UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"All kill" command works intermittently

Dutchmaster

Sorceror
Char: 7x GM tamer I've had for over 3 years.

Problem: After new PC build and fresh UO install, "All kill" command words intermittently. All other pet commands work 100% of the time.

"All kill" typically works when I first log in and I'm controlling only my mare. After that, it's a crap shoot. If I claim a Drag or WW, "All kill" stops working (I do not get a targeting icon). Sometimes if I stable that Drag/WW, and I'm once again only controlling my mare, "All kill" works again and I get a targeting icon. Occasionally after fussing around with controlling different pets and re-logging in, I can get "All kill" to work while controlling my Mare and a Drag/WW, but as soon as I recall, the command immediately stops working. I've tried all variations of pets -- with 1/5 to 5/5 control slots in use, controlling only a drag, or only a mare, or only a kirin, or any combination of pets in between -- and I can't lock down a combination where the command always works or never works, BUT it definitely works more frequently with less than 5/5 control slots used, and it never works right after a recall.

Background: Brand new PC and fresh UO installs on win 7 64bit. I don't experience this issue on my old computers. First UO install on this PC was the UOSAClassic_7_0_7_1.exe linked from here: http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/patching-your-client.456068/ and I patched all the way. I re-installed the same .exe and only patched to 7.0.8.2 and the problem persisted. Then i installed UOClassicSetup_7_0_15_1.exe linked from the same forum post, and patched all the way, and the problem persisted. Always using the latest version of razor.. doesn't matter if I type the command, or use a macro.

Any suggestions? I've re-installed several times and nothing seems to work. I've been on hybrid since 2006 and playing UO since it was released and I've never experienced anything like this. Perhaps I'm having a giant brain fart or going insane?

Paracelsus

Sorceror
If you mention three years, you should read this first.

http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/changes-august-23rd-2009.298156/
  • Pet owners may friend and un-friend other players to their pets. The friended player can only issue a few basic commands and feed the pet.
  • Magic wielding creatures and pets have a larger variety of spells at their disposal. This may be adjusted as appropriate over time.
  • There was a serious flaw with control chance calculation that was corrected. Previously, if a player had any sort of chance at all to succeed, then the player would always succeed in controlling the pet. This meant that a player with 100.0 taming and over 50.5 animal lore would always succeed in controlling a nightmare (instead of a success rate of approximately 20%). This effectively eliminated pet loyalty from having any impact on control chance as well. This has all been resolved.
  • When a pet obeys an order it will gain a small amount of loyalty. When a pet disobeys an order, it will lose a slightly larger amount of loyalty. Players who plan on spamming commands to control pets they otherwise wouldn't be able to control reliably may notice their pets becoming unhappy much faster than normal.

First, you need to check if your lore is still 50.5. If it is, you need to think about how to raise it up. Secondly, even you have 100 in lore, there is still chance the pet disobey you and will become less happy. Always try to maintain them in the stat of "Wonderfully Happy". Then, you can harass the super power again.

Dutchmaster

Sorceror
The last time I played before I built this new PC was ~3 months ago, and I didn't see this issue.

I just logged in to check the things you mentioned, and right off the bat, my mare wouldn't respond to "All kill." I have 100 animal lore, and his status was Wonderfully Happy. These pets are all bonded too btw.

Paracelsus

Sorceror
If you have 100 animal lore and your pets are wonderful happy while you are commanding them, tbh, I have no idea what is happening.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Even if you have 100 Animal Taming, 100 Animal Lore and the pet is at its maximum happiness, the control chance caps out at 99%. So in UO, of course, it is very common for the pet to refuse your commands once, or even twice in a row. (Have you ever failed the Resurrection spell 10 times in a row before? I know I have, and the odds of successfully casting that are 50% at GM!)

Dutchmaster

Sorceror
It was a problem with my Razor macro, so I'll chalk it up to being a brain fart. :confused:

With a fresh install, had to re-do my macros. I forgot a pause between say all kill and wait for target, so not only did pets not respond to the broken macro, but all future kill commands (typed or left click -> Command: Kill) were totally ignored unless I cleared the target queue. Thank you to everyone weighing in on this.