UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Amnesty allowing Tet time to bypass housing limits

GimpCent

Knight
I am sure this isn't a Tet only tactic but I'll use him as an example because he openly admits what he is doing with complete disregard to the rules and what amnesty was meant for.

I am willing to allow remote desktop for 100% proof of logs. Aside from this, on the 4th, if nothing is done in response to this issue, I will assume that this isn't against the rules. Meaning that, basically, we are all allowed to have unlimited houses. That sure would make PvP a lot easier for wealthy players.

Housing is important now that t2a is gone and houses grant protection in PvP areas.

This leads to an unfair advantage very rapidly when you start assuming he isn't the only one doing this. Amnesty is a joke if this users are not held accountable for the rules they are blatantly ignoring.

Tet is a veteran player so not only is he ignoring the rules, he clearly knows very well what he is doing is breaking the rules. He even stated, himself, that he has a method to curb the rules so that they don't apply to him.

Dont worry though Tet is serious he doesn't want to be Facebook friends anymore... Wasn't this the same guy bitching about point farmers.... Wtf effects the shard more?

Smokeuog

Sorceror
Set a co-owner limit to IP address not based on characters or accounts but ip addresses.. I won't try and figure the math on how you could make it doable and fair but it could be done I think but could still leave loopholes.

The greedy will always find a way to cheat.

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
"I think it's time for us to not be friends on facebook anymore either if that's how you're going to act."

Seriously bro, what are you 10?

If you wanted/need more than 4 houses, you would either have it on your 5th account or let somebody hold it for you.

simple as that lol

No offense but it's 2014 and there isn't that many players in need of a house that bad, I personally think burnt fingers has put in enough work on this server, and kept the pvp going for a long time here, in my opinion he should be exempt from all rules within reason, especially silly ones like this... Now when we had 1500 avg, yeah I could see only being able to own 4 houses per ip.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
If you wanted/need more than 4 houses, you would either have it on your 5th account or let somebody hold it for you.

simple as that lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False-consensus_effect

The housing limit exists for a reason: so individual people don't deny others the opportunity to get housing options through greed. Granted, it doesn't matter as much now as it once did, but it should probably still be enforced so single players can't horde a large amount of premium real estate.

And I think its sad that people are trying to get someone who provides the most pvp, and kept this place active for a long time banned for something silly, shows how much other people care about the activity here. I personally think he should be rewarded.

White Lotus

Sorceror
There's what 150 people playing. Judging by how many houses are standing around the world that puts us at like 50 per person. Who cares if he is co-owned to a bunch of houses? Who really cares if he owned 8 houses? There are no limits in life to how many houses one can own so why should there be in UO. The excuse that it is just more houses for him to house hide in becomes irrelevant when you can just friend people to infinite houses. All that being said I only have 1 house. I personally think house hiding is wack as fuck and the only time I've done it is when Tet shows up to mine with like 9+ people.

Anyway the enforcing of housing rules shows the staff care however I can think of 20 other things that should come first. ;)

charlie3771

Sorceror
Yeah, I've seen new players leave because there were no good house spots. What do u need more than one house for lol.

But dont rat people out man, you should have blotted out his name!

GimpCent

Knight
And I think its sad that people are trying to get someone who provides the most pvp, and kept this place active for a long time banned for something silly, shows how much other people care about the activity here. I personally think he should be rewarded.

No offense but it's 2014 and there isn't that many players in need of a house that bad, I personally think burnt fingers has put in enough work on this server, and kept the pvp going for a long time here, in my opinion he should be exempt from all rules within reason, especially silly ones like this... Now when we had 1500 avg, yeah I could see only being able to own 4 houses per ip.

No one is getting banned for this and you know that Heavy.... I totally respect you but I don't agree

I feel 2014 or not, no one deserves such an unfair advantage above those who follow the rules just because someone played more often than I as the deciding factor. Folken provided more pvp than Tet, Ghost most likely has sparked more activity than base guarding sigils just in the time Holy was formed alone.

Why you think Tet is above them idk but no one deserves to break the rules well others will have their houses dropped in a few days.

Yeah, I've seen new players leave because there were no good house spots. What do u need more than one house for lol.

But dont rat people out man, you should have blotted out his name!
I've never seen anyone leave because they could not find a house spot, and i've played here a lot longer than you.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
I don't think he should be banned, and I feel that GimpCent is scum for posting in this manner, but the fact is that Burnt appears to be violating the rules and the situation should be corrected. If the rule is irrelevant, then we should not ignore violations of it, but instead correct the rule.

However, there is something to weigh when considering a change to the rule: once it becomes undone, it cannot be reinstated. If Hybrid does somehow become popular again, we can't simply strip people of their houses to meet the new player needs. Pleasing a handful of wealthy players hardly seems like a valid reason to preemptively sabotage the server's future success.

No one is getting banned for this and you know that Heavy.... I totally respect you but I don't agree

I feel 2014 or not, no one deserves such an unfair advantage above those who follow the rules just because someone played more often than I as the deciding factor. Folken provided more pvp than Tet, Ghost most likely has sparked more activity than base guarding sigils just in the time Holy was formed alone.

Why you think Tet is above them idk but no one deserves to break the rules well others will have their houses dropped in a few days.
Tet is still here, the others have went to other servers.. Tet is dedicated and you will not get him to go to another server.

GimpCent

Knight
Tet is still here, the others have went to other servers.. Tet is dedicated and you will not get him to go to another server.

I am still here, I havent went to others servers. Other than when I was in the army or had army related stuff to do I was dedicated. I don't think I am above the rules

Your opinion is valid I just don't agree and that is fine

I was actually just exaggerating when I said he should be exempt from rules.. But I don't think he should have any main houses or anything dropped without a chance to get rid of them etc..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False-consensus_effect

The housing limit exists for a reason: so individual people don't deny others the opportunity to get housing options through greed. Granted, it doesn't matter as much now as it once did, but it should probably still be enforced so single players can't horde a large amount of premium real estate.
when this server had more incentive to own more than 4 houses, notably due to pvp locations/IDOC houses, being stuck with the alloted 4 really sucked. One person could not place most 18x18's, let alone keeps/castles alone legitimately without having friends hold a house.

and I'd almost lay money that at one time or another, more people have had more than 4 houses or allowed their friends to hold a house of theirs. Especially the few vets that linger around.