UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

a tournament event idea: your thoughts?

Is this a:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crikey

Sorceror
Make a large arena, large enough where players can move out of sight. Enable EVERYTHING: wands, runics, bolas, mounts, pets etc
Basically anything that you could see in a field fight, enable it. Mounts for sure

Then set the tournament and start. Basically it would be field fights in tournament setup

Could even go so far as have a second field fight arena with SPAWNS around. Fighting among spawn takes a whole different set of strategy.
Maybe you could closeup Blood dungeon and have the fights happen there?

As long as its just spawns, and not those lame hidden poison/flamestrike traps

Anyways.....yeah. What do you guys think?

Vote if you want too as well

If there was ever a duel league, especially tournament group play, I would expect it to be a big field like pit match. All spells included. 3v3-5v5's are robbed for being restricted on what they can do, and stuck in a 12x12 area.

The problem is with spectating though. Not sure how you would let player view the field, unless you were streaming as if you were the eye in the sky, and above the match with commentary.

but yea, good idea crikey

tech.

Sorceror
Suzy could add in a code for eliminated players to have a temporary [hide for that event, and they can sprint around with [speedboost being hidden letting them spectate properly. :thumbsup:

crikey

Sorceror
Suzy could add in a code for eliminated players to have a temporary [hide for that event, and they can sprint around with [speedboost being hidden letting them spectate properly. :thumbsup:
That would be pretty great!

I bet that would be tough to do tho huh =/

Tough to do, but in the end, it would make Hybrid +1 that much more unique and the neato place to be ;)

tech.

Sorceror
Not tough to do at all, with the little knowledge of UO scripts (not cheating plugins you nerds) I feel that would be pretty simple to do.

Is it important though?

No, not at all.

There are many things the coding team (that consists of one person) needs to focus on before they get to the fun stuff.

crikey

Sorceror
the coding team (that consists of one person).
Yeah Hybrid would benefit quite a bit with even ONE more person with coding expertise.
Im glad Hybrid has suzy at least. Glad that suzy has been doing stuffs the past month
Is it important though?

No, not at all.

There are many things that need to be focused on before they get to the fun stuff.
Whats the most important thing that should be focused on atm? In your humble opinion

tech.

Sorceror
To BAN AMTOTHEPM.

But seriously,

First the whole entire team needs to get forums settled down, and fix our toxic community, Fix faction bases, maybe a few UOG custom codes (could be events, monsters, etc), get a brand new face of the server (i understand ryan has been busy, but come on..) keep us updated more often in the oh so praised slackchat, push advertisements and get some good marketing ploys, get our current player base involed, and there is way more I could add but I feel like i'm wasting my breath. I'm also stoned lazy and dont want to move my fingers anymore.

crikey

Sorceror
WARNING: GREAT WALL OF TEXT INCOMING

To BAN AMTOTHEPM.

But seriously,

First the whole entire team needs to get forums settled down, and fix our toxic community, Fix faction bases, maybe a few UOG custom codes (could be events, monsters, etc), get a brand new face of the server (i understand ryan has been busy, but come on..) keep us updated more often in the oh so praised slackchat, push advertisements and get some good marketing ploys, get our current player base involed, and there is way more I could add but I feel like i'm wasting my breath. I'm also stoned lazy and dont want to move my fingers anymore.
Well, Hybrids kinda going in that direction

Oenomaus going all GUNG HO with the forum rules to clean up the toxic community (basically any thread with uonewbs or mickey rofl.... Just ban both of them 4life already)

That @Seer Duncan. dudes been doing custom events and monstets. He doea some nifty random as fuck things.
Me and my guildmates fought off a rabid cow, a pure black cow, that was hitting me for 90 damage even with 58AR rating. Took us a good 15 minutea to kill this fucking thing.
Then duncan, on a roleplaying character, ros up to ask us if we've seen a rabid cow that deatroyed his farm XD.
So me and dirt ncguirt lead him to the cow, and duncan co-owns us to an evil tower in the farms, complete with guild exclusive storage chests and even a cannon! As well as special bandanas, all as a reward for completing the event.
This was on Wednesday.
Custom events/spawn are becoming more frequent these days :)

As far as faction bases are concerned, I think they should go back to the way they were 4 years ago. Everyone liked them back then.
The new ones are indeed rubbish. Especially poor minax, losing an awesome base for that pule of shit bricks in trinsic XD

As far as the face of Hybrid, I dont mind if Ryan is away, as long as the staff is excellent. Would be cool to see him more tho :(

On Slack, personally I think its the wrong way to go.
Forums are easier to navigate threw different topics. Slack is good for chatting, but new players are going to check the forums first. Getting acceas to slack is a slight hassle. We need hassle-free to keep the new fish from slipping away.
I say focus on the forums, but it seems Ryan is very passionate about Slack. Would be a hard sell I bet ;P

Advanced marketing and advertisement seems to me like the most i.portant aspect of all that isnt being addressed too much. I noticed each Staff member has their own little department.
Oenemaus: forums
Suzy: coding
Montana: tournaments, ctf etc
Duncan: roleplaying events

Need a GM X: for the advertising department. Maybe get that pulp/atari guy involved. He seems to be able to sell just about anything (joking) XD

Anddddd thats it. Enjoy the wall of text

tech.

Sorceror
I could do such a great job with advertising and marketing.

I've marketed several different products and graphic designers in the last year and I think I did pretty well.

I could get way more creative for Hybrid, not just in social media.

I would never do it for free, unfortunately.

I would also love to be a player relations staff, that would be very fun.

I would have to disappear, and nobody would have to know it was me.

I'm afraid there would be a ton of negative comments if I was staff lol.

crikey

Sorceror
nice idea but to be honest we need more ffa, 1v1 and events like that

i have pretty bad timezone compared to usa but i miss those events :-----(
Would be cool to have some 1v1 or ffa field rules blood dungeon tournaments ;)

Blood dungeon entrance blocked off before it starts.
All mounts, wands, spells etc everything included.

For a 1v1: the 2 players are placed in a random spot in the dungeon. Match starts, ends when someone dies

For ffa, all participants are put in a random location in blood dungeon, then fight until one survives.

The only problem I could see is some bunghole HIDING to purposely troll the event....
Maybe create just ONE rule where you cannot hide for longer then 5-10 seconds?
Since hiding is a useful skill for dungeon fights, it cant be ignored.
However, something would have to be put in place to prevent someone running to a random spot, hideing, then going "up yours lawl!", then goes AFK for the night XD

Perhaps participants could be placed in a mandatory party during the match, so locations can be seen. That way hiding can be used in the battle, withlut needless trolling and delays. If someone drops out of the party, it would count as a forfeit

Could make up all kinds of neat arenas for events like the blood dungeon idea.
Could make a arena replica of Brit GY or maybe use the bottom level of deceit, hyloth, fire dungeon etc....

Could even try making a ballsy event that is FULL LOOT field rules. Of course, there would be lots of scared folks out there. Would have to bump the reward for victory to entice people....

Give a weeks notice before such a FFA event, and announce the prize as 10 yards of PW cloth, a unique one of a kind etheral mount (PW ridgeback anyone?!?) or so ething like that.

Heck....could even make the prize "an event league item of the victors choosing"

With prizes like that, with a notice beforehand, I think there would be QUITE A TURNOUT!!!
Thats what we all want right?

It could work!
@Ryan. @krrios. @Suzy. @Seer Duncan. @Montana. @Oenomaus. @Frank.

What do you guys n gals think?

crikey

Sorceror
Maybe try a NAVAL COMBAT field event XD

Fights could be setup as 2v2s, with random partnering. Two boats are setup on opposite sides of a small lake.

Each team is teleported to their boat, and combat begins! Each team sails their mighty warship into battle!
Teleporting or recalling from your ship to land results in defeat. Boarding and seizing control of enemy vessels would be allowed of course!

Could do 1v1 naval tournaments too, but I dont think it would be as fun.

Heck....if the amount of participants was reasonable, could throw every 2 man team on a boat and have them all do battle at once!

Endless possibilities!
Lets think outside the box and come up with refreshing new event ideas like these and rekindle our playerbases waning interest!

crikey

Sorceror
crike yare u fucking high

i like your idea tho
Im actually completely straight
No drugs, no booze whatsoever
Just cigarettes and coffee....I drink LOTS of coffee

Probably why Im goofing around on the forums while watching TV on a Friday.

If I was high and drunk Id probably be out in the woods shooting stuff, blowing shit up with a large bonfire going with my old maniac crew, or going to someones house and partying all night, or whatever. basically being an idiot wasting away doing stupid shit XD.

Friday nights used to be fun like that.

Nowadays on Friday night, I just work, all alone, with 1 co-worker whos at the opposite side of the building, who never talks(guy is a real creepo and probably a pedo. I bet he'd like ya tech).
I Come home and wind down for an exciting weekend off that consists of nothing extraordinary. Saturday I may get together with friends or whatever, but its not the same anymore.
Sunday all I do is chill out. I go over my parents house and have a little family time with them, my sister, my brothers, grandparents, aunts and uncles. Big ol Sunday dinner.
When I was your age Tech, I woulda hated it but its not bad seeing everyone these days

I'm turning into a fucking hermit lmao

No excitement for me anymore.

The Crikey you knew from 2013 is DEAD

tech.

Sorceror
I havent slept either man snorted mad addy. I needed to fix my sleeping schedule so ima buklshiy w/ homies til i knock out. I been fucked up since 12 fuckinh last night