UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Another phishing attempt

Cronus

and his amazing friends
Another phishing attempt

If you get an email that looks like this, don't respond to it. Demise staff will never, ever, ask you for your password. If you receive any email claiming to be from a Demise staff member that asks for your password please sent it along with full email headers to staff (at) uodemise (dot) com

If you already received an email like this and actually responded to it, please log into Demise as soon as possible and change your password, then send an email to staff (at) uodemise (dot) com with the account names only (not passwords) of the accounts that you divulged.

Sample message as follows:

To: <your address here>
Subject: UOGamers: Demise Account ManagementĂ˝
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:55:52 +0000

Dear UOGamers: Demise player,

It has come to our attention that forum members who display their e-mail address may be at risk of losing access to their accounts. Please change this setting on the forum as soon as possible, as making this feature unavailable will take some time. To ascertain that your accounts have not already been unauthorisedly accessed, please complete the following form to prove that you are still in control of your account(s).

Account name:
Password:

Account name:
Password:

Account name:
Password:

Your password will be reset and a new temporary key sent to your e-mail address to heighten security.

Thank you,
The UOGamers: Demise Administration Team
http://www.uodemise.com

Re: Another phishing attempt

I got that e-mail a few days ago. Replied with this:

"OH hey! Thanks for keeping me updated! Here's my info!

Account 1: suckmydickyoustupidpissant
Password: Gogethitbyabusirl

it was something like that anyways

Now, now, Eby... There's more tactful ways around that. When asked for a password (or supplying something that I predict will be stolen) I use something like "tinyurl.com/g5nk", in hopes that they might try visiting that site to see what it is.

MAJOR WARNING: DO *NOT* GO TO THAT WEBSITE! I HOLD NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU DO!

pbguy434

Knight

ParagonDancer;306008 said:
I got that e-mail a few days ago. Replied with this:
I wish I was half as brilliant as you are. And King, if it is anything less than the pain series, I will be quite disappointed!

pbguy434;306021 said:
I wish I was half as brilliant as you are. And King, if it is anything less than the pain series, I will be quite disappointed!
Fine, if you want to know: it's Goatse. :p

pbguy434;306021 said:

does anybody have an opinion on this that isn't banned?

Howl

Sorceror

Ah crap I gave him my account info...

Lost a whole 2K and newbie clothes :(

hickman48

Knight

Nottheking;306011 said:
Now, now, Eby... There's more tactful ways around that. When asked for a password (or supplying something that I predict will be stolen) I use something like "tinyurl.com/g5nk", in hopes that they might try visiting that site to see what it is.

i whent to it now im cleaing up vomit

hickman48;307964 said:
Don't say I didn't warn you. :(

If you were really interested, you could've just read where I said it was "goatse" and then looked it up on Wikipedia...

pbguy434

Knight

hickman48;307964 said:
You mean to tell me that people actually find these images shocking still? I'm not even sure if Goatse would be considered a shock image anymore. I guess you, sir, proved me wrong.

jrhather

Wanderer
Look what I found....

Sent : September 28, 2007 10:23:09 PM
To :
Subject : In regards to your UOGamers: Demise prize.

| | | Inbox

Hello, Chesiron!

Congratulations on winning your own pair of earrings! From here, you have a few choices - just remember these are account bound! We both know that you have gotten past the hard part, and it is all downhill from here. Just reply with the rest of the page filled out, and enjoy being one of a kind!

Type of earrings you want (5 HCI, 5 SDI, or 5 DCI) for account one:
Account one:
Password one:

Type of earrings you want (5 HCI, 5 SDI, or 5 DCI) for account two:
Account two:
Password two:

Thank you for participating! If you are not Chesiron, you might not want to disregard this Email. Suppose that Chesiron does not reply to this message, you might just people to get a pair yourself!

Good luck.

gee....i think i'll reply.... HA!

I find it retarded that people have fallen for this shit.

If you end up filling out these apps, you need to do the following in THIS EXACT ORDER.

1. Realize what you've done.
2. Freak out and tell staff what you've done.
3. Realize that staff pointed this out to you SEVERAL times and you fell for it anyway.
4. Open My Computer.
5. Drag your Ultima Online Folder over the Recycle Bin.
6. Click Yes when it asks you if your sure.
7. Go out and attend school, God knows you fucking need it.