str/Int and 25 Dex, 92 provoke GM all other mage and bard skills except discordance.

Anyone have a strategy for these things? Im not fond of tamers for the pure reason pets are slow. XD *Hopes someone has found a flawless way to fight balrons*

For those who may know them under a different name, they're the super version of daemons, usually grey in color and named such of "Collector of Souls" or "The Slayer" etc.

Jam-hybrid

Knight
Re: Balron slaying strategy?

They're impossible to peace or provoke, don't bother with a bard. Really, I think tamers with highly trained dragons/WW's are the only one that can take these things on.

Stevian

Wanderer

Hm, I still get the "You fail to tame xyz" as compared to the bogthing "You have no possible chance of taming this creature!"

Maybe I need a demon slaying instrument, and maybe those two stooge daemons guarding it could be turned on its master.

P.S. I got a really nifty Summer Wind instrument off a shadow wyrm the other day, does anyone know what "Summer Wind" effects?

Stevian

Wanderer

*Cries* But air elementals are snacky cakes, why'd I get an instrument that makes them easy? :<

D

djstepanek

there is a balron damnation slayer, I gave one to someone the other day :/

Stevian

Wanderer

;/ At least that statement tells me that they exist, where'd you get it? ^_^;

D

djstepanek

someone gave me like 80 slayers a few months back :/ I threw out all the ones except for elemental and demon slayers.

Stevian

Wanderer

I can understand why, thats for sure, most are easy enough to take down with anything you can find ^_^;

I haven't found a slayer weapon yet, but im finding tons of ID wands, vanqs and perfects. ^_^

They're good for my dexxer anyway, on a second account so my bard can protect him. XD

Stevian

Wanderer

You try to peacemake a succubus, but fail. (Has done this many times before, mind you) You are dead. Super Saiyan Rage *Rages like the german kid in that video* ><

Stevian

Wanderer

XD I got revenge on it, it killed the dragon I provoked onto it. Roflcakes :> But it killed tons of tamers since I wasn't controlling the succubi on account of being ghosted. (Tons being 2 tamers, 1 white wyrm and two unicorns) I even recovered my corpse, revenge is sweet ^_^

BryanJ

Wanderer

Jam said:
I think tamers with highly trained dragons/WW's are the only one that can take these things on.

I was playing my archer and with 2 other archers and we could manage a balron. Takes organization, but thankfully the balron likes to change targets a lot.

Stevian

Wanderer

OMG Don't you know it? I swear provoking other monsters of balron caliber are a pain as well, and since im flying solo, its a bit lethal if im not paying attention, and im using normal, cheap, storebought weapons. (For the uninformed, the worst possible idea, no idea how I manage)

Danowar

Wanderer

yeah, I was the one that got the balron damnation instrument. do you have aim? I could give it to you.

Stevian

Wanderer

^_^ I'd rather just know where you found it so I can challenge myself to find and obtain it ^_^

As for AIM, to be strictly honest, its for my close friends and girls only. Sorry T_T

D

djstepanek

I'll give you exceptional instruments, they help quite a bit.

Stevian

Wanderer

^_^ I don't want to be a burdon on anyone now, but I appreciate the kindness, and im not on game since im here right now, however if you want to find me my characters name is "Lord Virtuoso, Inhabitant of Wind, Grandmaster Bard"

The lord title varies though as soon as I get it, I get pegged in my fame and ghosted. >_> I spend so much time in Wind I should have that title anyway, bwahaha. :3

Gary HK

Sorceror

Jam said:
They're impossible to peace or provoke, don't bother with a bard. Really, I think tamers with highly trained dragons/WW's are the only one that can take these things on.

Um..I did use my dragon to deal with this nasty creature one time, and my dragon's hp was decreased in a crazy speed..I swear I am not going to do this stupid action again.. -_-|||

Stevian

Wanderer

They are nasty beings, but they're peacable and provokable. its their melee that does the most damage. They do 50 damage per strike on a player character in 15 AR, and that doesn't account for their magic. However with two energy bolts I had decreased its life force by 5% percent. I saw two tamers try the collector of souls once. It came after me inside wind and since I didn't have the patience to play with it I called the guards. One got upset with me and of course threatened me. I told him it'll respawn in about 5 minutes and not to let his panties get in a bunch. Some people ^_^;