UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Additional Updates

M

Mark

Additional Updates

Along with Krrios' poker updates (see the post below this), I have removed all newbied reagents. Characters choosing the path of magery will now start with 5-10 of each reagent, non newbied, instead of the default newbied 30 of each.

I apologize for this inconvenience to those of you starting new characters; however, the number of players farming new accounts and characters was getting out of hand and action had to be taken. The large number of 'dead' accounts taxes system resources and playing with newbied reagents is a lame and gutless tactic.

D

Dragon Wisperer

Thanks...I hate when people just make a ton of characters and use the regs after i kill them

Wrath Child

Sorceror
~runs around screaming like a little whiny bitch about the newb regs being gone but stops and flips off the newb bastards that give decent newbs a bad name~

Rock the fuck on mark.. bout time something was done about this.. hell if i play a straight out character that dont abuse the regs and shit i die omg i'm going back to town to buy more.. so as it was said before

LET THE CRYING BEGIN!!!

Galgum

Page
Doesn't matter really. I have charges in my runebook, I die, recall to house, use my insta-restock button and go back out. I have no idea how newbed regs made the top of the list of things that needed fixed but whatever. It didn't even upset PvP, way to prioritized (bonding in pvp).

Thanks anyhow. :rolleyes:

fonis

Knight
So, the one thing that gave newly res'd chars (aside from arcane shit) a fighting chance (for factions, o/c, red/blue) was removed.... Oh well, guess that storage of 1000+ newbed of each reg we saved up while being red went to waste.

Obe[IC]

Wanderer
Yeah, considering i've fought people that have more than 250+ ea newbie reg on /ALL/ of their characters. Who simply die, res, come back, fight more, etcetc.
It also has an impact on the thief community as well.

Want new res crap? Go blow a few CBD's on Arcane items.

Goddamn...
really seems that i'm the only one doing just 1 account, huh?
=P

whatever... good fix even... hate when it tells me "you cannot steal that" =)

blue_drac

Wanderer
I have 2 accounts. Can barely handle those as it is.... but I think this is a good thing. If you die in combat, you should lose the regs. About time the mage class got a nerf, even if it's a tiny one.

Galgum said:
Doesn't matter really. I have charges in my runebook, I die, recall to house, use my insta-restock button and go back out. I have no idea how newbed regs made the top of the list of things that needed fixed but whatever. It didn't even upset PvP, way to prioritized (bonding in pvp).

Thanks anyhow. :rolleyes:

Yea, god forbid you have to fight a non-mage. You might have to learn different tactics *gasp* How dare they do somthing that speeds up the server.

Galgum

Page
PainDevine said:
Yea, god forbid you have to fight a non-mage. You might have to learn different tactics *gasp* How dare they do somthing that speeds up the server.

Um, wtf are you talking about, I am a melee. All I said is they fixed something that needed the least fixing, there are much more pressing matters that need fixed.

Edit: Reading your message again, I have no fucking clue how you made your statement based on what I said.

strtrk

Wanderer
Galgum said:
Um, wtf are you talking about, I am a melee. All I said is they fixed something that needed the least fixing, there are much more pressing matters that need fixed.

Edit: Reading your message again, I have no fucking clue how you made your statement based on what I said.

Why don't you read Mark's message again. He said the newbie regs have caused people to make multiple dead clients that tax system resources. Cleaning up UOG lag and making it a smoother lag free server should be a priority.

Galgum

Page
Fulgore said:
Why don't you read Mark's message again. He said the newbie regs have caused people to make multiple dead clients that tax system resources. Cleaning up UOG lag and making it a smoother lag free server should be a priority.

Nein schiza..... A cause can have more than one effect. In any case, it was a fix that did more good than harm, case closed.