UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Admins mass deleting stuff

Kethinov

Sorceror
Admins mass deleting stuff

Can you guys tone this down a little?

In order to get a newbie robe that isn't deleted by an admin, you have to make a new character with a robe. And just now, I logged in and I had a series of bags locked down in my house for decoration for weeks now, and they're gone too.

Quit manually deleting stuff because your [massdelete command or whatever is seriously flawed. It deletes robes people are wearing and deletes items locked down in people's houses. Yes, these "worthless items" mean something to some people!

So just make all newbie items decay after 1 minute of being on the ground. This solves the robes issue.

As for mass deleting bags? I don't even see the motivation. "OMG the item count is too high!" Uh so? This is what happens when real people play on your server. People wear death robes, people toss death robes on the ground, people toss items on the ground and they expect that what they're wearing or have locked down in their house won't be deleted.

So please, use my solution or find a better one. Stop mass deleting crap. It's annoying and it's not making the server perform better by any quality measurable to where the ends justify the means.

D

Dave-hybrid

the only clothing that "disappears" are death robes, doesnt matter if youre wearing them or theyre on the ground. as far as deleting locked down items in your house, i dont know anything about that.

so thats where all my bags went. damnit i collect them and use them for pots / loot / bags to hold stuff when taming. now i gotta buy them

They deleted reg bags a while back.. and while that's indeed different, it's still the same idea.. many people used those for storage.

Kethinov

Sorceror
Well they shouldn't manually delete ANYTHING. Ever. Impliment a clean up UOGamers system or change the decay rules. Logging in to find LOCKED DOWN bags missing and robes deleted off my characters body is annoying.

Ken-hybrid

Wanderer
Dye it a different colour. The only robes that are deleted are the ones we consider "death robes", that is, the default hue.

The reason we delete these is because they collectively can use a fair chunk of server resources, and our server is currently fairly low on these. We're waiting for the upgrade. If we didn't delete them, there'd be more frequent memory flushes, which we believe most of the playerbase is willing to sacrifice undyed robes in order to avoid.