UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

anyone play great lakes around 97-2001ish?

Fides

Sorceror
Re: anyone play great lakes around 97-2001ish?

Elric[GoD];2158134 said:
That was not the Ian Black that was in B*C. That particular Ian Black was Mulhulan The Red, who was real life friends with Ian Black. Ian Black, before he quit UO, actually brought some respect to B*C. He had given his account to Mulhulan before he passed away.

I believe that screenshot was from 2002? Maybe 2001.

VC hated B*C they couldnt pvp without their pets. They used to gate in like 10 ppl with dragons/mares to Ho Chi's house....we were like srsly?

Elric[GoD]

Wanderer

Fides;2158237 said:
VC hated B*C they couldnt pvp without their pets. They used to gate in like 10 ppl with dragons/mares to Ho Chi's house....we were like srsly?

yeah, I think any pvp guild on GL had to deal with B*C pulling those stunts at some point or another.

I remember setting up an 8 vs 8 guild fight with Sir Bart one time. Everything was looking good. Each side had 8 outside Wrong. I knew better than to trust Bart, given his past record, but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

It wasn't 2 seconds after the fight started, 2-3 gates popped up around us and tamers came pouring out. I think there were probably 15-20 dragons and wyrms going at us.

Even when I was tagged with DOC back during the B*C/WiD Vs. DOC/GoD wars, during the HUGE fight we had outside Despise, they tried using dragons, but we still won in the end.

jessen13

Sorceror

I'd probably give a year's salary for one more year of good UO like we had back then.

Fides

Sorceror

Elric[GoD];2158432 said:
yeah, I think any pvp guild on GL had to deal with B*C pulling those stunts at some point or another.

I remember setting up an 8 vs 8 guild fight with Sir Bart one time. Everything was looking good. Each side had 8 outside Wrong. I knew better than to trust Bart, given his past record, but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

It wasn't 2 seconds after the fight started, 2-3 gates popped up around us and tamers came pouring out. I think there were probably 15-20 dragons and wyrms going at us.

Even when I was tagged with DOC back during the B*C/WiD Vs. DOC/GoD wars, during the HUGE fight we had outside Despise, they tried using dragons, but we still won in the end.

lmao good shit man thx for the screenshots
i love oldschool uo pics

My irl friend was Tallanvor/Mat Cauthon-OSC original former GoD member
He introduced me to UO when it first came out and I would sit by him all hours of the day and watch him play, until I was able to start my own account on Chesapeake.
Even watching him play as a kid, I remember so many names on Great Lakes...Especially Elric and Silk
I'm still friends with Tallanvor irl... we both live in Atlanta, he's alive and doing very well.

Shivarr

Wanderer
Yeah I played on GL then. My name was Shivarr and I was part owner of a shop named, "The Little Shop of Horrors."

Tiggius

Wanderer
Wow soo many names I remember, and some pics of me from back then in some fights!
Tiggius / Whitey / Abstract / I forget but a lot more names too, I don't even remember what guilds soo many tho
What up Elric! Wheres Mad Martigan/Arkanis ??

ya I played GL from 97 to 2001, even checked it out in 2004ish for whatever reason (free month), noticed it turned to crap. I played GL when GL was called "Central" heheh, that was the name of GL during the beta, only existed on there like 2 days prior to official launch. I was the 1st Order Lord on GL, if that title means anything anymore, the 1st one w/ an Order Shield, prior to guildstones, they did a reputation wipe and I happened to be a Glorious Lord that just died, the wipe didn't affect me because I was dead, hence, no reputation, rez'd, killed a few things, while everyone was working from scratch I was the 1st Glorious Lord again back from the wipe heheh, anyway... name was a few things doesn't matter... my guild's initials were TMC... a small guild I founded, but mind you the 50th guild ever formed in UO's existence, have a print out from moongates.com's old school guild roster to prove it heheheh......

Seven Jr

Sorceror
I played from '98 to '01, I was little known because I never really got a good grip on the game (Young and impatient) But I played my time in Minoc under PyRo and Enigma, Raven Bloodrock.

My brother played as HazE but he's playing LoL these days....

Krystallia

Wanderer
I don't recall many from G-L but I do remember Elric (are you currently or were G&G here?).. and Rolex and a few other names mentioned. I was in M-N tho I honestly have no clue why I was let in.. I was a complete newb just starting out! I was in awe of the game/guild pretty much and you guys helped me learn a lot about pvp! I am not sure why you were so tolerant unless it was because I was female? lol I believe my name back then was Desiderada (Des). What I remember most were the massive outdoor battles we'd have with other guilds.. the lag was soooooooooooo horrid I swear you could cast heal and it would take five full minutes or more before it actually cast or so it seemed.. took that long to realize you were dead too. I believe I switched servers after M-N disbanned. I think I recall a guy named Incenerous too? Before M-N there was a guy that took me under his wing but for the life of me I couldn't recall his name.. he was not a pvper however.. sheesh, it's been too long!

sindoc

Sorceror
MARTY WTF ARE YOU DOING HERE?! and Pyro whats up? it's Sin. send me a msg on aim sometime.. intoxhype hows nate?

Technique69

Wanderer
Lol wow... This brings back a lot of memories! Was Kristanna/Kalyndria from FS! when Nirvana ran it (before Furby/Necro), Ran with SabbathCD and others... lol@Ho Chi. Anyone remember StarBreeze (sp?) What's up Scooby and Siegfried! I finally got banned for stealing a blessed vanq short spear.

Er edit: Re-DLing the client now, been quite a while since I played. Played some other free shards few years back (UOMurder, Academy of War)

Navoxx

Wanderer
Yup, I played on GL and I remember all that. =)
Just started playing UO again on Hybrid not even 48 hours ago.
It'd be neat to get more oldskool peeps and my DOC/SOB/TOC buddies back. =)

Peon-FS!

Wanderer
Hahahaha. Wow. Too many memories of everyone... Crazy Scriby, hahahahaha. Weren't you from overseas somewhere? :)

Elric, I miss you. TONYMONTANA I miss you. I miss all of you guys. I'm all nostalgic right now. I miss UO... what a blast that was. I hope all of you guys are doing well. We should get some sort of IRC chat or something? haha

Peon-FS!, formerly Peon-7x, formerly Peon-==D
AKA Joe

love you guys