UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Active Pet

silvertiger

Knight
REQUIRED FIELDS:
Behavior on Demise: Mobs attack whatever pet is closest or hits it first
Behavior on OSI: When attacked by multiple pets, a mob will focus on the one that was first out of the stable
Supporting Documentation (URLs): A post by IP and another that I saw on stratics forums
Changes needed:
Code (optional):

Active Pet

When commanding more then one pet, each will obey your commands in the order that you gained control of them.

Say you have a two pets with you and you give the "All Kill" command. Whichever pet you gained control of first will be the first to attack, and hence the target will also attack that particular pet. For this reason the first pet is known as the "Active Pet".

For example, journeying with a Fire Steed and a White Wyrm you encounter an Arctic Ogre Lord. The Ogre deals mostly cold damage, which the Steed is quite weak against. On the other hand, the Wyrm is resistant to icy attacks - If you took that creature from the stables prior to the Steed, then the Wyrm will be the active pet and the Ogre will concentrate it's attacks on that. As a result you'll need to spend far less time healing your creatures.

In another example, say you wanted to fight a Nightmare, which not only deals fire damage but has a Fire Breathattack. In this case it might be more prudent to use the Steed as your active pet, as the Wyrm's low resistance in that area would make in the more vulnerable.

Note that the relevance of your Active Pet only applies if you're fast enough to target your enemies before they become hostile of their own accord. If you're too slow, after a short period of time they will simply start to attack whatever happens to be closest to them.

The Animal Lore skill can be used to check your pet's strengths and weaknesses, and at higher levels, you can also get readings on the monsters you find in the wild.

http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/432633/

[VALIDATION NEEDED] Pet Claim Order
Discussion in 'Unhandled Reports' started by Gisela, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:

Not open for further replies.
Watch Thread

1. GiselaBug Hunter
    [VALIDATION NEEDED] Pet Claim Order

REQUIRED FIELDS:
    Behavior on Demise: Mobs attack whatever pet is closest or hits it first
    Behavior on OSI: When attacked by multiple pets, a mob will focus on the one that was first out of the stable
    Supporting Documentation (URLs): A post by IP and another that I saw on stratics forums
    Changes needed:
    Code (optional):

Gisela, Jan 31, 2010Report
    #1Like
  2. I.P.Knightly;640371 said:
    If you try it again just remember the order in which you took them out of the stable.First out will take the damage first.When/if that one dies the second one you took out and so on ......

......That is the way it was done on OSI,first one out of the stable took the damage first.We would just name them one two three four five and when the first one died we would move its life bar to the bottom

This almost sounds like superstition to me. It sounds pretty complicated to code and really open to exploits. But if it can be done it sure would be handy.

1. XavierAccount Terminated
    Re: Pet Claim Order

well. I see a prejudice for the first pet removed from stables... but not an exclusiveness to this behavior.

What I THINK is going on here: the pets attack the mobile in the order they are in your control list. When you do "all kill" it goes down the list which inherently will be in the order they went into your control slots, thus the first one to get the order is the first one to attack the target and the first one to be flagged BY the target.

In RunUO: the playermobile giving the order to kill and the AI which will act on it, are two separate threads. So when you tell them to kill they both essentially get queued to attack, and when their slice from the AI timer gets called they do so - but not necessarily in the same order.

To make this even more obvious on OSI is the AI differences in mobiles on OSI. The monsters tend to focus much more solidly on their first target, rather than retargetting when something else attacks it, the same thing that causes OSI monsters to continue to chase the tamer around even after a pet is attacking it.

So, you see a big prejudice towards damaging the first pet out of your stables, as a result of multiple differences.

Also, I was reminded in a hurry of one simple to fix thing thats very wrong on demise: mounting a pet closes its health bars if you have them open :)